>2000
>not owning a Compaq Presario home desktop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aR1L-ApJMKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only $1500! (not adj. for inflation!)

>Not owning a mac masterrace
Poorfag

I had that. Windows NT was great but after installing redhat I never looked back.

hell yeah! windows 98 jungle theme bitches!

JUNGLE THEME

That was newer than Compaq. But if you had an Apple laptop you were fucking baller. Plus ThinkPad were the master race. Remember the slide out keyboard. Shit got you diamonds just opening it up.

>2003
>not upgrading to an HP Pavilion with a bunch of useless properitary media drives you'll never fucking use

lol oh shit never thought id see that again

Ahahaha

those chenbro cases are still the shit.

also that was before alienware was bought by dell and were still doing custom pcs on their own

does it come with Turbo Mode?

if not, NO DEAL

I have one of those cases, but it's a chieftec. bought it in 2003, and it's still pretty good.

This was my first one. :)

you can still buy them, check the server cases side of computer cases on newegg

Sorry, I built my own PC. Sorry you kids were too young to do that back then and had to deal with shitty prebuilts.

oh shit nigga my parents bought that for me on christmas 1995. still remember loading up AOL and playing SimCity2000

never thought i'd see it again

That was my first computer

But I do
>thinking you'll ever need more than 1.2 ghz
>256 mb of creamy memory
>40 GBs what am I nasa

>not having Sup Forums-tier dad to assemble your pc from his spare parts and teach you abiut tech
i blame him for my obsession with hoarding old tech

I've still got this 'un.

GBs what am I nasa
first pc in 99
486dx i am dying
shit everything
16MB ram
first hdd: 400mb

Had one bitches!

>2000s era whiteboxes
I've never seen one worth a shit. Ever.

does anyone remember a pc in like 2000-2004 marketed for teenagers with groovy colors and i think a custom os or at least theme

CompactFlash was used in a lot of shit since it was basically an IDE pinout at its core.
SD Cards did well too.
Sony Memory sticks were really only used by sony so if you bought an HP you probably didn't use it.
SmartMedia was a failed attempt against CompactFlash by Toshiba.

The floppy drive was used well into the middle of the decade.

Being able to read a DVD/CD and copy it was very useful.

The mic and headphone outputs were useful as was the USB.

As non-aesthetic as most of the front of that was, a lot of people probably used a good chunk of the ports at one time or another.

>CF in your PDA
>MS and SD in your camera

This is one of the scariest damn threads I have ever seen

>Sup Forums could have existed in 2000 and you are still F5ing "not owning x" sixteen years later

JUST

FUCKING

KILL

ME

I still have one of these in the attic; Pentium 4, 512MB RAM, on-board Nvidia graphics and a whopping 32GB HDD. Oh how times have changed...

>2003
>using intel

it's like you want to waste money for shit products

my school had these when they first came out, they we're slow as shit

>newer
>came out in 1998

OMG I HAD THAT ONE

I use an IBM 2170 case in my sleeper build / HTPC

granted it's late 90s but looks awsome

IBM design in the '90s wasn't half bad at all.

Kind of gives me autism to see people nuking old gear but it's not like you're one of those hipsters killing high-end G5s for shitty i3 builds.

I think those later ones are standard mATX, aren't they? Except with fucked up power/led headers you need to split.

I had that. it had windows ME on it. it actually was a pretty good pc. I put a gforce4 ti in it and some ram and it played MDK2 and CS and quake 3 pretty well.

Can anyone translate?

Also: late 80s Tandy 1000 bro checking in

Packard Bell bitches.

>used a shitty 486 with win95 until 2002
>used a shitty duron with XP until 2005
>used a shitty pentium 4 celeron until ~2009

>duron
I forgot all about those until now, they were ok for the money back in the day but haven't stood the test of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=aR1L-ApJMKw

went with Acer Aspire

sounds like a mac

Shit man, I was just refurbishing this same machine last weekend. Unfortunately you can't fit a normal psu in it without taking out the disc drive. I also had to cut out new holes for the power cables.

Solid little case nonetheless.

I got that in 2006

I'm going to show how old and niggery i am but I was a production assistant on the show Roswell and I stole an alien ware desktop that was apart of the set of the school's library.

that's the coolest thing I've ever read on Sup Forums

I love you no homo

Where's the orb drive, zip drive, jazz drive and the super ls-120 drive that also reads floppy disks but 8x faster?

By the time you finish loading battlefield 1942 on 256mb RAM the match is almost over at the LAN party when everyone else has 512mb+

no joke my dad's office still has a good chunk of people's medical records on zip drives...

I still have this monitor

the 2nd computer i ever used.

In 2000 I had a Sun Ultra 5 in my apartment while attending Purdue; complete with a DSL line to the campus network.

>tfw it never got me laid.

are you me?

Nice inspiron, I still use my 15 year old one.
Don't forget a bunch of useless capacitors that blow after a few years.