Sandisk USB

>buy this
>runs hotter than expected but ok
>shits itself 2 minutes into copying, disconnects
>retry
>shits itself again, only gets recognized as an USB 2.0 drive

Fuck this, what are some good alternatives for around 25$?
Also general USB thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra-Low-Profile-Flash-SDCZ43-032G-G46/dp/B00LLER2CS/
m.easy2boot.com/make-an-easy2boot-usb-drive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy something more expwnsive, cheap = shit

That's a pity. Mine still trucks along just fine.

It's fast for the price but you should probably get a bigger/tougher drive.

>Not buying a Kingstone DTmicroDuo 3cC

Nigga you what

Just save it to the cloud, bro.

Get a 32gb shark for like $8
Or just use the cloud

My 16 gigabyte version works fine. I even installed Gentoo on it.
From what I can tell, the similar sized Samsung drive doesn't get "as hot" as that one. I have a 128 gigabyte version that I installed a Windows To Go workplace on.

Good goy

Just use the cloud.

Is this some kind of meme? Cloud storage is shit

i own dual usb+otg made by sandisk, everytime i unplugged it, it says need to fix by windows, or worse corrupted. I paid like $15 for it

peple only buy these haha to stick them up there ass haha like they are some secret cia man haha who do you think you are haha jack bowler haha mister special personelity sticking usb up ass haha I bet thats how it died haha you are a fag op haha

How I can I install gentoo from cloud?

I have the same drive as OP. It didn't fucking work in anything I plugged it into except a PC. Both my car stereos had a heart attack when faced with it.

Sandisk made a USB2.0 version of that drive that was 1000x more compatible. Get that.

If you actually *have* USB3.0 and a modern OS, that new one is good, but I agree it runs a tad hot.

have 16gb version it it works just fine, installed Windows few times with it, use it all the time, works with REALLY cheap chinese tablet I have just lying around.. defective unite most likely

You got lucky then, when I plugged mine in it literally destroyed the USB port. Completely unusable now.

I got one of those, never had a problem with it. Used it as a readyboost drive before I finally replaced my laptop's HDD with an SSD.

I have two 16gig Sandisk USB sticks (featured in your pic); they both work flawlessly.

Seems like the experiences with this drive vary from ruined usb ports to flawless performances. The fact that is even possible is enough for me to just get a refund and seek an alternative like suggested

I bought 3 of these cunts off ebay from 3 different sellers from 3 different states. All 3 were fakes and emitted the symptoms you describe.

Just do yourself a favor and go to a retailer worth a fuck

I bought one of these for 5 dollars on Black Friday two years ago. Still works fine.

It sounds like a lot of anons bought fakes. I bought mine from here and it was fine. amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra-Low-Profile-Flash-SDCZ43-032G-G46/dp/B00LLER2CS/

OP here, pretty certain mine isn't fake but really a design flaw.
The shop I bought it at has a very good reputation and I never had trouble with the items I bought from them before.

Using this for a grub loader in my server.
Is it really unreliable? I don't need it to be fast.

Anyone can recommend a miniature µSDUSB dongle which isn't a cheap piece of shit?

I have a 64gb version of this and it works great. I guess yours was defective.

> not buying the 128gb sandisk ultra for $30 on amadongz

I don't have a credit card

kek

use debit?

Are you retarded or something?

Does that even work in NL?

I think he is implying he is 12 years old and doesn't have any kind of card.

you must be retarded
I've had that exact drive for 2-3 years now, written hundreds of files to it, formatted it and written isos to it more times than I can count, and it still runs perfectly fine. Not very fast, but still fine.

64gb shark + usb3.0 adapter

Samsung 32gb usb 3.0 and micro usb for 13 dollars

I also have a Sandisk USB that gives me headaches. maybe the brand is not trustworthy

I have exactly the same one. True, it does get quite hot, but not once did I have any issues with it

Setup fuckin usb 3.0 drivers on your motherboard. Sandy bridge doesn't have integrated controller.

>It works for me so you're a retard
get out

I have a 128gb version OP's pic. It pretty novel to have 128gb in a device that fucking tiny. But the reason I got it is because I wanted a high-capacity USB stick, and that one was the exact same price as the Sandisk Ultra, which was rated for the same performance but was much bigger. It only cost me £23.

But yeah it does run hot as fuck. Only a issue when taking it out though. Also on my shitty Laptop it usually did not detect it in the USB 3.0 slot, though on my other device it detected it every time. It depends on the slot/device. It doesn't matter though because the speed of the memory itself is too slow to take advantage of USB 3.0 anyway, and USB 2.0 will work on even the shittest devices.

>buying small usb drives
you deserve everything you got for financially supporting this terrible practice by manufacturers.

they have lower sequencial speeds, lower random speeds, less durability and other problem simply due to lack of NAND.

>I want it smaller
>I want it faster

Guess where all the heat gets trapped?

>lack of NAND
Then why does my 128GB stick have 128GB? Checkmate.

