hwdec=no

Other urls found in this thread:

bakamplayer.u8sand.net/
argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllCMS_arts_tag.html
i.imgur.com/q27szUx.png
i.imgur.com/4QlyBNR.png
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How long until I can make my chinese cartoons look like watercolors?

Probably some time this year.

fuck off windows pleb

>backend=dxinterop
Stop this. One of the primary benefits of mpv is that it is cross platform. Only put cross platform configs in the OP.

What is this cancer software. I'll stick with my VLC, thanks.

kek

>I'll stick with my VLC

Get yourself checked for a brain tumour, you're kek'd in the head.

Why did you reduce saturation for the second screenshot?

When will the shilling end? nobody gives a fuck

S A G E AND H I D E

The screenshots mpv users don't want you to see.

>Angel Cop
>Kentai Films

I know you're trolling, but I'd like to point out that a picture like this is meaningless if you don't know which one of the two the director intended. This fact tends to go straight over the heads of the users of other media players, who don't understand why everyone doesn't prefer the image that appears subjectively "better" to them. I can't even remember which one of the two is mpv, not that it matters.

mpv _only_ cares about accurate video rendering, though there are equaliser knobs if you want to distort the colours. You can totally blow out the contrast and saturation to get that consumer UHD TV look if you want to.

>accurate video rendering
that implies perfect calibration of your LCD and lossless video compression
do you use both of these?

>that implies perfect calibration of your LCD
>what are colour profiles?

>and lossless video compression
No it doesn't.

>what are colour profiles?
those calibrate the sRGB output conversion, but not the backlight of your screen, color degradation over time etc.

>No it doesn't.
then you'll have much more significant distortion than what the difference between mpv's autismocodecs and ffmpeg is

My display is calibrated with a DisplayCAL XYZ LUT + Matrix profile. I'm using icc-profile-auto in MPV, but the colors are slightly different than in Photoshop and XnViewMP.

Any ideas of how to fix it?

>than what the difference between mpv's autismocodecs and ffmpeg is
mpv uses FFmpeg you dolt. Also, the codec doesn't matter. H.264 has bit-accurate decoding, so every decoder produces identical output.

>but not the backlight of your screen, color degradation over time etc.
It does if you generate the colour profile yourself. Using someone else's colour profile is almost worthless, since it doesn't even take into account manufacturing differences, and they can be huge.

I'm starting to think you lack the basic knowledge on this subject.

does mpv have a playlist sidebar yet?
I know asking for gui in mpv is a sin and I generally liked mpv's minimalism but I switched to potplayer just because it was so easy to que up lots of videos.

i'm new to this, can somebody explain how to use these commands? the manual says something about a config file, but i don't have one in my &appdata& folder as it says i should.

You have to create the config file.

Use baka-mplayer gui, they have windows binaries
bakamplayer.u8sand.net/

i created a text document and named it mpv.conf, is that good enough? should i copy/paste the op commands into the file?

Joke's on you, even the artist didn't use lossless video compression in the mastering booth

>those calibrate the sRGB output conversion, but not the backlight of your screen, color degradation over time etc.
I don't think you understand what a color profile is or how it works

What source?

Yep, that should be good. Make sure file extensions are visible so you don't accidentally create "mpv.conf.txt"

It's a jpg sRGB tagged image. MPC-HC shows them correctly using MadVR calibration with a 3dlut. And if it happens on a still picture, it'll happen on a video too.

i checked, it should be working but i have no way of telling if it is,

Add something obvious like vf=flip on a new line. If your video is flipped, your config file is working.

it is working, thanks.

Me again. With this image the difference is apparent.
The image on XnViewMP looks neutral on my monitor, and the monitor profile is being applied.
The image on MPV looks completely blue.

Friendly reminder that MPC-HC is *literally* spyware.

MPC-HC automatically collects telemetry data including memory dumps of the process and sends them to Microsoft, so the developers can see what you're watchin^W^W^W^Wfix your bugs, goyim.

Well, mpv ignores embedded ICC profiles in images so if that differs in some way from the real sRGB you would get a different result.

Any way, how old is your mpv build? Color management has been in some amount of flux throughout most of mpv's history. 0.17 in particular greatly improved color management accuracy (though this mostly matters for film content).

If it still happens in 0.17, you could try increasing the 3dlut-size to e.g. 256x256x256. That may help. Otherwise, without further analysis, I can't tell you what's going on.

