Best e-mail service?

What is the best e-mail service?

The one you host yourself

More importantly, do you prefer firstname.net or lastname.net?

lastname.com

>not having the end of your last name be a top level domain

@spambooger because fuck your service.

cock.li

I got fastmail since it's pretty cheap at $40/yr and I can use my own domains. I used to host my own but if anything breaks or doesn't work you're left to fix it, maintain it, and upgrade it and it's just a pain in the ass after awhile.

This

gmail you faggot contrarians

My initials are available as a tld.

Jokes and shitposting aside, it's probably Outlook now.
>free
>halfway decent web-interface
>allows for actual aliases, instead of [email protected]
>easier to sort and deal with emails by filing them into folders and out of the inbox, instead of "tagging" them
The number 1 reason:
>does not scan, read, and parse your email and sell it to the highest bidder in order to give you a ton of advertisements

die just die

>not automatically labelling your email with gmail filters

I do, but I think Outlook handles that better. Gmail's "searching over filing" interface means that even when an email is automatically labelled, it still lands in your default inbox.

has anyone got experience with supposedly "secure" e-mail providers like protonmail and tutanota?

Whatever it is it's NOT fucking iCloud which I am using right now with their little piece of shit webinterface that hangs every 5 seconds but I'm too lazy to switch to another provider

>>does not scan, read, and parse your email and sell it to the highest bidder in order to give you a ton of advertisements
How do you know this user?

cock.li

Actually reading the legally binding privacy policies of both providers, obviously.

Outlook.

mail.com

a lot of free names since not many people use that site