How does one connect their PS4/Xbox to a DisplayPort monitor?

How does one connect their PS4/Xbox to a DisplayPort monitor?

I recently purchased one of these devices, but when connected the monitor does not receive any signal.

you can't go HDMI -> DisplayPort

only DisplayPort -> HDMI

or you might be able to go HDMI -> DisplayPort with an 'active' adapter. Not sure about that though. I just know a normal HDMI to DP cable/passive adapter definitely won't work.

>unironically owning a console

I hope it belongs to your wife's son.

Why would you possibly want to do that

God is teaching you that consoles are for retards

More like the gods are teaching him that HDMI is vastly more popular and therefore monitors should have HDMI on.

VGA was and still is popular, but that doesn't mean an obsolete technology should be prolonged. DP succeeds HDMI.

Ignoring that, who in their right mind would want to connect a console to a PC monitor? It wouldn't work well due to the lack of interpolation that a TV has.

I've tried to do something similar (my GPU only has HDMI and dvi output) but I think the source has to be from displayport due to the power requirements of the adapter.

>HDMI is obsolete
wew

you can buy a cable that has both a male displayport & hdmi connector

every prebuilt pc has vga+displayport nowadays
DVI/HDMI are dying

But why ? My VGA (monitor)to HDMI (GPU) works flawlessly.

bceause that adapter pictures ias actually dp to hdmi
not hdmi to dp

yes there's a difference

>DP succeeds HDMI
HDMI is literally better.
Displayport + audio/data

Displayport has audio too, dipshit, don't know about data
HDMI is proprietary and supports shit resolution/refresh rate

In what way is VGA superior to DVI, let's say DVI-I?

HDMI generation for generation supports exactly the same resolution and refresh rates.

1.4 hdmi support 4k at 30fps, DP can do more

HDMI 2.0 supports 4k @ 60hz.

HDMI 2.0 = DP 1.4, nigger.

HDMI is soon going to support 4K @ 120

turn off hdcp... i know playstation 4 has the option in settings somewhere...

Can we all agree that HDMI is the worst connector and standard ever?

seriously, fuck HDMI.
>connector is large enough to still be considered large, yet small enough, to be a flimsy pain in the ass
>if you think you'll get a usefull picture when connecting your PC to your TV via HDMI, think again
>DRM bullshit
>Every godamn laptop has that shitty port, yet I never have encountered a monitor or projector that wants it as input

K Y S
Y
S

I can agree with you about the DRM bullshit, but the problem you mention with TV's, monitors and projectors are entirely reliant on those devices being developed by competent engineers catering to your needs, not the standard itself.

i've had the same adapter and I had to rewire additional 5v from usb to it, because console hdmi port was giving it only 2,6V for some reason

When I connected it to my gpu, it was getting 5,2 and worked correctly

try hdmi to dvi cables or adapters, they work in both directions

This user is right. You need an active adapter. Otherwise it won't work. Ofc the active adapter is more expensive. Thanks to Apple faggots who came up with DP idea.

your pic related is for dp out to hdmi out, not hte other way around. thats a different adapter

PS4s are good Netflix boxes, and you can also play some ps exclusive games.

But that's bullshit. Stop spreading misinformation based on your hunches.
DP to HDMI works (sound+image)
HDMI to DP works (same)
You can encounter problems with adapters.
I have two different adapters both HDMI to DP, one is just like OP's.
And here the catch :
-the long one refuses to work on anything but Windows (Debian gives no signal)
-the short one works on both platforms.
morale of the story get a new adapter.

forgot pic

btw I bought both $3 each iirc

Because HDCP.

If the link isn't HDCP protected then it will work, but the PS4 will use HDCP so a cheap little converter cable/box won't do shit.

I really don't miss analog component connectors.

>if you think you'll get a usefull picture when connecting your PC to your TV via HDMI, think again
This depends on the TV, really. A decent one should have a PC setting that will unfuck itself.