ITT Things That Piss You Off About Your OS That You're Too Stupid To Fix

Your distro is amazing except for the fucking _________. What is it and what would you do about it, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

loper-os.org/?p=284
manjaro.github.io/SSL-Certificate-Expired/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i didnt emerge --sync for a month and then tried to install a program without syncing first. completely fucked the whole installation beyond fixing.

It doesn't obey the operator, forgive mistakes, retain knowledge, preserve meaning, survive disruptions, reveal purpose or serve loyally.

loper-os.org/?p=284

hfs+
mouse driver is shit
besides, it's perfect.

If there's one fucking thing that gets on my nerves, it's the fucking PULSEAUDIO bullshit. I had to spend a whole fucking day tinkering that shit. Also why the fuck GNU/Linux has no good equalizer and sound enhancer? Pulse audio equalizer is abandoned crap, qpaeq is pretty meh but since it's the only option, it's okay. What about some SRS wow and Dolby surround or some bass booster like in windows?

Lack of seamless interfacing with printers.

No Razer Synapse for Linux so I can't fine tune my mouse settings, wish I had some driverless mouse, but oh well. Also lack of consistent UI, but that's Linux in general, not distributions.

What do you experience in terms of inconsistency? I have a hard time finding anything that is not consistent with gnome 3.20 and arc-dark.
I am too lazy and scared to change /tmp from ext4 to tmpfs.

>distro

?

>GTK2/GTK3 transition period and inconsistencies stemming from it (not distro specific)
>shitty driver support for any gpu that's not intel iGPU.

I don't think I've found any distro specific annoyances yet.

You fell for the gentoo meme

try razercfg

>Your distro is amazing except for the fucking _________.
Maintainers.
manjaro.github.io/SSL-Certificate-Expired/

They fucked up again? Top kek.

Xubuntu 16.04
I can change the display refresh rate, but it doesn't apply for the login screen. It's the wrong decade to manually edit xorg.conf.

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs nodev,nosuid 0 0

>tmpfs /tmp tmpfs nodev,nosuid 0 0
I know but I am kinda scared that this will fuck something up.

Disk Utility
hfs+
God damnit Apple, You have a broken filesystem and you removed the only tool there was to repair it.

Well, you're already fucking over your SSD by not doing it

OSX has so much trouble with multi monitors. It's better in Capitan but sucked donkey dick in Yosemite and the worst part is that I HAVE to use OSX at work.

The GtK file picker dialogue.
It's embarrassing.

I fucking love Debian Linux, but this MTP shit is fucking up. Could be my phone (moto e) but I'm not getting errors.