I have one of these and it works great, but holy fuck does it get hot. I think there's reason why they don't normally make flash drives this small. It can't dissipate heat as well as something with more surface area.

because they can cram more cells into one IC, but in the process must give up spare cells that are used when used ones die.
it's a genious move because it's cheaper to manufacture (literally reused garbage SSD NAND that didn't make the cut), and you dumbasses will buy it because it's in a smaller package.

I think there's the fact to consider that when you touch one of these things, you're touching the metal USB head, and not the plastic on a normal thumb drive.

Those work fine OP, I have one in my car stereo and one in my Wii.

Maybe you shouldn't be using a flash drive as an SSD.

>give up spare cells that are used when used ones die
>this slows down the speed
ok

why tho

because it isn't your storage

Why are you storing things in someone else house when they might move away without telling you? They even have a sign on their door that says "niggers welcome" by the way of incompetence in how often cloud storage gets leaked.

ever heard of Owncloud you retard? having something in "the cloud" doesn't mean it can't be yours.

I have my own Owncloud installation at a local webhoster, it's 100% mine.

This is becoming a pattern. I had a WiFi dongle that did the same thing. I didn't figure it out until I ripped it out in frustration and burned my hand.

After I smashed it on the ground to remove the plastic casing, it got enough air to function properly most times.

COOL LOL FAGGOT

I'VE HAD A FILE SERVER IN MY CLOSET SINCE I'VE WAS 13 WHERE I'VE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS MY SHIT FROM ANYWHERE. I'M LIKE 30 YEARS OLD AND HAVE WIZARD POWERS BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING

IT WASN'T CALLED "CLOUD" IT WAS CALLED A SERVER.

RUNNING YOUR OWN SERVER FOR YOUR OWN USE ISN'T RUNNING A "CLOUD" FAGGOT.

OP's USB port might be damaged.

I have pic related and it's fast. Sustained 150MB/s transfer. Only problem is it cannot be used to boot an OS of any kind. The drive is a "true" USB 3 Stick. Not USB 2 rebranded. Windows gives a "failed to create system partition" error when trying to install from it, even when plugged into USB 2 port. Even Linux fails to boot from it as a live USB. Hangs at grub screen. If I manually create the partition and force the install, all hell breaks loose. Constant BSODs etc.

Great drive, but it is only good for transferring files. All the above problems disappeared when I used a generic Microcenter flash drive.

Ruled that out, same symptoms on 3 different computers

Kingston makes nice USBs

You should try out E2B, is what I use for my 64GB one.

i just use one of these, that way i can put the card in my phone if i need to

What's E2B? What does it do?

>shits itself after 2 years of use
>tfw lifetime warranty
>send it to Taiwan
>get a new one in the mail after two weeks

feels good

Well, someone's mad.

Works on my machine™

>send it to Taiwan

Already sounds like more trouble than it's worth

>it doesn't work for me so you're a retard
get out

but it's misty from all your tears, can't mist be considered a tad cloudy?

That's not what I said though, user

I use this one

You're retarded.
The most idiotic and retarded is the part about recycling SSD drives. You have no idea what you're talking about you little cum stain.
KYS

Whats the best way to password protect the entire drive? I don't need to have any heavy duty encryption but I back up financial information. Nothing crucial, just statements and projections and would like to not worry about someone finding the drive and reading it.

BitLocker.
VeraCrypt if you dualboot linoox and windows

Always Buy ADATA when it comes to flash storage. Trust me, insider source.

I got this and it's great, Great speeds and it was like £20.

that's pretty expensive for 32 gb

Yeah but it reads at 400mb and writes around 300mb.

No dicking around with it.

I'd be pretty pissed if my drive could only do 400 millibits.

stick with usb 2.0
sure it will be slow as shit but at least
it cant reach max temp becuase said slow speeds.

No. It's faster, they use the same technology of micro SDs

i have the usb3 64gb one AND the older model 32gb version

both run hot but work perfectly. the 32gb eventually fell apart but still fucking works

>they use the same technology of micro SDs
afaik they ARE microsds, simply in a different chassis

I spend 4€ and 5 minutes on my way to the work.

Yes, same technology

How did you escape the autist's asylum?

Not that user but Googling E2B USB reveals
m.easy2boot.com/make-an-easy2boot-usb-drive/
Mentions your flashdrive and a newer revision that brings back the functionality without any hacky bits.

i have an ultrafit and it works fine. ran my OS off it for 6 months (faster than eMMC)

on the other hand, i had a similar integral USB drive that ran like utter shit, worked slower than a USB2.0 drive and within 1 minute of use, it got so hot that you couldn't touch it. fuck integral.

There was nothing fedora about that joke. If you thought it was a bad joke, you should have said "That was a bad joke" rather than posting an inappropriate meme image.

not the guy you were talking to (who didn't say anything about recycling SSDs?) but in my own personal experience the smaller drives do get extremely hot and and aren't very performant

>giving money to jews
>being part of the botnet

Not this guy, but what's even the difference at this point? Is "cloud" a meme name for server?

no cloud is really a name for using a third party, privacy invading server

it's not the cloud when you own the server

i have that make and its still good after 4 years