He fell for the cell phone meme

>he fell for the cell phone meme
Here's your reminder that if you own a cell phone then you might as well let the government install a telescreen in your home.
>the NSA actively collects bulk metadata on cell phone connections to cell towers and stores it for months at a time in their FASCIA database, allowing them to look you up in their database and see a map of your travel habits, they also now give all other 3 letter agencies access to this data
>in all cell phones with only a couple exceptions (such as the Blackphone and Neo900) the baseband processor, which controls the cell phone's connection to the cell tower, has complete access to the phone's main CPU and RAM, allowing complete back door access to your cell phone with simple exploits which are easy for the government to develop because they can request the baseband firmware from companies for a security audit
>police departments regularly deploy stingrays for tracking cell phones and their owners

We have a burner dumbphone in the glove box for emergencies, battery taken out.

Neither my wife or I actually carry a smartphone. Paying money for an electronic dog collar, lol.

inb4
>muh job
>muh rich social media life

>>/infowars/

But I need a cellphone so my boss can call me 24/7 and tell me I need to come in on my day off

Cellphones are older than memes. Sorry we can't all live in the woods, having a mobile phone is a requirement if you have I don't know, a job or any friends or family. You're a pajeet-tier subhuman, wait no even they have cellphones.

That information is available from Snowden's leak for the first point, demonstrations at Defcon for the second point, and most news websites in general for the third point.

>having a mobile phone is a requirement if you have I don't know, a job or any friends or family
No, it's not. You can get along just fine with a regular home phone for calling and cell service providers have had free services in place for a while to email to cell phone numbers (just email the phone number at the service provider's address, ie [email protected] for AT&T or [email protected] for Verizon) and anyone can text to an email address with their cell phone.

>falling for the 1984 meme
>in postmodern "End of History" times beyond warring superpowers
>not realizing Huxley's dystopia is more accurate and relevant to today

Main problem is there's no open-source GSM/CDMA modem.
Second pretty questionable what really do ARM/x86 with iME(SGX)/PSP/TrustZone while you "sleeping".

Is there your dog-collar, puppy?

i only use my phone to call for a ride/get called in to work and to masturbate in bed

>Can see your travel habits
Oh nice, they can see a dot in a room on their map

>he hasn't just given up his body and transferred his mind and consciousness into the wired
>he's worried about the physical manifestation in the instance of a single world being tracked by another individual

Besides loli doujins, I don't really have anything to hide.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear :^)

Must be nice to live off the state and never need to be reached. Most of us have jobs though.

>what is a home phone
>what is email
>implying you actually need to have the ability for people to call you when you're out doing shit

>is a requirement
Only if you are a doctor.

Otherwise you negotiate your hours so you are never on-call away from home, outside set hours. If you can't do this you are replaceable and unskilled and a poor negotiatior.

>jobs
>being so lame that you are on call 24/7
>any pajeet can do what you do or else you wouldn't be on call
>hip cancer is a new thing, look it up, cell phones

Well, I have a Xiaomi, so it'll be the Chinese government snooping the delicious yaoi on my phone.

Do you even understand how the internet works?

Not everyone is a shut in NEET with no friends or job.

cute trip, lain poster

>what is a home phone
>what is email
>implying you actually need to have the ability for people to call you when you're out doing shit

Thanks dude.
People seriously have home phones?

But i have airplane mode enabled.

>People seriously have home phones?
With VOIP now days you can get home phone service for under $10 a month, I personally pay about $6.

Do you not have friends?

Yay the government can see me drive to work and back all the time and shitpost on Sup Forums whopee

The baseband processor has just as much control over your phone if not more than your OS does, it doesn't have to do what you want it to.

>implying anyone calls people anymore instead of texting for most shit
>implying email to text message and text message to email isn't provided by every cell service provider for free

>go to order something online
>home phone is mandatory field

>>implying anyone calls people anymore instead of texting for most shit
My friend called me today.

>>implying email to text message and text message to email isn't provided by every cell service provider for free
This would require you to have your computer on you to respond.

What kind of autist brings his computer with him when he goes shopping?

>guys you have to use Linux instead of Windows because Windows is a botnet
>guys you have to use a smartphone

Make up your mind, Sup Forums

Sup Forums is not one person.

>Unmarked police vehicles
>this
>Instant gratification culture/progression stagnation

Of course you can, you just need to not go outside and have any connections with other people and not have them rely on you for anything. I'm arguing the benefits of owning a phone on a technology board in 2016. Who'd have thunk.

You talk about negotiating but you wouldn't even get a job if any employer found out you have something against mobile communications which have been around for over 20 fucking years. Unless you can foresee all possible events for yourself and other people you interact with you cannot 'negotiate your hours'. This goes beyond work too, but I guess you're completely alone.

I just don't understand the hoop-jumping to be deliberately unusual in modern society. You only cripple yourself at the end. This isn't even about privacy because you're using the internet on a non-free computer 99.9999% of the time. This is just autistic hipsterism, you want an excuse to blab to people about how you don't need a phone because XYZ and look like you know shit about anything.

