GOLANG thread

Should I give it a try ? Do you have projects based on GO ? Also is Go going to become the next numbero uno programming language ?

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/jiminoc/ea827cfaf0bb8b07df6b#file-sample-scala
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>is Go going to become the next numbero uno programming language
no

>The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
>– Rob Pike 1

I see no problem there

>> >The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
>– Rob Pike 1

I don't get the point... could you explain it a little further ?

yes
jimplush.com/talk/2015/12/19/moving-a-team-from-scala-to-golang/

large development teams (>20) do well in non-complex languages

So google only hires Pajeets now?

Go and C is a good combination. I'd learn rust but it's sjw.

wew

>using anything by Google
>ever

wasted

wew what a shitty get

Meh.. Checked

kek

>4444▶
> Go and C is a good combination. I'd learn r

waste of a get

posting this on reddit

off by 1111111

Hardly. Go is good at what it was designed for, that is, it's good at concurrent programming on the network.

nice

glogang

(You)

Nice

Fuck off Pajeet

with googlers he means the people who work at google. and in that talk he also says the same for C++ and python and JAVA. so fuck off please

dumb frogposter

Where is your argument, retard?

go is useless shit

Checked.

>I'd learn rust but it's sjw
hahahahaha

you forgot to post your anime smug face faggot

weebs and frogposters are both cancer

On the face of it I have zero clue what the code sample highlighted in this article does.

gist.github.com/jiminoc/ea827cfaf0bb8b07df6b#file-sample-scala

Fuck you

overrated post

underrated post

>overrated post
It's probably overrated because retards like you and everybody who responded to me chose to derail the thread because I got 7 repeating digits.

Literally no valid criticism about Go, and now you're probably going to google some and say 'b-but Go has no generics'. Fuck you.

Witnessed

Wow it doesn't have generics? Does it have some equivalent, like typeclasses?

I've never seen someone so upset to have landed a get.

Jesus fuck. Witnessed. Thank you for your words lord emperor

OP, are you actually a fag? You just got a 7 GET, that's really fucking rare. This was close to legendary

am I ded?

The numbers are the same.