/csg/ - chink shit general

Yes, we know everything is already from China but in here we discuss the no/low-name cheap shit you see on Gearbest, AliExpress, eBay and similar sites.

>IRC channel #/csg/ on rizon

Chink Shit Wiki:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_Shit_General

>News
• Xiaomi to host a conference on May 10 for the Xiaomi Max & MIUI 8. More products rumoured to be announced/shown are the MiBand 2, Xiaomi VR and a Xiaomi Drone
• One user made a Chink Shit Gen mousepad • More anons have requested the Nidec Servo Gentle Typhoons and it looks like Gearbest is actually going to start selling them
• MIXZA Shark 64gb Micro SD speeds on usb 3.0 (still going strong after several weeks of use) and 2.0 speeds • As a reminder the internals of the BM-8000 ($22) and BM-800 ($14) are the same, only difference is that the 8000 comes with a small pop filter.
• A 32gb Donut MicroSD faces off against a Sandisk ultra 32gb • user reviews a Roman S530 (bluetooth earphones) • Screen On Time of a Xiaomi Redmi 3 • Redmi Note 3 Pro struggles with night shots • user reviews a "Mechanical Feel" keyboard off AliExpress • user receives a small order of Thinkpad clitmice, a Xiaomi Powerbank and a chinese t-shirt his shirt isn't actually Chinese and with 17 more packages on the way user soured his dad's day
• user reviews a pair of waterproof bluetooth earphones for use in the shower • AliBaba has a new policy Previous thread(s)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0xd8s5XrgCJ
gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_230472.html
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/rom-qualcomm-base-rom-redmi-note-3-pro-t3346350
aliexpress.com/item/Sanrenmu-7010/32335289829.html
aliexpress.com/item/CS-GO-Counter-Strike-Karambit-Knife/32606344268.html
aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Claw-Knife/32595712954.html
aliexpress.com/item/Small-Protable-Knife/32571353855.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-5-5-ASUS-Zenfone-Max-pro-5000mAh-Battery-4G-LTE-Snapdragon-MSM8916-Quad-Core-Android/103919_32656360533.html
gearbest.com/pocket-knives-folding-knives/pp_218992.html
gearbest.com/survival-emergency-gear/pp_185413.html
banggood.com/Cheerson-CX20-Opensource-Version-AutoPathfinder-Quadcopter-RTF-p-932145.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

UPDATE THE STICKY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what would you like to be updated in it?

Did the guy with the RayBans ordered through WhatsApp return?

Also, anyone else having the 'missing calls while in standby mode' bug on their RN3Pro?

>bug on their RN3Pro?
next time buy a Samsung

>Samsung
not a chance

I don't get called or texted at all so I can't respond to that ;_;

The news which have been the same for like 3 threads now.

chinkman arduino seems to work fine with the official software winblows seemed to install all necessary drivers by itself, decent buy for ~$5

You get directly an sms that you've just missed a call, there's a fix but then you get 50% of your battery life. It seems that just a handful of us have this problem.

GAYBEAST told me to do a factory reset.

Post it into the MIUI forums, the Pajeets over there will help you

already did, there are a lot of threads and apparently the pajeet developers are working on a fix, but with the last couple of OTAs didn't fix shit.

I've heard that this bug is there even on AOSP

Any place to get cheap and playable guitar strings?

Got mine from gearbest too. Did you flash the ROM to the global version? Gearbest put on a weird version of MiUI on mine

Got one of those cheap lapel mics today. Voice quality is so so. Heaps of distortion when amping it up even a little. This is labelled as 'base' volume on my xfce volume manager:
vocaroo.com/i/s0xd8s5XrgCJ

mine came with a funny version like 7.1.99.99 = non existent. I flashed iirc 7.1.8.0, got an OTA week later, and another to 7.2.5.0 couple of days ago. which version do you have ?

i might try xiaomi.eu's rom these days

Xiaomi.eu roms are good, can confirm. They have a few fixes and generally felt a bit more stable. There are pre rooted ones in MIUI and XDA forums too.

