Something better

What good screenrecorders are out there?
I still use fraps like its 2007 and it sucks shit

Dxtory

A little complicated at first, but you get use to it.

loilo recorder, gratis forever and made by people who know what they're doing

records to motionjpeg at any quality level up to 99%, so it records with a much smaller performance hit than other programs at the measly cost of bigger files

finding a video converter that can actually handle said motionjpeg vids correctly is hard though, all of mine give stupid issues like playback speed mismatches

ShadowPlay

nVidia Share if you have nVidia GPU, OBS for AMD.

OBS

they're reluctant to specify their output format and all video slicing features are pro, I smell video DRM

LICEcap

Just use OBS senpai

I used to use dxtory, picked up OBS.. now encode videos 1080p60 @ 220fps or 720p60 @ 450fps with the gpu encoder on staxrips

forgot image

>best you can do is A/B test video with humans to subjectively tell which is better

If your serious about recording, get a capture card.

None, FRAPS despite not being updated in years still provides the best image quality.

this
any other suggestions are from idiots

Open Broadcaster Software, Action!

What is a good screen recorder for linux? Kazam has a nice UI but I can't select the goddamn bitrate, fuck.
>inb4 just record uncompressed and convert later
>inb4 just use ffmpeg from the terminal
Sorry, but I'm not autistic enough. Okay I may do the first.

Sure thing, kiddo.

>alias rec='ffmpeg ...'
>¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
>prophet

i use obs for recording and streaming, i've never had any problems with it. i hear good things about shadowplay too

The "select an area to capture by clicking and dragging" function is still comfier than typing coordinates into the terminal.

I do see your point though.

>create aliases such as top half lefthalf, right half, top right half, etc
>¿¿?? ¿¿??
>phrophet

Not really, even NVENC 130MBPS still produces lower image quality.