>And if it happens on a still picture, it'll happen on a video too.
Film and still images typically use completely different color standards.

Well, if your issue is white point related then maybe try changing icc-intent to 0 (perceptual) or 3 (absolute colorimetric).

MPC is superior

Something else that comes to mind: There's some amount of deviation between how chromatic adaptation works in the ICC spec and how it works in practice.

(See argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllCMS_arts_tag.html for a primer)

It may be that any discoloration is a result of using Von Kries instead of Bradford or vice versa, in either of the applications.

Is there a way to make a lua script load only for a certain profile?

BETTER THAN VLC I SWEAR

I made a mp4 video out of the picture using Adobe Premiere, but I still have the same problem.

I've tried the four possible color intents, and the 3dlut-size=256x256x256, none of them fixed the blue tint.

>I made a mp4 video out of the picture using Adobe Premiere,
That won't help much. Best stick to pure sRGB image files, like a png with the sRGB chunk (and no embedded profile or anything else).

>I've tried the four possible color intents, and the 3dlut-size=256x256x256, none of them fixed the blue tint.
Btw on my end the mpv image in looks more yellow than the XnViewMP one, not more blue.

something is fucked on your end, on Mac it's significantly bluer

>something is fucked on your end, on Mac it's significantly bluer
I opened up the image values and it is indeed a tiny bit bluer (by 2 pixel values) on average for everything. Not sure why my mind is perceiving it as more yellow, must be playing tricks on me.

Since the gamma seems to be mostly untouched, and it only seems to affect the white balance, I'm going to assume this is a whitepoint adaptation issue.

For example, maybe something used 6500 instead of 6504 or vice versa. Or maybe something used two different matrices for chromatic adaptation. Or maybe something used relative colorimetric instead of absolute colorimetric or vice versa.

But without further info there's no way for me to tell you which version is right, which version is wrong, or whether they're both correct (but differ in their settings).

Post an issue with the following information attached:

1. The source image
2. The ICC profile used
3. A log of mpv -v
4. The actual result (raw frame dump)
5. The expected result (e.g. other program's output)

you're not the boss of me

This guy is not me (I'm the guy who has the blue tint problem). I see there are a lot of trolls in this thread.

Any CrossBilateralSR vs opengl-hq comparison?

With a synthetic image only

Anime comparison please, with ewa_lanczos. Opengl-hq uses spline36.

>with ewa_lanczos
What is the difference? spline36 is sharper than ewa_lanczos.

>What is the difference? spline36 is sharper than ewa_lanczos.
I meant ewa_lanczossharp but regardless, it's better than spline36.

MPC-HC is better

CrossBilateralSR

Not scaled
vo=opengl

vo=opengl-hq

vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczos

vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczos:cscale=ewa_lanczos

vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczos:cscale=ewa_lanczos:user-shaders="CrossBilateral.glsl"

Ohh, it actually does look better than ewa_lanczos. Nice.
Can't wait for haasn to merge his hook system.

>Angel Cop
My nigga

Bonus
vo=opengl-hq:prescale-luma=superxbr:scale=ewa_lanczos:cscale=ewa_lanczos:user-shaders="CrossBilateral.glsl"

prescalers are shit.
Is this latest CrossBilateralSR?

Thanks, I actually prefer

>Is this latest CrossBilateralSR?
Oh just checked, wasn't aware that it was updated today. Updated one looks shittier to me though.

[/code]
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczos:cscale=ewa_lanczos:user-shaders="CrossBilateralSR.glsl"
[/code]

It's just sharper, just reduce strength on line 303.

>vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop:blend-subtitles
Error parsing option backend (option could not be parsed)
Option vo: Error while parsing opengl parameter backend (dxinterop)
Error parsing option vo (option could not be parsed)
/home/me/.config/mpv/mpv.conf:2: setting option vo='opengl:backend=dxinterop:blend-subtitles' failed.

Oh wow, yeah; I looked at it again after sleeping and now it's clear as day.

(Before I was tired, in a brightly lit room with the sun slightly shining into my eyes. They almost looked indistinguishable. But now it's dark and the difference is painfully obvious)

Let's see if you can help me guys:
I get a lot of choppiness in the video along with screen tearing and Audio/Video Desynchronisation when skipping in the video, tried the recommended settings (all of them) none of that fixed the issues. I thought that the hardware was enough but I don't know if that's the problem (I compile regularly mpv from mpv-build)

CPU: Core i7 4770
GPU: GTX970
Dual monitor:
-Primary 1440p display at 120/144Hz
-Secondary 1080p at 60Hz

config?

