Is it possible to have a Mac thread on here without it degenerating into shitposting?

Is it possible to have a Mac thread on here without it degenerating into shitposting?

Other urls found in this thread:

coderazzi.net/linux/macmini2006/macmini.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a Mac User I feel entitled to say:
>OS X is shit!

The MacBook Air is one of the greatest notebooks ever made, even for Windows and Linux users

No because macs are for homosexuals and women.

I gave OS X a chance, but after a couple weeks of using it I just ended up switching to Windows and Linux dual boot.

OS X is quite literally the facebook OS

this thread is a shitpost

Nope. Everything Sup Forums likes degenerates into shitposting, so anything Sup Forums dislikes stands no chance.

Macs are ThinkPads for people who aren't poorniggers

Classic Macs were pretty cool. Modern macs are retard bait.

Same here, OS X has steeply gone downhill the second Yosemite came out, it's only getting worse.
10.6 was the best version of OSX out, 10.8/10.9 came close.

Appalu Ackbar!

>not Timcuck.jpg
So close, but you ruined your chance.

Tim Cook is the only Tech Leader fighting for your 4th Amendment Rights

No.

I love how they say they're fighting for Freedom of Speech yet, iOS and OSX are the most locked down operating systems of their respective classes and their App Store censoring is worse than North Korea's censorship of information.

Yes! Do you prefer System 6 or System 7?

They fight for privacy rights above all. All the Apple OSes are batshit with being locked and dumbed down, but the BSD underneath is totally free

The App Store only takes a few days to approve an app, unlike a month or so it takes the North Korean ministry to respond to a query for data from the foreign internet.

Glad he's moving away from Apple related shit in his channel, quality went way up as a result.

It's funny because this guy looks more like the average Sup Forumsnuwindux user. He's balding, fat, shorts and socks, and obsessed with guns.

He looks like Austin Evans' Dad

Maybe on fashion board but on technology board you're not even comical posting about macs.

Nice taste.

Apple has given the FBI information willingly plenty of times over the years, the Apple iPhone incident was just a PR movement.

>All the Apple OSes are batshit with being locked
No. iOS is super locked down, but Mac OS really isn't.

It's not possible to have any thread on here without it degenerating into shitposting.

This, now the FBI has changed strategies and really started to hurt Apple's "reputation" of security, with several agencies hacking iPhones 5S and newer.

It's really been hit after hit for Apple, the Indian Government is banning Apple's sales of refurbished phones, China has restricted sales of Apple devices and outright banned iCloud, iTunes and iBooks, key executives and investors of Apple leaving. Their stock prices have tanked massively after 1.5 years of constant decline and it's only going to get worse from now on.

Giving it willingly under the law > creating BackDoor OS. Apple is based

OS X is less "locked down" than any PC version of Windows.

What do you like more about Windows? Beyond muh vidya, it just seems so far behind.

Funny thing is that Thinkpads never were intended for poorfags in the first place either. Then 16:9 happened.

Yosemite was a huge visual improvement, only found the performance somehow lacking but Le Capitan fixed it.

The older ones were pretty damn dated.

Restricted app store keeps the quality of apps higher and chance of malware lower. Besides, it's not like play store is an open paradise.

Given that their stock was far beyond all expectations two years ago, they aren't as much tanking as normalizing.

Can you shitpost from this classy mofo?

Reddit called and they want all their machomos back.

All threads on Sup Forums die or descend to shitposting.

Yes, actually! I can set up MacPPP with a serial port adapter and then Telnet into a shitposting machine.

>Telnet
That's cheating.

I could probably also port one of the C JSON libraries and write a Sup Forums client. Except that requires arcane knowledge and Sup Forums Pass (no chance reCAPTCHA will work on 8MHz 68000).

As long it's not another mac shills and reasons to hate windows we got Linux users for that.

Is it possible to post in Sup Forums without the NSA shitposting because Apple is against giving out his customers?

Poster of a Crash Dummy Modern Art.

Proof

I'm dual booting OSX and Windows on a custom build. OSX for work (webdev fag) and Windows 10 for gayming.

Couldn't be happier with my setup

Except he's married, has a successful business and has children.

I like that who ever took this picture didn't try any cable management. Seriously, its one fucking cord, he could move his desk closer to the wall and it would be pretty much concealed, but no, this faggot is proud of his one fucking cable. He even has a picture where its zoomed in on the cable, to show the hole in his desk as to say "Look how easy cable management is with this Mac™", and then he just lets it dangle, raised above the ground, right behind his desk in a way that literally everyone can see it.

Literally finished and bankrupt

kurwa

Where can I find a semi decent (core 2 duo) mac for below £80? I don't care if it is a laptop with a broken screen etc. I need one for learning purposes (about OSX). Nothing seems to go for sub £150 that isn't a POS.

