Should i get a 4k tv?

should i get a 4k tv?

I got 4k monitor step up nigga

Fuckin, too right

No. It's a meme you dip.

Yes

I have a 55" LG 4k TV I got for $600 Shits nice.

Holy shit how'd you get it for so cheap l. Was it used

That's not atypical. 4K tvs have dramatically dropped in price. I bought my 55 inch brand new for 750.

>owning a 1080p panel that isn't for phones
literally the only use for one now, it looks ugly af on anything that isn't a flagship phone, even then, WQHD looks worlds better on my Galaxy s7

Are curved TV's a meme?

Frys promo code deal a couple of weeks ago,.

Yes, unless you're the only one who watches the TV so you get the sweet spot.

I agree

Have a Samsung 60" for 1,100$ and a 42" one from seiki for 250$. They are nice if you have content or want to play games. Otherwise wait till 4K content is frequent.

>buy 4k tv
>no 4k content
Dont fall for it.

Hence why curved monitor is not a meme while TV is

no

it's still too early for 4k; television or monitor

monitors are capped to 60hz and dont support HDR

televisions are capped at 60hz and the ones that are "UHD Premium ceritified" aka "these aren't shitty gimmicks that you will need to replace in 2 years" are all $2000 or more

when HDR/Displayport 1.3 4k televisions and monitors are out for less than $1000 then buy one

Don't do it user. Remember when 3d tv was the thing? I think 4k will end up like that.

higher resolution is absolutely not a gimmick. just like 1080p wasn't a gimmick

>overpay for 4K now
>hardly any 4K content going around
>1080p upscaled to 4K at the very least

>wait a while

>cheaper 4K TVs come out
>they have all of these new features and shit that make your 4K TV look like a piece of shit from the 1950's
>4K is mainstream and it's no longer an expensive, early-adopter novelty

Just buy a nice big 1080p and wait a while, bro.

Is HDR a meme?

I bought a 55 inch js9000 last christmas and it rocks, when you have idealist conceptions on what technology is supposed to be and what you're ready to pay for you just lock yourself in some circle jerk

Are you going to rather buy 27 inch 4k monitors or surround gsync 1440p, ffs it's meant to watch movies with chicks and game in 4k at 22ms latency with an upgradeable connect box

HDR freaking rocks when you watch house of cards and the tc is a freaking source of light and you get horror movie chills on how realistic the image is - experience man

Tired of this stuck up in the ass imaginary what im supposed to do and enjoy world, live life

And playing games like ark made me realise I'm an hour flight away from the real tropical beaches, totally retarded go figure how life imitates art

>is an objectively superior technical format that is widely adopted a meme
no. It's not a gimmick, it's just an upgrade.

What are you planning on using it for?

they're curved in the wrong direction

most TN panels need vertical curvature to compensate for the gamma distortion, not horizontal curvature..

>monitors are capped to 60hz and dont support HDR
waiting for 4K OLED personally

Problem with HDR is underspecification. Technologically they're an improvement in the general sense of the word

but wait for the standards to catch up and make sense