Why doesn't Microsoft just kill off Windows Phone already? It's not going anywhere

Why doesn't Microsoft just kill off Windows Phone already? It's not going anywhere.

Same reason why your parents didn't abort you

because they rich as fuck and they dont care if it doesn't sell

It takes time to "kill off" something and recover what value you can from it. You'll only see products up and disappear from a market when a company is on the verge of bankruptcy, or already in the liquidation process of Chapter 7.

It'll wind down once they find a suitable way to do so. They don't even talk about it anymore.

>rich as fuck
>Apple has more money

Yeah...nah.

They killed off the Zune pretty fast though

>Apple has more money
>so Microsoft isn't rich
(You)

They will kill it when the Surface Phone is ready.

Intel did it for them.

Most retarded thing itt

Because they desperately want a piece of the mobile market.

They might release the surface phone with a desktop x86 windows 10 OS. This could get them more mobile market share.

But yeah windows mobile phones aren't going anywhere.

dumb tripfag cancer

> Windows phones not going anywhere

That's not entirely accurate. Mine goes about 10 meters when I throw it across the living room.

Joking aside, Microsoft is changing the focus of Windows phone from consumer to enterprise, like it was back in the days of the HP ipaqs.

Well see how well that worked over the next 18 months or so. The Lumia line is kill, but that was always the plan. When Nokia happened, Microsoft was already well into design and final pre production testing of their own handset.

Theyll do about as well as blackberry

But they won't because Intel just recently killed their future mobile chips

They still have core-m and old moorefield SoCs though. Those could be used for a surface phone though maybe not the core-m ones, those are expensive AF.

RIM is actually doing pretty decent. BES is about the only thing keeping them afloat.

More business oriented is something g might get into naturally, even with hp new windows phone looks nice. Hell we are getting horny about hp all the sudden with rpn discussion.

We just need a clover for w10.

Sent from my shitty WP app.

>Apple has more money
>Locked in Irish Bank accounts
>Can't be brought over to the states
>Can't be distributed to share holders/themselves

It'll take Jewish magic to bring that cash stateside

But I like microsoft labia

Seems you're not going anywhere, OP, why don't you kill yourself?

windows phone IS dead
long life (hehe) windows 10 moble

Apple has no money, and that's why they have $75B in debt in the US and no way to pay it off.

I don't get all that apple and android shilling

every reasonable human being should support windows phone too
we need more competition instead of monopolies

but who am I talking to

LONG LIVE ANDROID, INTEL AND AMD
HERETICS SHALL BURN

Theres like a billion Pajeets lining up to buy that shit.

le indian bogeyman meme

doesnt MS owns a part of Apple?

One could ask the same question about any and every Microsoft product.

>anything from currysoft

Love or too late to change opinion?

Why doesn't AMD make x86 mobile chips?

Delusional hope

They do

>I don't like having choice
>I prefer sucking the same disgusting dick everyone else is sucking

Can't afford the licences for the patents, etc. They might be able to make something for the Chinese market i guess.

But DESU Jaguar is nowhere near efficient as Atom is.

Underrated post.

Dumb post.

>Windows phone is irrelevant shit
>calling it Surface phone and putting a fucking desktop OS on a phone will somehow make it less irrelevant

>Can't be brought over to the states
>Can't be distributed to share holders/themselves
Why would they want to do it? That's the entire point about their cash stacks, investors can't get a cut.

Very dumb post.

OS fragmentation isn't necessary good, and monopoly is impossible due Apples aim at premium sector. Whether there is one competitor or two doesn't matter too much for the competition. Besides, it's not like MS offers something new. It's basically less laggy Android without apps.

Most of them make money, doubt WP does unless you count the data collection … which isn't very effective with

They are few generations behind Intel at almost everything, efficiency being the reason their mobile chips are hopeless.

>oh boy choice is truly the greatest freedom to have
>now I can choose from the bouquet of three disgusting corporate dicks instead of two!
neck yourself

and inb4 you start rambling how much of a gay/faggot/indian shill i am.

i prefer to be a hipster scum and continue to use my blackberry, at least girls notice it and want to play with the keyboard. good luck getting anyone but some curryshitter interested in your meme device.

At leat Applel and Jewgle tried to resist the prism.
Memesoft just joined.

Enjoy your botnet

BURN

They want to but quietly.

Then introduce surface I guess.

They won't put the full desktop OS on the phone obviously but re-brand windows mobile with surface with a focus on having apps like desktop windows does

>At leat Applel and Jewgle tried to resist the prism.
0/10

Like what? iOS and Android got all of the relevant Microsoft apps, and fuckloads of others apps that actually make sense on a phone. Both are also well established platforms for devs and users.

Why would anybody buy a Surface phone over these two? What exclusive app is even popular enough on desktop Windows to justify it?

It will have some business features and sync nice with the Windows ecosystem most people use.

Really people might start realizing you don't need an "App" for everything because the craze towards apps especially with what Apple had on iPhone was a shitshow of lite and paid App or games for kids to dick around on.

The only apps that would be necessary is for browsing something like Sup Forums properly or maybe having a nicely integrated Facebook. Otherwise default apps have your back.

What the fuck are you missing now? Windows does have Bank apps too.

>some business features
Does it even offer encryption now? What business features exactly?

>sync nice with the Windows ecosystem most people use.
Current apps on iOS/Android sync fine with all the cloud services and Office already. Most people still forced to use Windows at work are either office drones or Microsoft employees who don't need much more either way.

>What the fuck are you missing now?
Me personally? Not much but I couldn't give less fucks about most apps. Normal users want games, snapshit, instagram, whatsapp, imessage and whatever the fuck else. Android and iOS get constantly new stuff developed on them, WP users gets inferior versions later if they are lucky.

Blackberry showed pretty well that WE BE BUSINESS doesn't work if the overall phone sucks. MS would need some killer hardware AND software just to stand a chance, probably undercut at price too.

>claimed date of conceival of PRISM programme
>2007
>Microsoft joins
>2007
>Google joins
>2009
>Apple joins

That's at least a 5/10 user.

ITT the years when said companies established big enough userbases that the NSA took notice.

Google was more relevant on the Interwebz in 2007, Apple was fucking huge in 2010. Stop trying, Pajeet.

>0% desktop presence in 2007
>30% mobile presence in 2010 and only in US
ok kid

>youtube
>gmail
>LITERALLY build their empire on tracking ads

you should stop posting

I've only seen a windows phone once and it was owned by my friend who is a massive Microsoft/Intel shill.

I thought macfags were annoying but he was even worse because it was like a macfag with the "I'm better than you" turned up to 11.

Macfags are right though, they use better stuff than non macfags. The annoying ones are the faggots who worship Apple and pretend that they make no mistakes.

>Macfags are right though, they use better stuff than non macfags
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>Besides, it's not like MS offers something new. It's basically less laggy Android without apps.

It's more like MUCH less laggy android without apps, my old 520 still runs like new with it's cute 512MB and Qualcomm 212.

The 520 had a S4 not a 212.

Anyway, I moved to Windows Phone because it has the best UI and I wanted a phone with a better camera. Oh, and it has the best keyboard.

The performance is not that impressive as it was some years ago tbqh.

right, I was looking at a new phone and i got it mixed up with the 650.