Why don't you see these any more?

Why don't you see these any more?

Smartphones killed it

What do you mean?

Because a phablet does the same shit and more.

What is samsung lagaxy nope series

This thread is now a NOTE SIX HYPE THREAD

>included urethral sounding rod

I fucking hate the idea of seeing someone use one of those

>I fucking hate the idea of seeing someone use one of those
Why? Works extremely well for drawing on the go. No longer need to take pencils and pads with you, and you have an infinitely larger virtual drawing space.
Pic Related.

PDAs died before anyone even thought of something like phablets. Mostly replaced by early android smartphones.
This is 18+ site so kindly get the fuck out kid.

PDAs and Blackberries were still holding on until Phablets thoroughly killed them. Smart phones were just the first step.

do you even know what a PDA is?

It looks fucking stupid and your drawing is shit

Of course I do, kiddo. I also know that when smart phone started becoming popular they started trying to put phone features into them to make them compete.

Unlike you, I am old enough to remember this shit and didn't just read about it on wikipedia.

>looks stupid
Too bad you don't have an option, ugly.

>defending firez's shitty art
Get out losers.

I dont see your shitty art

>Why don't you see horse drawn carriages anymore?!?

That's because I don't draw like a fucking retard on a fucking phone. Get out losers.

What kind of autist would own a PDA AND a fucking calligraphy pen?

So if I post a coin from the early 1900s along with a time stamp you would believe that I am over 100 years old?

he seems to have gotten out of that 100 year stagnation he's had since the beginning. Eyes still weird af like always though how hasn't that improved
Also they were arguing it looking stupid you dumb shit
>pst ur wrk

No we already know you are autistic, no need to prove it with some old coin you retarded trip

What looks weird about it? Looks fucking amazing in the current world of tumblrshit artists.

>old enough
>tripcint
l y l

>children that were only 9 years old when the first iPhone came out are now old enough to post on Sup Forums

>underage tripfriend mad because he got told
Epic. By the way I'm not this guy but I was into pda too, even frequented online forums for this shit. Had palms, windows phone, everything really. That was back when smartphones didn't exist yet, once smartphones started getting popular pda went extinct pretty much.
Long story short you smell of underage, get out.

Outside of the inevitable irrelevent old people whining ITT you can still see them at Walmart being used as emergency backup checkout lines when they are swamped. Made the mistake of going on a day too close to the Superbowl and they whipped them out due to every single lane being clogged. They were some sort of palm IIIs.

The iPhone and iPad killed real technology
>PDAs
>netbooks
>UMPCs

Because Android.

you can seriously do that level of sketching on a ~5.5" tablet?

>Looks fucking amazing in the current world of tumblrshit artists.
You'd typically compare with a reference when drawing something like what he posted, not a weaker artist. The eye he drew is very off

Yes, you can even do it on an iPhone with enough use of zooming.

Palm masterrace

What does tumblrshit even?

Yes, I see it too but you really have to nitpicking at it. His main problem is that all his drawings are too fucking boring.
You can have the best anatomy and best use of rendering, but a boring picture puts all of it to waste.

Pic related

I see them everytime and I sometimes use them for work.

Face it. PDAs was, and always is, a niche thing

normally they're just used to coordinate the front end, ie cashier breaks, lunches, which cashier is on what register and for how long.
we've also got MC40s now, which are used in place of the telxons most times

Fucking courier companies are starting to switch to Android based garbage. They make you sign your name with those shitty rubber tipped styluses, resistive is bad enough.

Is it fun though? No

I have a Palm TX, I was too young and poor so I only had trial versions of games.

Space Trader was fantastic

My cousin had some HP windows pda, it was way ahead of its time. But the crashes

All of these are fucking SHIT

>modern smarthphones are an evolution of that
>literally a small underpowered laptop
>an even smaller micro piece of shit laptop

WOW REAL TECHNOLOGY

You're a terrible person

smartphones are just better PDAs i dont see the difference

>>literally a small underpowered laptop
Literally fine if that's all you need, portability is now a con?
>>an even smaller micro piece of shit laptop
Literally fine if that's all you need, portability is now a con?

>projecting this hard

I had a cheapie pda when I was around 8 years old, finally died on me in high school.

It was good for calendar things and note taking.

Note: I'm only 19

Also, these are still used regularly in industry, most of the staff on the factory I work in still have pda's or handheld Windows ce pocket computers

You know what, can someone recommend me a cheap basic pda? Just a non backlit screen with the ability to take notes?
Bonus points for e ink screens. I've just realized how useful a new one would be for my job, as we can't have camera phones in the building

That is an underrated device. Android is overcomplicated shit. There's no reason drawing text should need a 1 GHz CPU, a GPU, and 1gig of RAM.