>using any mac besides a PPC or Motorola one

I got a mac mini off Craigslist for $50. Swapped a core 2 duo in it for $3 and flashed the firmware. Now it thinks it's a 2,1 mini, and runs 10.7.5

Probably going to become my home server once I'm done doing some development shit on it.

>Is it possible to have a Mac thread on here without it degenerating into shitposting?
>>>ESR/B/

Steeling my mouth memes ...

No, since you just posted a literal picture of shit.

>flashed firmware on it
Could you please give some more info?

Could you open Sup Forums page and post a picture of it?

coderazzi.net/linux/macmini2006/macmini.htm

A 1,1 (early 2006) mac mini, can run 1.7.5 when you put a core 2 duo in it, flash the firmware and have 2gb ram.

I also had to fuck around with my installer usb I made, and replace some strings and an installer package, but not everyone has to. But I needed to be able to run Java 8 on it, so I had to get 10.7 working

Thanks.

Insecure virgin detected.

>muh android customizashuns with widges and icon packs gets all teh ladies...

Good thing he doesn't need any extra storage or an optical drive or audio input or speakers.

mac users shitpost just by saying ' i have a mac '

No, point is it doesn't get ladies you fag. Apple is about style and showing off. Windows is about getting shit done

I always felt Apple was about getting things done. Windows was about thinking I'm getting things done but instead worrying more about games.

>tfw i used to bae a memeber of that forum
I only posted in the ppc subforum though. Mu8ch less cringe there.

I'd also proof, they both seem locked-down to me.

recursively wget Facebook.com
EASY

Nope

>using old technology :^}

>using the smiley with a carat nose

no games

>Buying a new device every year.
You must've been born after 2000. How's your iPhone 6s and rose gold useless POS MacBook, fag?

That's in far too good condition to be yours/in use. Any TiBooks that are in constant use go to shit pretty fast.

>Linux users are pedophiles.

Ooooh, so that's their beef with le windows botnet meme.

Excuse me but the Macintosh II had an amazing selection of preloaded games.

Terminal allows you to do practically anything Linux can

Gee, good thing they're not sitting on a massive pile of money and god-tier hardware developers.

>extra storage
USB/Thunderbolt hard drive
>optical drive
USB optical drive
>speakers
USB DAC

I highly doubt it was in constant use, it only has scratches. I bought it 2 weeks ago off ebay for $40. Its comfy for a 2nd gen one though leopard is shit (I'll install tiger after i get a 120gb hard drive for it for old games.)

Its only used for IRC and other simple chats right now.

If you can get legacy captcha enabled maybe you can pipe it through.

68k/PPC boxes are pretty nice and generally have a pretty knowledgable user base. It's just the x86 shit that attracts retards like flies on shit.

$40 is pretty good, it's in good condition. It must either be the 867MHz or 1GHz model, unless you XPostFacto'ed Leopard onto it. And yeah, Leopard will be pretty painful due to processor bottleneck, a machine like that is much better with OS 9 and/or Tiger. Or you can fuck around with Debian or OpenBSD.

Yeah, its the 550 with 512mb of ram. It seems like the seller just cloned the OS off a G5 onto it. I might just put leopard on my dual 450's 3rd hard drive for keks. There was a 1ghz on sale during the same time but i had already bid on this one.

Oh wow, well you must have a lot of patience. If I were you I'd probably use it exclusively as a OS 9 machine or maybe chuck MorphOS on it, it's niche as fuck and doesn't have much software but it runs amazingly on G4s and is about the only OS on PPC that has somewhat of a future.

Eh, its nowhere near my main machine, just something to mess around with while watching youtube. I definitely will put OS9 on it alongside tiger. MorphOS looks interesting but im of the mind that macs should run macos. I might install it but i probably wont.

i got a 20inch 2006 core 2 for 90 quid delivered off ebay. upped the ram from 2 to 4gb for a tenner came with official kb and bluetooth mouse.

i'm looking at 2010 27inch for about 500 i'm so impressed desu

Id be lying if I said I didn't love my 15" MBPr

Gourgeous laptop. Just wish the specs matched the looks

VAIO Canvas Z

That's the only thing where the specs matches the looks

You can install a second storage drive there to, natch

Is it made of shitty plastic and falls apart within a couple months of use like every other shitty PC laptop?

Ever since Apple put an x86 CPU in the MAC, it's become a PC like any other.

Mac is then a brand, like Lenovo or Vaio. No need to be a pedant.

Agreed

Dunno about new VAIO systems but my little collection of oddball P4 models has held up fantastically.

Is it possible to have a technology board/forum without it being infested with mactard shilling, blogging, and circlejerking?

got a 1ghz iMac G4 for free off Craigslist the other day

what should i do with it?

Put linux on it

Did it come with the Harman Kardon speakers? Because they're great.

Post specs.

sadly not, only the keyboard and mouse. tempted to pick a pair up off eBay though

isn't PPC going to make that an absolute nightmare?