Explain EVGA to me

I get it that their customer service is awesome and they will give you new GPU almost instantly if you RMA with them etc.

But why are their GPUs noisy overheating pieces of shits?

>walk into friends room
>user whats that noise
>just my computer
>check it out, yup its EVGA doing all that noise.

pic related your average thermal scan of an evga card

Because they're a fairly small company compared to the likes of Asus or MSI and don't have the same R&D budget. Their products are generally mediocre (in fact, their motherboards are outright bad these days, after their entire engineering team and Shamino quit), but their customer service is so much better than any other hardware manufacturer that it's ridiculous. So you either buy the best product and hope nothing goes wrong, or accept EVGA's B-tier efforts and know that you're covered.

The one area they do excel in is PSUs, but then they don't actually make those, just design a different case for Seasonic/Super Flower units and resell them.

Low end brand doing damage control with god tier customer service.

But its not like MSI or Asus customer service is shit.

Asus customer service is absolute fucking garbage.

Which company makes better gpu coolers? Msi or asus?

MSI if you are okay with their aggresive designs.

asus directcu used to be my preferred solution, they stopped making them switches to something else which looks lower quality than directcu in general so now its gigabyte windforce for me, dont know about msi

MSI generally run cooler and just as quiet. They also cool the memory properly, whereas Asus never bother.

Secret protip: Palit have the best cooler on the market right now. Their Super Jetstream design used on the 980 and 980 Ti is mindblowingly good. Bought their 980 because it was cheap and ended up buying their 980 Ti to replace it after being so impressed. Sold it a while back in preparation for the new cards, but I might go with them again. No idea how they are for warranty support though.

Gigabyte windforce is godtier

How about gigabyte? I haven't had a gigabyte product go bad on me yet, but I'm curious.

What exactly is so good about their customer service?

Depends on your region. They have a service centre in the UK where I live, which makes them a good option. In other countries it may be different.

They never kick up a fuss about replacing anything. Quick to respond to emails. Actual staff who speak English rather than poo in loos and chinks. Their turnaround times are excellent. For a deposit you can even have them ship a replacement card before you send yours in, and they refund you when it arrives. They also regularly upgrade people to equivalent newer cards if they don't have stock of an older model (they replace 780s with 970s and 780 Tis with 980s for instance).

It's just a shame that most of their products are fairly underwhelming. The Classified stuff is top tier, but comes with a ridiculous price premium over comparable products from other vendors.

So why exactly do brands like EVGA and MSI exist when I can just buy my card from Nvidia or AMD themselves?

Are you retarded?

What am I reading

You can't though. Even reference cards are manufactured and sold by each brand seperately, just to a reference spec and design.

Although Nvidia are selling the 1080 directly, which is a first, but those will still be being manufactured by someone else. My guess would be PNY, as they've worked closely with Nvidia in the past (much like Sapphire with AMD).

>Even reference cards are manufactured and sold by each brand seperately, just to a reference spec and design.
Why? I've never heard of this before.

There's no reason for AMD and Nvidia have their own manufacturing facilities. They just sell their chips, designs and licences to companies like Asus/Gigabyte/MSI, who then sell manufacture and sell the cards. Things like board layout and component choice are strictly mandated, so there's no real difference in the end result in terms of cards using the stock cooler.

For their own custom cooling solutions they have more freedom. Some use the reference PCB outright with a different cooler, some use the same layout with upgraded components and many more use completely custom PCBs designed in-house rather than Nvidia/AMD, often with beefier power circuitry designed to support higher overclocks, but sometimes just smaller and cheaper.

There are some rare cases of cards using a reference cooler with a non-reference PCB, albeit just different component choices rather than layout changes. Overclockers UK commissioned their own custom GTX 970 using the metal Nvidia cooler and upgraded components designed to eliminate coil whine. The actual manufacturing job on those was done by Manli.

>There's no reason for AMD and Nvidia have their own manufacturing facilities. They just sell their chips, designs and licences to companies like Asus/Gigabyte/MSI
Why doesn't every other company do this too?

I've been using EVGA for years and haven't had a problem or performance want ever - they've been B-list for quality this entire time?

I don't really understand the question. Some companies are hardware manufacturers and some aren't. The reason companies like Asus buy the right to build hardware is because they have the facilities to do so. Manufacturing hardware is their business and how they make their money. AMD/Nvidia make their money by designing chips and selling those designs. Krispy Kreme make their money by selling doughnuts. Different companies do different things.

I meant why doesn't Asus or EVGA make iPhones for Apple like they do for Nvidia and AMD?