technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787899(v=ws.10).aspx
menuetos.net/download.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Modern OS X can jump up my ass.

>Why don't you use OS X?
I don't have an overpriced mac.
>What OS are you using instead?
Windows

Don't you want to have god tier font rendering?

FONT RENDERING RANKINGS
1. OSX.
2. LINUX
3. WINDOWS

Modern OS X is more uniform and has better usability than older OS X. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

>Windows
I'm so sorry user.

But I do.

Because osx became shit after snow leopard
customized Xubuntu

fuck off miles

I don't need to jerk off to my fonts, but thanks
>I'm so sorry user.
Don't worry senpai, I don't miss the buttplugs, you can have them all for you

Instead you're using an OS X that forces you to use a GUI for everything and brazenly spies on you. At least use Linux if you're not going to use OS X.

>Because osx became shit after snow leopard
How so?

Cool!

>At least use Linux
No software support for anything, sorry, maybe when I get old I might use it as a hobby.

Bad excuse user.

>excuse
Its called reallity user, you should step on it more often.

There's no way around it. Using a fundamentally broken and crippled OS just because you "need" Foobar is a terrible excuse.

Not them, but if you don't know for which specific software you're using Windows it's not an argument.

You don't have the same software in Linux, but you have a lot of really good stuff whose you should give a try.

>fundamentally broken and crippled OS
That's a lot of buzzwords but I would get more of that from an apple fanboy.

>but you have a lot of really good stuff whose you should give a try.
Ok, name an Animate CC alternative.

I don't know and I don't care because I don't have time to spend in this.

It's called reality user, you should step on it more often.

Linux wishes it had osx spotlight feature. Its copy cats don't compare.

>I don't know and I don't care
But you literally cared the moment you replied to me trying to make me use a hobby os while I do real job on windows.
Also its very sad that you try to use my own post against me, because I'm actually working while you're dreaming of your "free" os. GG

>Uses drive letters to mount storage devices
>Jenga code that tries to have compatibility for Microsoft's only real customers (Enterprise)
>Compatibility nonsense hurts rest of the UX
>Only recently got bash, probably doesn't have tools like cron
>Registry that is practically human unreadable and full of hidden dwords that you need to enter in manually to do anything
>No support for filesystems like ext4 or btrfs
>Forced to use a GUI for every mundane task
>Clusterfuck of a UI, even with Windows 10
>No tabs in the file manager
>File manager STILL doesn't have have a proper favorites sidebar
>Can't drag files onto a file selection dialog
>Some applications still use the file selection dialog from Windows 95
>Spies on you openly
>Workspaces and new window management feel like an afterthought
I don't see how anyone can use such a locked down piece of shit.

No, I don't care there are Animate CC alternatives because it seems to take a lot of time.

I'm glad you're using software you like in your job, assuming you're not inventing fake arguments.

>hobby os

Have you ever tried to install drivers on Windows? I did, it took somewhat 30 seconds to install everything. Not even sorry.

My actual hobby is me trying to install Gentoo. It's a fucking rpg and eselect gives you side-quests. Gruesome!

Also, I don't care of this argument and I don't mean to keep you here. I may leave from time to time, and I wouldn't feel it as a victory if you'd do the same, I came for something else.

Have a nice day.

I will gladly enjoy using this fundamentally broken and crippled OS with ability to run software that is 15 years old. Pretty much everything that is compiled for x86 works more or less.