Its not cool anymore please stop.

>>implying you actually need to have the ability for people to call you when you're out doing shit

oh my god people here are seriously delusional wat the hell am I even reading

The rambling of a friendless NEET.

So what? I have nothing to fear.

You talk about negotiating but you wouldn't even get a job if any employer found out you have something against mobile communications which have been around for over 20 fucking years. Unless you can foresee all possible events for yourself and other people you interact with you cannot 'negotiate your hours'. This goes beyond work too, but I guess you're completely alone.

I just don't understand the hoop-jumping to be deliberately unusual in modern society. You only cripple yourself at the end. This isn't even about privacy because you're using the internet on a non-free computer 99.9999% of the time. This is just autistic hipsterism, you want an excuse to blab to people about how you don't need a phone because XYZ and look like you

Nice bait society is garbage anyways.

So you're saying that before sellfones no one had a job, friends, or family.

>This would require you to have your computer on you to respond.
Or you could use one of the many pre smart phone portable internet devices and email from that. I could IM, email, and go on IRC from my Nintendo DS a decade ago. Not that I'd recommend using that in particular over one of the much smaller options.

There is nothing delusional about what he wrote. You might want to get a new dictionary for your phone.

>implying your life is interesting enough for people to care about

This is my point, you're going out of your way and crippling yourself for no good reason. What fucking time do I live in where I communicate by email still for non-formal reasons? That painful era has thankfully passed, nobody misses it.

>use one of the many pre smart phone portable internet devices

Ok I'll get some broken and unreliable and unserviceable piece of shit from eBay to email people who don't use email. I'm guessing you're American. Why are most of you around 15 years behind in everything?

>implying being interesting actually matters any more for having your data be collected and stored

I'm using overchan, does this mean the federal government knows about all my shitposting and all the comments I've made about jews, blacks, gays, and women?

Lel
Actually pajeets are infamous for buying flagship phones even when they're poor as fuck.
>mfw I saw a cab driver pajeet using his Galaxy edge

>Ok I'll get some broken and unreliable and unserviceable piece of shit from eBay
Do they not have thrift stores in the country you live in?

>to email people who don't use email
Email to text message and text message to email service is provided by every cell service provider for free in the US.

Serious question here.

Why does it matter that the government can track and access certain parts of my phone? I'm not meeting up with people in a secure location to plan an attack, I'm not hiding important documents in a text file on my phone (which could easily be encrypted anyways), nor am I doing anything illegal with my phone. Seriously the convenience of owning a pocket computer outweighs all the paranoid tinfoil bullshit.

It's like people want to think they are important enough for the government to spend time and resource tracking their shitposting and fapping.

First of all, you have a right to privacy that should be respected. That aside, the government is made up of people and people are imperfect. A backdoor into your phone is a tool that can be used against you, even if you've done nothing wrong.

That's pretty tinfoil, but I think the most important thing is that research has shown that people act differently when they believe they are under observation. The fact that you're being tracked at all might make you less willing to exercise your rights.

I understand rights are important and our Constitution should also be respected, but the reasoning behind the spying is that it's to prevent attacks and terrorist activities. OP's thought process makes me think he believes that his camera and audio is being viewed 24/7, or that there's a guy in an office watching his movements at all times when it's simply not true.

I despise all the NSA spying bullshit, but this is just one of those things that you pretty much have to live with. I need a cell phone for contacting people while I'm on the move. I use my smartphone for a million other things too.

It doesn't really fucking matter if the NSA knows where I buy my groceries. If any law enforcement agency wanted to target me they could gather that information by watching me for a week.

Outside of privacy from the government. The problem with the baseband exploits is that those are massive security holes that are not being patched and could cause massive problems if any of them ever got out (remember the TSA keys), and the problem with the general bulk data collection is that people in the NSA used the data for their own nefarious purposes when access to the data was more controlled and now all 3 letter agencies have access to that information instead of just the NSA (hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they gave state police departments access in the next decade if things continue the way they're going).

>OP's thought process makes me think he believes that his camera and audio is being viewed 24/7, or that there's a guy in an office watching his movements at all times when it's simply not true.
I don't, but the problem now days though is that most of what they do no longer has to be done in real time due to their bulk data collection. You cell phone location data? Stored for months on end or possibly longer in a rolling database. Your internet history? Stored for a year in a rolling database (though there are things you can do to make it less detailed). 1984 didn't portray anything close to that and the scary Communist Soviet/East German spying was a quite ways from being 1984.

>live in a apartment
>become friends with dumb normies and find a way to gain acess to at least 2 different wifi nerworks
>buy relatively old hardware with libreboot support
>use windows 7 inside a virtual machine and a free as in freedom linux distro
>use a VPN
>maybe try to buy a exactly similar modem to the one in your friend's apartment and install openwrt on it and configure it as well
>visit him and switch the modem without him/her knowing
>don't use a webcam/mic/smartphone
>host your own email and avoid google services

have fun :)