Guys this really pisses me off

Guys this really pisses me off.

How can a craft like this have functioning rotor-blades when the wings literally split at the axle where the blades are attached to? How can you splitting wings and still have a functioning jet-engine? I fucking hate it when films push too fucking hard for the coolness effect to the point that even an idiot could tell something is unrealistic.

>gaymin

get out to

/LGBT

>complaining about engineering of a craft
>it's from Star Wars

How about you tell me why all the laser guns are WW2 weapons with extra gubbins glued on? How does that make sense? Tit.

Because those roter blades are just guards for the engine, they dont need to spin.

The rotors won't do anything in space anyway

I see now that they're are merely for aesthetic purposes like anything on there. But why literally copy jet-blades, fuck.

A more interesting question would be: how does the ball droid work?

>I know it's a work of Fiction
>But I am going to pretend someone called it a fact anyway
Inane. Come on, you can't seriously be that fucking dumb that you have to point out inaccuracies in fiction to make yourself feel smart?

magnets

Maybe they're some sort of heatsink?

it's an actual working thing that's explained on the internet, tyson

It's not real OP take it easy. As an engineer though, if I had space-magic I'd use portals or something to split a jet engine in half and still have it work.

Or how ships have "wings" that look semi realistic to "land". Or how ships can't fire in any direction, and how they aren't designed as spheres.

I'm not a designer but I'm inclined to think realistic space shuttles would be spherical, with several arms across the body for weapons/thrusters. There is no up or down in space.

Or how melee weapons are still relavent. They only are because teh force!!!1!

Look up the toy. Brands is like Sphero or something. And the head is just magnetic.

But how do they work?!

Tyson? What?

Why don't they use nuclear weapons?

Idk ask God how magnets work holy shit

>how does the ball droid work?
It's basically a Segway inside a ball
with a magnet on top, that holds the head

Ingenious design, that actually works in real life.

They fight in atmospheres and space silly

Ay arright nigga lemme just ring him up

Yo God how deez magnets work and shit?

"Fucking miracles user!"

It was a joke about the how tyson the scientist was ranting about how it would never work in the desert because it would be too slippery, when it was an actual working they filmed with and people made tyson look like an asshole

>Posts an infographic that literally includes information that makes his bitching about a work of fiction irrelevant
Your and idiot kill you'reself

Welcome to Sup Forums, mr Tyson.

The wings would not provide enough, or in some cases any, lift. It is science fiction of course, but it isn't realistic to have ships designed for every atmosphere, gravity, and pressure of different planets and moons.

What I'm saying is, you wouldn't fly an airplane in space, because the wings wouldn't help. Other than to get things farther away from the hull.

>guns mounted on the wingtips instead of the fuselage
fucking retarded

If you look closely, those aren't turbines, they're the cut-away of a semi-circular thing. Maybe a heatsink? Either way, no moving parts.

It says in the image that it's to maximize field of fire

plebs ITT will never know the joy of flying a TIE-Defender

-baka- @ you rebel scum

>lemme just land this thing
*crunch screeeee crumple*

Perhaps they are not rotors. You see them as rotors and expect them to be moving but the are not listed as rotors nor are they likely to BE rotors as the part it is in is labelled a "retro thruster." Perhaps they are angled deflectors for vectoring thrust.

They aren't jet engines, they're "fusial ion engines"

>yo god how do magnets work and shit
I dunno

seriously, how the fuck are you supposed to land that thing

facing straight up? straight down?

the blades are used to propel compressed air into space so that people can hear the sound of the ship flying by which makes it wicked cool dude

finned heatsinks

Proton torpedoes are speculated to be special low-yield pure fusion weapons. Concussion missiles may be nuclear as well.

probably an explosive disk generator hooked to a z pinch mechanism