Yeah you seem to be on the right version. Haven't updated mine yet

I still haven't rooted mine, just want the incoming calls to funcion

Hmm yeah their changelog seems to show a fix to the problem you're having so I guess they're probably aware of the problem

shoooo shooooo

yupe, that gave me hope.

they might be under a lot of stress before the event tomorrow

aaaand btw, the nilkin frostedshit case is pretty nice, the back is matt and rubbery.

OP of last thread here, it did get updated. I'll update it again next thread.

gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_230472.html

is this quadcopter good? has anyone tried it?

They're decent toys but last minutes and are very unstable in flight, as with all small quadcopters

Get the JJRC H22 instead. It was posted some threads earlier, same price on Gearbest and has good reviews. Get some extra props and maybe extra batteries and you're golden.

Strings aren't that expensive as it is. I'd just stick to name brands.

Recommendations for a cheap but ok box cutter familia?

Looks good.

yeah, thx, and finally i'll sort through the charger/adapter mess I have underneath

You might want to delete your number...

It's not my number :^)

Same here. It's some bootleg custom miui rom when I got it. I applied for unlock and flashed AOSP. No need for any of those chink spyware crap that uses up your data.

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/rom-qualcomm-base-rom-redmi-note-3-pro-t3346350

Define cheap
aliexpress.com/item/Sanrenmu-7010/32335289829.html
One of the best chinese knives you can get

If you will literally only use it to open (chink) packages
aliexpress.com/item/CS-GO-Counter-Strike-Karambit-Knife/32606344268.html
or
aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Claw-Knife/32595712954.html
aliexpress.com/item/Small-Protable-Knife/32571353855.html

If you want just a traditional box cutter / x-acto knife I can't help you besides saying that there's some on ali.

TFW a phone is so chink that pajeets ignore it and the only roms are from russians

which phone is that?

Probably an oukitel

Thanks user, first knife looks really nice.

What differentiates it?
Any better looking but similar quality you can recommend?

sounds more like you're breathing on it than actual distortion

I had it on a low input volume that time. If I made it higher I could hear crackling. But I think my technique isn't that good for sure.

Hey, having a small LAN with some mates, looking for a cheap ethernet switch to use, looking for the cheapest shit to use, anyone got any suggestions?

If your LAN is soon just buy a second hand one near your and don't roll the dice with shipping

I live in a rural Australian country town, shipping is the same to Perth though.

LAN is like in a month.

Gearbest sent me a tracking number but it doesn't work. Should I wait?

Pretty sure chink post offices allow people to generate tracking numbers online and slap them on a package to make it quicker. Basically just wait, get worried in a week.

New to this thing though so can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

It's fine, just wait a while.

Sometimes it's just less infuriating to not check and think you've got a parcel coming at some point, so yeah just wait like he said before it gets in their system

Any europoors ever buy anything from GearBest's EU warehouse? Trying to avoid customs like the plague, but I really want a RN3P.

The fuck is up with gearbest. I ordered something on friday when it said 4 pieces left in stock, so I expected it to get send this afternoon. But today it still says 4 pieces left in stock and "dispatch: ships between may 27 - june 5th". Should I be worried?

>he doesn't game on shark gpu
lmao

Good deal for a Zenfone Max Pro? Starts tomorrow for $128US:
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-5-5-ASUS-Zenfone-Max-pro-5000mAh-Battery-4G-LTE-Snapdragon-MSM8916-Quad-Core-Android/103919_32656360533.html

rn3pro and a chuwi ilife v5pro, no customs from EU warehouse

>snapdragon 410 1ghz
no

Is there a reputable seller for the RN3Pro in the UK? I know I can get it from gearbest or ebay but I'd rather not wait 3 weeks with GB or get fucked over via ebay

Ali has them, got one a week ago shipped from an EU warehouse so no customs.