>Uses drive letters to mount storage devices
There is something bad with this? Because, right now, you're just posting an Opinion.
>Jenga code that tries to have compatibility for Microsoft's only real customers (Enterprise)
Any example of this?
>Compatibility nonsense hurts rest of the UX
Like... what exactly?
>Only recently got bash, probably doesn't have tools like cron
Why don't you try it out so you really know if it have it or not, "probably" doesn't cut it.
>Registry that is practically human unreadable and full of hidden dwords that you need to enter in manually to do anything
Name one example in wich you NEED to use the registry to get the work done user.
>Forced to use a GUI for every mundane task
Name one, you can use cmd, powershell and bash now for everything.
>Clusterfuck of a UI, even with Windows 10
You're telling me that the ui has any impact on how you get the job done?
>No tabs in the file manager
Only real complain so far.
>File manager STILL doesn't have have a proper favorites sidebar
You can drag and drop whatever you want in there
>Can't drag files onto a file selection dialog
You can, i just dit it on firefox
>Some applications still use the file selection dialog from Windows 95
Any example of this, and I mean, windows applications, because some third party software did some retard shit like using their own file selection gui instead of properly using the windows api.
>Spies on you openly
Telemetry != Spying
>Workspaces and new window management feel like an afterthought
Nice opinions user

>Have a nice day.
*Tips fedora*

Haha

Because >10.6.8 = SHIT

>>Uses drive letters to mount storage devices
You do not have to do it that way.

Since you obviously know absolutely nothing about Windows it is fair to assume that the rest of your post is just as wrong. You're a faggot.

Q.E.D.

>Why don't you use OS X?
I am not gay. I just happen to get sexually aroused by girls with cute penises.
Win7/funtoo

>There is something bad with this?
Where's the system root on Windows?
C:\Windows\
Where's the system root on a sane OS?
/
It's an illogical layout akin to sorting a bunch of photos by the month you took them, then year, then day. It makes no sense.

>Any example of this?
Why do you need an example? It's common knowledge that Windows tries to be absurdly backwards compatible.
What other OS still tries to support programs from the 90s?

>Like... what exactly?
Since Microsoft is so set on maintaining backwards compatibility it means they can't do things like get rid of the registry or change their administrative UIs to be less of a cluster fuck. It also makes it so the Windows permission system is forever skewed toward enterprise nonsense instead of having something that works well for one or two users.

>Why don't you try it out so you really know if it have it or not, "probably" doesn't cut it.
Why would I try it out? Even if it did have cron that wouldn't stop windows from being terrible.

>Name one example in wich you NEED to use the registry to get the work done user.
New install/New computer. If I want to transfer all of my applications, their settings, etc. over on Linux or OS X it's simple. On windows it's impossible because most of that shit is stored in your registry and if you try just simply copying the registry over to a new install things WILL fuck up.

>Name one, you can use cmd, powershell and bash now for everything.
Installing and updating my applications without having to use a browser.

>You're telling me that the ui has any impact on how you get the job done?
Yes. Are you retarded? How wouldn't the UI affect nearly everything you're doing on a modern graphical OS?

>You can drag and drop whatever you want in there
And it doesn't work the way you'd expect. If I remember right it goes into a tree view.

>You can, i just dit it on firefox
You can't do it on other applications. Go try it with a PS2 ISO patcher

>Any example of this, and I mean, windows applications, because some third party software did some retard shit like using their own file selection gui instead of properly using the windows api.
Ancient dialogs are part of the Windows API you dunce. Pic related.

>Telemetry != Spying
You're making me think you're just trolling now.

>Nice opinions user
It wasn't even obvious how to create a new workspace. The windows are all shown in a grid patten instead of being placed roughly where they were on the screen before being zoomed out into an overview. Apple and Linux have had this kind of feature since 2003, there's no excuse for Windows to fuck it up in 2016.

Everyone knows about that user, that doesn't change the fact it still defaults to drive letters by default and the fact Windows doesn't have something like /dev/.
I don't know why Windows users love to hate things that are universal on every other OS.

No right click, doesn't sync well with my Android phone, too expensive

Ubuntu

I dont have a pc. Android

>No right click
What's it like living in 1999?

I buy apple hardware and put OpenBSD on it.

>no open in new tab
>no properties
>no fucking copy paste
>no pause, fast forward, rewind all from one convenient little menu
>no easy rename
B-but force touch is innovation, guys!

Don't have any Apple products plus I don't really care for how closed the ecosystem is.

Fedora GNU/Linux

>no open in new tab
Pic related

>no properties
Cmd+,

>no fucking copy paste
I can even copy and paste files from finder into a terminal window. What are you talking about?

