How is it that no other Office suite is as good as Microsoft Office?

How is it that no other Office suite is as good as Microsoft Office?

$$$

It's the only decent MS product, so not surprisingly a lot money, time and effort is invested in it.

There are multiple bugs related to having multiple users contribute to a file over the network which have been persistant for a decade now and Google Docs doesn't have a single one of them.

The fact that it has been under development for 25 fucking years by one of the worlds largest and richest companies might have something to do with it.

>Outlook
meh, Thunderbird can do everything and more

>Powerpoint
Libreoffice for normal presentations
Beamer for math stuff

>Excel
If you use it to it's full potential it's unbeatable, but at that point you should probably not be using a spreadsheet anymore anyway

>Word
Libreoffice can do everything I need as well. Why do they keep making new versions of this anyway? Since 2003 not much more than the GUI and the standard font must've changed. I mean, you can only do so much when writing a fucking letter

Because only MS Office is implementing innovations. Others are only working on resolving compatibility issues for their office application with MS Office formats and nothing more. Just open a random patch-notes of any office suite out there:
>improved compatibility with mso
>improved export of mso formats
>now supports new mso standard
>etc etc

GUI is a huge deal though, while MS Office improved, Libre still looks as shit as Open Office did like a decade ago.

But google docs is missing a lot of features, especially on the spreadsheet side of things.

iWork is better

I've tried them all for a while, yep you can do everything you need, but the more efficient-user friendly and full supported is ms office, everything is very good and practical... it's hard to compare 'cus it is in a completely different level. There is nothing better than it, but we will keep having big hopes for a free version of those that kick the ass of the ms shit

I know, I'm just annoyed at how condescending Microsoft is with its userbase about bugs that are plaguing them.

Chinese ripoff of MSO is bretty good. At least better than LO/OO.

WTF are you babbling about? Microsoft has many good products, especially in the server space.

Outlook is meant to be paired with an exchange server. Thunderbird can have a connector, but it isn't the same thing.

Office is bad. You can't even control it with your keyboard

MS Office actively breaks the format of non-Microsoft documents.
This is actually a fault at Microsofts end and helps in them keeping a dominant position.

>2007
>Microsoft Office starts rolling out .docx and all Office documents are automatically saved in new proprietary formats
>This is obviously an attempt to make artificial compatibility issues
>tfw no one but me is alarmed by this

Ever since I exist as a human I've pirated and used Microsoft Office, I have multiple Keys, windows xp, windows vista, windows 8, office - but I never used one, even with the keys at my hand I preferred to pirate both windows and Office.

I've tried over the years everything that tried to pop out - everything was shit, I mean Libre can be an advanced notepad but that's about it...
Office stays the best and the most functional.

You cal run it perfectly wine trough Wine, go for it.

>You cal run it perfectly wine trough Wine, go for it

/thread

WPS Office

I love outlook am I a retard

keked

>using Outlook
>using Powerpoint

Here's a question, where do you actually install Exchange server, on Win Server machine or on separate machine? I mean, if you install Exchange server would that collide with Win Server?

Sorry, i never did server stuff, just planning to start learning

My guess would be that they're designed to work together, but I'm just using common sense. There's no guarentee Microsoft uses that.

Word is fantastic for producing proper documents, eg large reports. The built in equation tool is straight forward to use and cross-referencing is also easy. Though not everything works perfectly. Nonetheless, none of the alternatives (at least the ones I've used) have the advanced features word has. The only thing better than word is learning LaTeX.

>OpenOffice fucking sucks

How much of this sentiment is a stubborn user who doesn't want to put any effort to learning something new and how much is it OpenOffice's status as a pale imitator?

It looks like shit and the cant even predict any of my next actions by changing the UI automatically like MS officr

Just open a Word document with some tables and some finetuned formatting in OpenOffice and see for yourself.

>Just open a Word document in OpenOffice
Try opening an OOo document in MS Office and see what happens.

If it's not a format accepted by employers for resumes, it's not worth talking about.

You should only send PDFs anyway.