How can I make this say "oy vey shut it down" instead?

How can I make this say "oy vey shut it down" instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

sevenforums.com/tutorials/126758-shutting-down-text-message-change.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kpatch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

resource hacker

at least that worked for me when I used WinXP

>How can I customize proprietary software to my liking

You can't, faggot

>I don't know how so it's impossible.
Very nice logic you got there, uncultured negroid.

well, how do you do it in GAHNOO + LOONIX then?

install gentoo

Please take your old memes and go.

but why?

GNU/Linux never needs to shutdown or reboot

Because autism

Then how is it done mr wizard?

post uptime, now

resource hacker
Also you can modify the language file and install it as a custom one

literally 2 seconds in google.
sevenforums.com/tutorials/126758-shutting-down-text-message-change.html

OYY VEYYY

tell us your secret user

photoshop

Do what? It doesn't have that screen dipshit

Oh boy, I've got my brothers laptop here for cleanup so I'm going to have some fun with this.

Going back as far as windows 95 we've changed these screens. It's never that hard.

>propietary software is an evil prison

nice try richard

Is there a character limit? I want to put in the marine pasta.

there isnt, but it doesnt wrap, so its gonna just be one long line of memetext

>"oy vey shut it down
Someone try it on an up to date windows 7 installation, I don't want to bork someone else's system by testing the waters.

>using proprietary shitware from Adobe instead of GIMP

Run Windows on a VM.

Ok, I await your results.

I already did it It's not a shop

You have to take ownership of the wininit file first, or it won't work. You also have to run mcbuilder.exe afterwards to regenerate the mui cache

kek

go away POL

>POL

Today I shut down my linux machine, therefore you're wrong

Funny you would post this, the same thing crossed my mind when I shut down my pc 3 hours ago.

>needs

$ uptime
19:08:51 up 38 days, 7:16, 6 users, load average: 0.29, 0.30, 0.31

Last reboot on this laptop was a security update for the kernel

>be a faggot

Well, it needs to reboot if you change kernels, right?

no

Well, you can kexec, but that's effectively a reboot userspace-wise.

>resource hacker
so you have to use 3rd party software, which is probably in violation of your license, to modify something as simple as that... wow you microshits are cucked pretty hard

as opposed to linux, requiring 3rd party software to even boot a GUI or use the hardware in your computer

You mean CPU microcode or something?

Because the GNU/Linux installation where I'm typing this is 100% free.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kpatch

>100% free.
>third-party software

not mutually exclusive.

A tiny, tiny part of what you're using and seeing is "Linux", the first-party component

the rest is a clusterfuck of third-party packages, DE, bits of driver and kernel written by and supported by hundreds of different groups & projects

almost nothing in linux is first-party. you're just using "free software" from third parties to make your OS something other than a terminal without hardware support

inb4 IT'S GAHNOO

>Since April 2015, there is ongoing work on porting kpatch to the common live patching core provided by the Linux kernel mainline.
Very interesting, thanks. Hopefully it'll get merged soon.

My apologies, I somehow misread your earlier post.

Above it was stated that using Resource Hacker to modify Windows likely violated the license. Whereas the third-party software needed to form a complete Linux distro is not only not in violation of any license, but furthermore does not even go against the broad principles of Linux provided all of that third-party software is free software.

I don't disagree with this, just the overt idea that operating a PC running Linux "doesn't require" third-party software where operating one running Windows does.

Putting aside the license issue, I think you are much more likely to use third-party software on a NIX OS than Windows, by its very design -- windows is monolithic as shit. Most of the core drivers, environment, and single-task programs/libs are written and maintained by the same company as the kernel and OS. (Not saying this is a necessarily good thing either). Even the built-in internet browser, firewall, antivirus, etc, which are objectively shit, are still first-party components.

Editing kernel files probably does break some ToS, but Microsoft has a very lenient stance on both modification and outright piracy, unless you're trying to sell the result.