>no pause, fast forward, rewind all from one convenient little menu
Again, what are you talking about?

>no easy rename
Press enter. Can't get much easier than that.

But user I do use it on my desktop

OpenBSD on my laptop

>Cmd+,

Windows is basically mandatory for engineering, nobody uses OSX in my field. Use Linux at home, OSX has never appealed to me at all.

Threadly reminder that any OS that does let you get shit done and therefore gets you a job is a good OS.

>Why don't you use OS X?
I don't have money for a mac
Windows 7

It's actually funny, all those arguments that are completely irrelevant for almost two decades.

Those guy probably looked at Macs when they were kids (assuming they aren't right now) and saw it can't run games. It was etched so hard in their brains that mac = no games = nofun, that they keep hating it. It's like a Pavlovian reflex, someone mentions OSX, Mac, or Apple, and they feel an extremely unpleasant sensation.

>Why don't you use OS X?
because i want my computer to be useful
Windows 10 Enterprise

>wants a useful computer
>uses windows

You can turn on right click in the settings. It's been that way for 7-8 years at least.

He's doing it right though. Windows 10 is great, and all the shitty memes you will reply with are easily fixable.

You don't have 500 bucks for a used one?

Mac will never become as popular as Windows, let alone MORE popular than Windows, haha.

Truth is, people don't want to pay the price of a small car for their computer. Also, people don't want to be limited in what they can do with their computer either. Which is why Mac will always fail.

PC users (both Linux and Windows) have the full flexibility of hardware and software CHOICE. They can choose what components they put in their computers, and they can choose from literally hundreds of thousands of different FREE open source software to use, it's heaven.

Add together the fact that you can build a PC that's more powerful than a Mac for less than half the price, and have the ability to play games, and still do everything a Mac can do, and better, you wonder why Apple still exists.

how do you fix the shitty ui?

Not everyone wants to rice out an OS. Besides Windows 10 with the black theme is nice, There's also ways to install an WM

im not talking about the fucking themes im talking about the ui

Why are you so angry? Go take a walk little buddy.

im just suprised that someone as retarded as you could figure out how to operate a pc

>What other OS still tries to support programs from the 90s?
none, that's why Windows is used by actual companies

>Installing and updating my applications without having to use a browser.
chocolatey is a thing, and even if the program isn't in the repo, you can use an installer with silent mode from the cmd

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787899(v=ws.10).aspx

I don't want to rice the OS, I just want it to not look like ass.

Also no matter how many lies you tell yourself you can't remove telemetry.

i gotta use osx for work but i use windows usually at home, i just grew up on it and it feels like my "home" OS. i don't hate osx? but i compare it to like learning a second language, it's never going to be my most fluent language

>butthurt over 9000

Works for me

Sorry, my standards must just not be nearly as poor as yours.

1. OSX or Linux
2. 50 ft Pile of shit
3. Windows

FTFY

Cause im on my pc and it doesn't need osx, i use it on my laptop though

Because i'm a semi poorfag. I could buy tons of thinkpad's for the cost of 1 mac. Looks comfy though.

I use Debian Testing w/ GNOME.

>i compare it to like learning a second language, it's never going to be my most fluent language>>
That's a good analogy

>He fell for 5k akari meme

Nobody should need more than 1.44MB of space for an OS.

menuetos.net/download.htm

How did you make that image?

Photoshop?

Reported for violation of global rule 11(Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.).

>Modern OS X is more uniform and has better usability than older OS X
I jumped from 10.5 to 10.9 and can honestly say you have no clue what you're talking about. OS X is still a great OS but it's going down the shitter.

>not using Tiger on a PowerBook
Leave.

>owning macshit

Leave.

