Slowpoke here

Slowpoke here.
Do you think Microsoft will eventually give up about smart phones? It's like they are not even trying anymore. MS was all about software not hardware and here we are windows phones with lack of apps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ44vz5MJ4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Apple stocks dead
>Windows phone dead
>Intel mobile chips dead
Good to see tech bubble is finally poping

>Intel mobile chips dead
wot?

They will probably shift to the paradigm of "carry a mobile device in your pocket and turn it into office-work-capable desktop by plugging a monitor and a keyboard"

Windows 10 for mobiles made the concept viable

Then they will focus extensively on shilling it into becoming a widespread thing to do.

I can already see it becoming a standard in some businesses.

It will be quite attractive to employers as well.
>bust your ass 8 hours a day in an office cubicle (or the certified freshâ„¢ meme of open office space)
>take back the machine you've worked on home in your pocket
>bust your ass a little bit longer at home to score bonus good goy points because you already got the tools to do it.

You mean laptops (:

Not really, phones or tablets.

Intel no longer makin phone chips

I don't think so. Today's phones or tablets already capable of doing such things but when it's about work people prefer to use a computer or a laptop. With my phone or tablet i would only send/reply a email other than i would browse some couple of websites to waste time while going to work or home.

Asus had this nifty phone/tablet hybrid a few years ago. The device itself was a standard 5 inch Android flagship phone, but it could be docked inside a 10 inch tablet 'shell'; you're still using the phone's processor/applications/storage, but now with a bigger screen and a second battery.

Make the tablet bigger, add a keyboard cover like the Surface Pros, and you're golden.

>Today's phones or tablets already capable of doing such things but when it's about work people prefer to use a computer or a laptop.
I'm talking about something like in vid related youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ44vz5MJ4s

The obvious drawbacks currently are the usage of ARM chips in mobile devices and lack of (windows) desktop software compiled for ARM architecture.

But mobile x86 chips do exist. So it's entirely viable to do what I just described

Oh continuum that also reminded me something else. Cortana continumm, nice apps but the problem is they are not ready for global use. I mean they mostly make them for U.S. for other countries you have to wait for years.

I want that but with Magic Leap instead of plugging into a screen.

Then it's just the keyboard.

No, Nutella has said repeatedly that MS's focus will be mobile devices and integrating them with PCs. He wants to build a "universal platform", which is half the reason MS is aggressively pushing Windows 10. His thinking is that more Win10 PCs and notebooks will equal more Windows Phone users.

The question is, given the high probability of failure 10 years down the road, will Nutella admit defeat and shift MS's direction, or will his pride cause irreparable damage?

>Nutella
Are you trying to say Nokia

I think user means Satya Nadella, the Microsoft CEO.

That, or we can expect Windows 10 in cocoa spread soon.

satya nutella, the new PooInLoo of Microsoft Corporation

>Do you think Microsoft will eventually give up about smart phones?
they kind of already did, on their last conference whenever they talked about mobile they mentioned iOS, Android and the Surface, windows mobile was mentioned 0 times on stage.

A MS "insider" says they have plans to release a new smartphone with the anniversary update of the OSs but i doubt that'll happen

Arm or stuff like atom?

Actually this reminds me of those sony laptops that were tiny for some reason

the surface is actually a really nice piece of kit

windows mobiles are horrible though.

Shame intel killed off their mobile chips but it was only ever a meme to begin with, at least it gave us some very efficient chips though so it wasnt all bad.

Will be interesting to see 10-7nm cpu's and gpus

who wants windows problems in their pockets?

I actually saw someone with a Windows phone yesterday. First time I have seen one in real life no joke.

I've only met one person who owned one and that was about 5 or 6 years ago.

He was a greasy dude I knew in College who was convinced that Microsoft was going to take over the phone market