Me too, phone. Me too.

If that's your budget, get an oukitel k4000 pro instead for 90usd, or get a redmi 3 for 130 usd.

Both are great options for the price.

Difference between
gearbest.com/pocket-knives-folding-knives/pp_218992.html
and
gearbest.com/survival-emergency-gear/pp_185413.html

other than the color?

The dark one is more expensive.

m-muh stonewash

>Search on Aliexpress

JUST

>ububtu
Congrats on no apps whatsoever

The black one has a super cool awesome rad flame and black finish that'll fade as soon as you scrape it against something harsher than your skin.
Stainless one is a great knife.

ctrl+v on the quick reply form :^)

Apart from every program that runs on GNU+Linux.

Just wait, it'll probably get sent today or tomorrow. If not then contact support and they'll give you a more accurate estimate.

And how fun is that gonna be with a tablet/phone. To get anything to work in Linux you need to type 288506348x commands in the terminal, yippee have gun with that on a touch device.

It better. I'm willing to take a risk on the vernee since it's pretty cheap and I'm not a power user at all, but if I seriosuly have to wait until next month for them to send it, then wait another month for it to get here, I might as well shell out an extra 50 euro and get a redmi by the end of the month.

Thanks, I'll order from them then.

>dude so many commands
gtfo my Sup Forums with your nonsense

Best 5.5-6" smart phones?
Few requirements
1080P screen minimum
4000 mah+ battery
Marshmallow

It'll be used in Australia

sudo apt-get install my-faggot-program is one command. This is Ubuntu, not Arch.

The more valid objection is that the GUIs for 99% of programs are going to suck ass until they are redesigned for touch, and 99% of that 99% won't ever bother redesigning their interface

I bought it, the battery died after 2 days. Gaybeast told me to send it back to china if I want my money back. cunts desu

guys post some chink memes/artwork to put on my ONE DOLLAH mousepad

>chink

Need help with ordering a cx-20. They are 200 near me in chicago suburbs but not the open source. And I will want to get this thing on a computer controlled patrol eventually.

This is the link I am looking at. banggood.com/Cheerson-CX20-Opensource-Version-AutoPathfinder-Quadcopter-RTF-p-932145.html

Never ordered chink shit before am I pretty safe?

Also what should I be looking at for the gimbal? People recommended the xiaomi yi camera. There there some gimbal out there Ill be able to control remotely after figuring everything out? Im looking to make small videos for local family business. And would like to eventually get the thing to follow a path for some shots. The coding wont be a problem.

Also been looking at youtube and all the little upgrades that can be done including getting the phantom parts like blades and blade guards.

>artwork

I plan on installing OpenSSH server for the scripting, then just having launchers for scripts.
Might try some remote desktop servers as well.

Where do you guys buy your xiameme phones on ali? The search bar shows me exactly 0 xiamo smartphones being sold, which can't be right.

Which one user?

And more delays for my Wintel Pro CX-W8 package, now it's sorted on wrong side of Finland

At least it didn't stop at customs.

Can I expect something on banggood to not be a scam? How is shipping to the us we arent getting taxed yet are we?

I've ordered piston 3s from them and it's been fine, no we aren't.

I have a similar setup but no controllable gimbal, its great.

Which 2 in 1 Device/Tablets you guys fell to advise?

Nah, I find it way better than GB

how do you go about installing google play on a vernee thor?

Did you already get yours? How are your first impressions?

smells like ass :(

cuz its a shit phone lolol

Should have bought an oukitel 2bh

no just wondering how to install it before i buy it as i don't want to be left with getting applications from APKmirror.

Does anyone have experience buying garmin or similar cycling computers from china?

Thinking about this. $7. My tower is under my desk so USB 3.0 is a pain to access and I have my backups done automatically when I connect my USB 3.0 external HDD so the switches could make that whole process a lot easier.