This changes everything. Again

This changes everything. Again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0LQ8T-dJJuI
youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How?
>1000 random keyboards have one of Steve Jobs' pubes partially stuck under a key, buy yours now and you might get lucky, you faggot!

>Integrated LiPoly battery with slim profile and 30 day battery life
>Thinnest desktop keyboard ever created
>Proprietary butterfly switches designed by Apple engineers
>Keys have greater surface area

I think you misunderstood
I was asking how it changes everything
It looks like a keyboard with zero travel that lasts just long enough that you forget where the charger went

The integrated lightning connection means you can use the same cord for your iPad, iPod, iPhone, Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard. Never be without a charger again!

It looks the same as the old one tho

Fair enough about the cable, for those already in the ecosystem it's a good wireless keyboard
But why use it over another keyboard? Why should someone go out and buy it from their local Apple store, right this very second?

if you have to ask, it's not for you
that's how most apple products work

Why do dumb asses think less keyboard travel is good. Fuck this piece of shit. Also who owns a apply desktop they are a generation behind in hardware for twice the price at the best of times.

And its not good times for the apple desktop that trashcan is a piece of shit.

>if you arent willing to spend the money before you figure out its a worthless piece of shit its not for you

Well at least apple shills are honest about how this works.

youtube.com/watch?v=0LQ8T-dJJuI

>>Thinnest desktop keyboard ever created
how is that a good thing?
this isn't a laptop where it not being fuck hueg is important.
also the keys feel like shit, and that's mostly whats important with keyboards (besides it working)

>Finally rechargeable
Caught up to 2005 innovation. Remarkable

>ITS THIN
I reckon it'll bend in half from finger pressure

For a company worth billions you'd think they'd come up with new ideas every once in a while.

The Macbook Pro had the best chiclet keyboard I ever used in my life so this might not be so bad.

the macbook pro keyboard is worlds different from the macbook/magic keyboard2

is it backlit? if not, no buy.

Is it true they fucked up the switches with this keyboard?

My HP laptop(pic related) has the best keyboard I've ever used. The Apple keyboards don't even compare IMO.

I'm no fan of apple but I really like their newer trackpads and keyboards.

pure fucking gold

>30 day battery life
>impressive
My old wireless logitech ran on two AA batteries and I haven't ever had to change the batteries in the years I've had it except to prevent acid burn.

>using that hideous piece of shit
>not using a beautiful, sexually attractive MAGIC keyboard

what made that keyboard so good -- serious question

So...how do you right click? do you have to do that stupid shit like with macbooks where you tap the very bottom corner and HOPE it "knows what you want"

Piece of fucking shit.

>butterfly switches
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Press down with two fingers.

>do you have to do that stupid shit like with macbooks where you tap the very bottom corner and HOPE it "knows what you want"
Macbooks don't do that stop lying.

Is the charging port perpendicular to the bottom of the keyboard? kek

Yes, they do. My friend owns one. If you press on the touchpad in the bottom right corner it will (usually) rightclick.

If it does that's because he's configured it to do so, that's not a stock thing.

That's not how Apple trackpads have worked since around 2008 to 2009. Your friend is using an ancient computer.

I cannot believe pressing with two fingers is how macbook pros actually right click by default in currentyear.

It's how most trackpads right click in the year 2016.

Anything that isn't a mechanical keyboard for a desktop goes in the trashcan.

Anything that isn't the keyboard on the ThinkPad T4xx for laptops goes in the trashcan.

I work retail and this is false.

Well said

same keyboard's on the X series, friend.

I cannot believe you have an issue with this

>So...how do you right click
No clue! Apple in their entire history of being a company has never shipped a single mouse than more with ONE button

T4xx keyboards are fucking terrible.
The plastic they use is cheap, so the spacebar WILL wear visibly, the keyboard flexes which hurts accuracy and the membranes they used are shit.
The classic ThinkPad keyboards were very good, except they decided it was a genius idea to throw Esc above F1. What the fuck where they thinking?

