Do you leave your computer off, or on standby/hibernate when not in use?

Do you leave your computer off, or on standby/hibernate when not in use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFsoCr589GI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whenever I know I'll have to start the computer soon or have something important open, I'll suspend the system. But I prefer to completely shut it down because iirc it will solve some things on startup, like correcting memory errors. At least that's what I think, because servers use a different kind of RAM.

>giving a fuck how much electricity I use

I just leave the torrents seeding

On all day, hibernate at night so it doesn't make my room hot and I can boot in like 5 seconds.

I used to put it in suspend, but with my new desktops zerorpm PSU and GPU, as well as dead quiet CPU and chassis fan it's almost not possible to hear beacuse of other noise in my room.

Also, the led in Fractal R5 is bright as fuck and blinks like crazy when suspended, lighting up my whole room. Whoever thought of that should be tortured with it for a year to see how bad it is.

Turn it off for sleep and work, so it's off for about 16 hours a day, on for 8. I could just as well leave it idling, since leaving it idling straight up for a month would only cost me like 3€/month.

Turn off, because full disk encryption

>seeding

Doesn't protect you against anything other than petty thieves and incompotent law enforcement, which wouldn't tamper or break into your apartement randomly anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=EFsoCr589GI

If you really are that paranoid, watch and learn.

>What is a private tracker?

turbo autism central

Laptop, on all day with most components set to sleep/turn-off/low-power-mode after an hour.

I shut it down. SSDmeans Hibernate vs. Shutdown times is a moot point. I have a server for 24/7 things.

i'll let you know if i stop using my computer

I leave it on 24/7. Is that bad for the computer?

Kind user

Not really just reboot it once a week or so.

Suspend. I checked with a wattmeter, and it uses the same power on standby as off but still plugged in. And I'm too lazy to unplug it.

not using ecc on desktop, its like you want data loss

Usually close it when done since i'm home only 2~3 days a week.

When i get lots of time off it's usually on for a week and no need to close it.

Sleep when I'm around but it's doing nothing.
Power off when I go to bed.
>b-but muh torrenting!
I just keep downloading the next day, if anything.

>being cucked into seeding

Just plain on, I let the monitors sleep though