There's a phrase that's on the tip of my tongue that I can't remember for the life of me

There's a phrase that's on the tip of my tongue that I can't remember for the life of me

let's say I have a hundred cable subscribers linked to a single splitter that links to the coax cable trunk. Each subscriber has 10mb/down and 5mb/up coax to the house, but instead of having a total capacity of 1000mb/down and 500mb/up from the splitter to the trunk, I provision only 200mb down and 100 mb up because on average not everyone is using all of their bandwidth at the same time

this saves money overall and increases utilization of each coax cable but leads to bottlenecks when everyone gets on to do something (like streaming GoT)

what's the term for this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisioning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Judaism

Overselling bandwidth?

holy shit, racist much??

Whats wrong annon? That comment hit a little close to home?

STOP IT

i ask you to delete your post

Statistical Multiplexing

there's a specific term for it for bandwidth, either for internet or on freeways

freeways aren't designed so that everyone in the area can be on the freeway at the same time, they're designed to handle an average 'load' that's derived from usage patterns

You must be new here. Welcome newfriend

Load factor?

I asked you guys to STOP but you guys didn't - you let me no other option...

I'm going to write a very offensive yet necessary post about you guys on my website. Enjoy your e-Life while you guys can. thishastostopnow.tu m blr. com

On second thought, maybe "utilization factor"?

Flim flamming the Zim Zam

Disgusting.

Don't ever talk to me or my wife's son again.

>Not having the full bandwidth and then some for backup
>what's the term for this
Liar, cheat, etc...

offramping

And what exactly is wrong with that picture?

JIDF pls go.

The basic word you're looking for is provisioning.

More specifically:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisioning

Congestion?
That's what broadband companies like to call it anyway, even though it's not congestion for multiple people to use what they pay for at the same time. You'd be better off calling it false advertising.

oversubscription

the term you are looking for is oversubscription

fraud

bait and switch

95th percentile ?

it's called using Comcast as your ISP

its called upgrade your god damn infrastructure and start selling more bandwidth for cheap fucking faggot its literally 2016 and ISPs still call 10mbps "lightning fast". kill yourself