>if you have to ask, it's not for you
>that's how most apple products work

Amazing to me that this is your answer, and something you believe is acceptable by rational thinking people

Why the fuck does right clicking have to be relegated to a gesture? It's ridiculous.

Wrong.

Why the fuck shouldn't it be? That way you can right click anywhere on the trackpad. If this upsets you I can only imagine how you feel about three fingers to middle click.

Because people would rather have a large trackpad that is an entire button. Why do you think trackpads with the buttons at the bottom are going away?

because scrubs don't right click

this, can anyone explain why this is important in a DESKTOP application? why even mention something like that?

it's not like you're going to be carrying this keyboard with you often because it belongs on your desk.

He's right though. Products like an Apple keyboard are aimed exclusively towards Apple users. It's not aimed towards people who aren't using OSX on the desktop. They know that if you're an Apple user using OSX on the desktop, you'll probably want to but am Apple keyboard. If you aren't, then they don't care one way or another if you buy it. Stop acting butthurt that Apple markets Apple-brand peripherals to Apple users, it's just dumb.

I just feel like the reason it's even called a "right click" is because of the 2-button format of mice and other input devices. What do macfags call it now?
Power Presses?
Super Clicks?
Dubs Cliks?

Left/Right clicks are pretty standard stuff, I don't see the point of messing with a system that clearly works.

Also I PC game and all games that use first person have some kind of binding to right clicking.

>three fingers to middle click.

What the fuck? Who designed this bullshit? What kind of fucking manlets use this bullshit hardware? I now have to somehow fit 3 fucking fingers on a tiny ass mouse to open a link in a new tab? FUCK YOU APPLE, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

That one's my own configuration, I just figured you'd rage over it. Glad to see it worked.

Just letting you know, I'm isn't me

Used mine for 4 years, before handing it over to someone in family. I can relate to the goodness of the keyboard. I could type on it for hours. Never felt the need of a separate Keyboard.

I don't understand why companies throw away good design decisions over looks.

That's nice

in post user thinks he upset me, when someone else voiced their rage over middle click.

Honestly middle click is sort of useless, never used it.

>Proprietary butterfly switches designed by Apple engineers

Introducing the new Apple keyboard, now with the key travel of our overpriced netbook.

Why are you getting upset?

Hey dipshit, I get it. I'm just saying I don't care.

Because having shit key travel is not a feature. Not on "muh thin" laptops and definitely not on separate keyboards.

This is objectively stupid. Who the fuck looks for portability in a desktop keyboard?

Bought the pavilion after having a mbp mid 2012 and I actually like it better. It's a fantastic laptop for the price. They skimped on graphics and she'll, but the actual important stuff is flawless.

>I don't use it, so it's useless
Maybe you should start using middle click.

>Glad to see it worked.
>I'm just saying I don't care.

Pick one.

Glad to see it pissed somebody off, I just don't care that it wasn't you.

I love that Sup Forums will jerk off about how one of the benefits of a mechanical keyboard is that you don't need to fully press down to actuate the key switch, but the moment Applel sells a keyboard and advertises just that, they think it's the worst feature a keyboard could have. Honestly, apple haters are just as dumb as the fan boys.

"3D click"

open links in new tabs
close tabs
I use non-stop. My laptop has hardware left/right clicks so I bound two-finger tap to middle click. Makes sense in my brain, two-fingers to scroll, two finger tap to click the "wheel"

>I just feel like the reason it's even called a "right click" is because of the 2-button format of mice and other input devices
It is.
>What do macfags call it now?
"Right click." "Secondary click" is also acceptable

looks will sell them more laptops in the short term

but does it come in blue switches?

youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Goddammit apple

Why can't you just make something inovative for once. I have literally seen wheel designs in from the past 5 years more "innovative" than this crap.

