Tfw I fell for mechanical keyboard meme

>tfw I fell for mechanical keyboard meme

surprisingly this is not a shitposting thread. This time I mean it. I really liked the sound and feel of the keys at first. But then I slowly realized that these keyboards are not actually suitable for fast typing. It's just the sound of the keys that made you feel you are actually doing something, but no. Another meme, another gimmick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jO5IaAKTKsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What switch did you go with?

wut

You know you can get silent mechanical keyboards yeah?

But you do type faster, for most people anyway

My wpm increases by over 20-25 depending on kryboard

tried blue and brown

There are other applications. Supposedly it's better for playing LoL. You'd have to look into it. I don't remember how it helps.

>But then I slowly realized that these keyboards are not actually suitable for fast typing.

quantify your shit faggot

switches too heavy? should have got a light switch, plenty of mech keyboards have a lighter switch than non-mechs

keycaps too high profile? should have bought a low profile mech keyboard, suck it up and by an extra set of low profile caps

>tfw I fell for mechanical keyboard meme

yeah, right, should have done your research, faggot

>LoL

Pull the trigger, user, you dont deserve a mk

Not OP but doing the research to realize all of this without just having tried them out is almost impossible.

>tfw researching mechanical keyboards finally bankrupted me

hahahaha

of course it is a meme

no professionals use that shit

>Buy blues because everyone says their the best
>Realize mechanical keyboards are garbage, but at least I have the best garbage
>Friend gets a keyboard with reds
>They're infinitely better

If you're one of those people that actually prefer rubber domes, you should've gotten Topre.

I got topre
topre is life
topre is the mech

I fell for it, too.
After using it for a while I realised, that typing on a flat keyboard is much faster.

Fuck mechanical keyboards!

tfw just ordered Ducky Shine Mini with MX Reds.

best kb you can get

I did my research, and got a keyboard that suits me perfectly, and is fine for fast typing.

mechanical keyboards are the apple products of PC accessories: they cost more, but aren't objectively better, they just look/feel cooler.

that fucking ugly extended spacebar..... can you ride to space with it? It would be DELLicious if you could.

I bought a gay rgb-Keyboard with brown switches, because i thought blue ones would be annoying after a while. I don't really feel like i can type faster or anything with it, but i like those nice colors ˙͜>˙
Unfortunately i got an old one with the ugly Corsair gaming Logo, but i don't see that in the darkness anyways

yeah it's definitely not me
I hit 90-100wpm on my rubber domes, swapping over to a mechanical makes no difference (sometimes it's even slower) other than feeling a little more satisfying

at those speeds you're fucked by your own thought process long before you're fucked by your keyboard's placebo levels anyway

>But then I slowly realized that these keyboards are not actually suitable for fast typing.
lol, it's personal preference but I'm gonna guess you're probably a pretty awful typer as well

when I switched from membrane to mx blues on a ducky my WPM went up significantly because of how much more comfortable I was with the actuation point of the keyboard. The sound to me is the only downside but that can be easily solved with o-rings or a different switch too.

>2016
>not knowing scissors keys are the higest achieveable tier of typing keys in keyboard history

user, i dont blame you.

>not having a spacebar big enough to slap with your dick

Come on now, it's $CURRENT_YEAR

>fat fingers confirmed.

the point of a mechanical keyboard isn't to type faster you fucking retard

90-100 isn't high though
I hit 130+ easily and I'm shit at typing

>tfw can't even hit 55wpm
Fuck you all.

I've had literally the opposite experience. For the first couple weeks, I didn't notice anything special(other than the sound, obviously, since I got cherry blues). Then I had to use membrane keyboard again and it was like a different world.

mx clear is best imo

The only thing I hate about mine is that it makes every other keyboard I use feel like sluggish shit. Everything else feels like it's clogged up with shit under the keys.
This is a dream to type on.

Mech keyboards aren't a meme, it's the interfsce between human to machine, translation of intention to execution, its the medium of transcendance between soul to body, it's a tool. You cannot blame the instrument if you're a bad player, it needs to facilitate composition and interpretation to crystallize thought into motion which is vibration of particles that resound to an amplified impulse that reverberates; only then you realize that mechanical induction can mitigate the border between the physical and digital, free your mind

I've got a corsair k70 cherry red and I couldn't agree more.
I'm going to replace it with a Microsoft curve I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=jO5IaAKTKsQ

How are the BLACK switch?

Is there any good mechanical keyboard for typing that is quiet?

I have this beast five years and it's still going.
Longer life was the first argument for mechanical keyboards (membranes often degrade over years very quickly) but this dell thing is somehow different..

I decided to try out the rapoo v500 since it was cheap and used the yellow switches razer used so i figured it can't be THAT bad but imo it's pretty fucking shit, i hate how the keys register if i just rest my fingers on it, they bottom out too deep and register too early, the high profile messes with my typing too

if i could get a decent rubberdome tkl keyboard i would get it but i can't find one that isn't 2 dollar chinese dogshit that feels horrible to game on

I've had a Microsoft 600 for two weeks and I have never made so many typos and felt so uneasy with a keyboard. Never got scissors kids.