And what exactly is wrong with it? Go ahead, you must have some great examples if you keep repeating this. Then again EVERY time I ask I just get told "I'm wrong" without an answers.
I bet you think pic related was great UI design. Or how about when Apple thought it was a great idea to arbitrarily use Brushed Metal or dark windows when nearly everything else was just a grey gradient?
Don't forget non-UI functionality such as spotlight being basically useless, finder's lack of tabs, lack of quick look (both for files and for text), file selection dialogs that couldn't show thumbnails, lack of high PPI, etc.

Yosemite was buggy, but El Capitan is better than every other release of OS X outside of nostalgia.

>being angry because i own a 15 year old laptop

>PowerBook G4
Mah nigga

>Don't forget non-UI functionality such as spotlight being basically useless
What? I've never had any issues with Spotlight, I use it as extensively on 10.11 as I do on 10.5.
>finder's lack of tabs
Couldn't care less
>lack of quick look (both for files and for text)
You're wrong. 10.5 had it for sure, that was either the first version to have it or 10.4 was.
>file selection dialogs that couldn't show thumbnails
Wrong again.
>lack of high PPI
Why would I expect an OS to support things that didn't exist when it was a thing?

Friendly reminder that Windows does all font rendering inside the kernel itself.

It also handles scrollbars in the kernel

Lion or tiger, Sup Forums?

How does this even happen

>Tfw best hardware ever made is the surface book amd chromebook pixel
>pixel ha no upgradable storage; surface can't even run Linux

Fuck me, all computers suck

Bears, faggot

Gentoo

Linux > OSX > Windows

The only reason the OSX has god tier font rendering meme even exists is because people see a retina display showing wikipedia and think that must be OSX.

Depends on your processor and uses. Tiger if you use Classic and/or your CPU is more towards the minimum requirements for Leopard, otherwise Leopard.

I wonder how poorly Leopard would do on my 700MHz G4

The OS X has god tier font rendering "meme" started before Retina displays were a thing.

Win10

Im taking up the challenge of doing a deep analysis of the OS and see what parts of it are acting like rootkits. That way, I can make a guide on how to make.windows great again.

Also;

KaLi linux
Deft linux

>What? I've never had any issues with Spotlight, I use it as extensively on 10.11 as I do on 10.5.
Before 10.10 it was only useful for searching. If you are doing things right you'd have your files organized anyway.

>Couldn't care less
It's still an improvement over old OS X and something MANY people find useful.

>You're wrong. 10.5 had it for sure, that was either the first version to have it or 10.4 was.
I guess 10.5 was the first.

>Wrong again.
10.4 and 10.5 had this. I remember having to use a finder window with coverflow just to see my damn reaction images.

>Why would I expect an OS to support things that didn't exist when it was a thing?
Who cares? It's an improvement that you can only get with modern versions of OS X. It's objectively superior.
Almost forgot about lack of mission control. Exposé and Spaces can't compare.

I am

I use Arch because I'm not a fucking noob

If I install tiger, can I update to lion through the Internet?

>Why don't you use OS X?
I don't have $1000 to spend on a laptop, if I did it'd be a clevo so I could do gaymen on the go
arch linux because >muh aur

>Before 10.10 it was only useful for searching
I use it as an application launcher in 10.5
>10.4 and 10.5 had this. I remember having to use a finder window with coverflow just to see my damn reaction images.
Pic very related

>I use it as an application launcher in 10.5
Quicksilver was better for that.

I very clearly remember using Firefox on 10.5, being forced to use a dedicated finder window because of the lack of large thumbnails.

>Quicksilver was better for that.
Why would I install third party software for something first party software does flawlessly?
>I very clearly remember using Firefox on 10.5, being forced to use a dedicated finder window because of the lack of large thumbnails
Sounds like a Firefox issue. I'm clearly browsing photos by thumbnails in the screenshot.

Because apple stopped supporting ppc too early (I am still angry about this) and because I like free software. I use debian sid.

Probably irrelevant because I don't think it can really use the 2nd cpu but it's absolutely glacial on my dual 450.

No.

I was just playing around with Open Firmware after I realized I can set the clock to whatever I want. Pretty amusing to see a G4 report clocks Apple wanted but never got even with the G5s