If only Kubuntu worked well enough for me to switch to it.

Man, the shilling on this board has decreased in value lately.

>Sup Forums is one person

I like it but I already have my NT TKL topre meme

That's only true to an extent, with butterfly switch you don't need as much travel and get ergonomic/more speedy typing when you don't have to bottom out a giant gap.

this

If that's true then why would we buy topre keys where you have to press down fully.

Because unless you have literal left, middle, and right mouse buttons there's no better way to click than one, two, and three finger taps

Fuck clickpads

nice downgrade bro. mbp = goat

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Wow, it's almost like Sup Forums is comprised of many people with differing opinions ....

>30 day battery life
>THINNEST KEYBOARD EVER U GUISE
>PROPRIETARY KEYS? THE FUCK
why du they think people want this

yes, they legit do. Apple is so far up its own ass right now it can't even relate to other humans

OK LISTEN UP.

I'm qualified to speak on the quality of Apple keyboards, being an Apple user since the ][ days.

The beginning of the end was the iMac days, and the ultimate discontinuation of the Extended Keyboard II. After this happened Apple stopped making 'real' keyboards - the Powerbook G4 Titanium was the last 'good' Apple keyboard.

Now the keyboards are glued together plates of plastic and aluminum, with NO long-term durability. I will not be risking what, probably at least $100 on another fuckin' wireless Apple keyboard that will break on me.

Get on my level, you can't even buy a laptop with a real keyboard any more.

ok

>They know that if you're an Apple user using OSX on the desktop, you'll probably want to but am Apple keyboard.

Almost every computer user I know has bought a nice mechanical keyboard eventually, this includes the many Apple users I know. Of course your average grandma probably buys whatever the Apple people sell her.

Remember anons, there was a time when Apple made some of the best keyboards on the market.

100 bucks says the charge port is underneath the keyboard.

Overpriced as shit

Not fully-featured, no numpad

White, which makes it prone to showing all dirt and collected fluff and hair

Doesn't have a backspace key, only delete

No End and Home buttons

No Page Up and Down buttons

Weird cramped arrows position

Battery life is short for such a low power device

It has no backlighting

Sucks for gaming, latency is too big

is it mechanical?

if no
>dropped

this, the only magic thing about this is the undeserved profits that applel reaps from those with downsyndrome

remember gents, this is applel's target market

These butterfly switches fucking suck, feels like you are typing on touch screen. These are so fucking bad it's not even funny.

>Not fully-featured, no numpad
Hot opinions. You still have those keys on the keyboard.

>White, which makes it prone to showing all dirt and collected fluff and hair
Black keyboards don't make the dust bunnies go away. Clean people won't have this problem.

>Doesn't have a backspace key, only delete
The delete key works as the backspace key. Fn+Delete = 'traditional' delete. If you've never used this key on one of these keyboards even enough to know the delete key works as a backspace key, I question your judgement.

>No End and Home buttons
End: Fn+Right
Home: Fn+Left

>No Page Up and Down buttons
Fn+Up/Down

>Battery life is short for such a low power device
Ehh idk it's rechargeable and works while plugged in.

>Weird cramped arrows position
I guess this is a matter of preference.

>It has no backlighting
Again, a matter of preference.

>Sucks for gaming, latency is too big
I can't find official documentation on it but people are saying that it works as a wired keyboard as well. As in, you not only can charge they keyboard when it's plugged in, but you can also disable bluetooth.

They still sell the old full-size keyboards anyway.

topkek

>muh thin
>muh chiclet technology
>muh wireless
Into the fucking trash it goes

>A cursory inspection of the lock/home screen reveals that this Apple product has not changed much from generation to generation
That's like criticizing Windows Server for still basically looking like Windows 95.

> this changes everything
> except it doesn't
> nothing ever changes you sheep
> buy our phone

Apple is fucked at this point, jobs is what kept their slipping standards so high