Use a real OS.

As I started with problems with my own config, I switched to the basic ones posted in the OP of this threads. If related this are the errors shown in CLI:

Audio/Video desynchronisation detected! Possible reasons include too slow
hardware, temporary CPU spikes, broken drivers, and broken files. Audio
position will not match to the video (see A-V status field).

[vo/opengl] Reported display FPS seems incorrect.
[vo/opengl] Assuming a value closer to 59.995 Hz.
[vo/opengl] Switching back to assuming 120.005 Hz.
[vo/opengl] Reported display FPS seems incorrect.
[vo/opengl] Assuming a value closer to 60.000 Hz

The video was on the main monitor, so I don't know why it reported 60Hz

Does MPV have a keybind to resize the window to the video size?

How would I go about putting shaders with these video settings on the op?

vo=opengl:interpolation:backend=dxinterop:blend-subtitles
video-sync=display-resample:post-shaders="~~/shaders/AdaptiveSharpen.glsl"
hwdec=auto

?

vo=opengl:interpolation:backend=dxinterop:blend-subtitles:post-shaders="~~/shaders/AdaptiveSharpen.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=auto

Is this some form of sharpening?
Honestly the crossbilateral, makes it more blurry and that's it, but makes lines less jagged on the ceiling, but more jagged on his neck, the hands on the wall seem to be better with it as well.

Might try it

thanks

more blurry ?

I like this one better, though there is a slight change on color.

>though there is a slight change on color.
color was corrected, crossbilateral "repairs" image

>Is this some form of sharpening?
It's like an upscaling mask. Instead of upscaling along all directions equally, it only upscales across directions that have a similar luminance.

Think of it like taking the round upscaling kernel and multiplying it by the local brightness deviation.

SuperChromaRes (SR) part is changing the color.

I think I did something wrong but I am not sure what,

The darker one is the one with CrossBilateral
i.imgur.com/q27szUx.png
i.imgur.com/4QlyBNR.png

It doesn't work with a regular build.

Doesn't surprise me because from what I've managed to see in the source without vomiting, it's doing pretty much everything wrong that you can do wrong with regards to colorspaces and chroma handling.

Why the blurry filter on OP pic? Is the usual form of this pic an autoban due to excess shilling and failure to pay for a Sup Forums shill account?

i5 3570k
Nvidia 970
8GB RAM

what video settings are best for me?

Those are overall quite high specs. Start on high and reduce if you get much frame lag.

Built in motion vector interpolation when?

btw when mpv is in the secondary monitor (@60Hz) It does not present none of the problems with the same config(s). Could it be an X-server or lightdm related?

Is the second display on the same GPU? If not, it could be legitimately bitching about the hardware being too slow.

Also, do other players like VLC have similar problems with one monitor vs the other?

Try manually setting display-fps

Tuesday

Nightly baka-mplayer builds for windows when?
It's the only usable gui for mpv.

WTF is this so confusing issue?
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/3120

SuperRes is a dumb shit, why are you shilling this again and again?

Anyone with Debian stable using mpv? The repository has some shit old version. Would it be a bad idea to try to compile it myself or should I find a ppa?

>that implies perfect calibration of your LCD
Which is stupidly cheap nowadays, my i1D3 was 199 AUD, you can get a DPT-94 for a few dozen bucks on eBay, it should be pretty accurate if your display doesn't have bigger gamut than sRGB
I do use lossless codecs for intermediates, capturing and archiving my master files
For consuming video most encodes are pretty much transparent, though I do prefer downloading BD Remuxes for stuff I like, none of this is lossless video but it's good enough for consumption, also
>implying the studio didn't subsample to 4:2:2 when capturing/editing/mastering
>implying consumers would ever get lossless masters
Not even digital theaters get lossless most of the time

A pretty weird issues, it might be some problem with the lasch0r windows compiles
>Would it be a bad idea to try to compile it myself or should I find a ppa?
It's pretty easy to compile things in *nix, the last git it's working just fine

>Windows
Fuck off

Well fug, tried to install it myself in debian...

root@Thinkpad:~/mpv-build# dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -b -j4
tail: cannot open ‘debian/changelog’ for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1