Recently got a job as a second IT

>recently got a job as a second IT
>IT guy fears losing his job
>gloats his achievements in front of me and employer
>Says something about him running executables through browsers
>I tell him thats bullshit
>we dont talk for the rest of the day
I really dont want to get on the bad side of autismo. But is it actually possible to goto a website and have it play its own .exe in the browser?
If so, why hasnt everyone just made websites that wipe your hard drive and install africa on your pc? Why arent windows games held on websites?

I'm pretty sure hes wrong, but maybe I'm missing some key information.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdgeHTML
pastebin.com/2BKFmkkR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is it that utter retards like you can manage to get gainful employment and I'm stuck washing dishes for $8 an hour with a CS degree and a portfolio full of software used by tens of thousands of people?

In older versions of IE you could have it auto run a bat file that it downloads and runs automatically when going to the page.

It's the most highly insecure shit tho.

this

op can you do me and this user a favor and commit suicide?

But I assume that would be patched and not intentional.

Not when I've got more than you two have with supposedly less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

show me this supposed software

Well yeah, it's patched in newer versions of IE. But you can use old versions of IE to exploit it.

Really though I don't see how this is an accomplishment. You can just download the executable on any browser and click to run it once downloaded.

You have family in HR, right?
It's the only explanation i can think of.

But if you want an actual answer my resume makes me looks tons better than what I probably am. Managed a charity for 6 years, Full comp science UIL in highschool, and I goto the same church as my boss.
Lots of people are complaining about CS being a hard market to get into but there are so many job opprotunities in central texas im not sure why.

Funny enough, yea, but I dont think it had much to do with it compared to the other advantages.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck getting a job anywhere else fuccboi

ah well thanks, he was just full of shit after all. I thought I was missing some crazy microsoft edge feature or something. Itd be interesting to have microsoft combat flash and html5 though.

>combat html5
>the very technology that is supposed to be running on the web in the first place

How retarded are you?

>utter retard gets a job he's not qualified for
>ask how he got the job
>nepotism

So all jealousy and hate mongering aside whats the deal with this? One of you must know something

(You) are a retard.

Dont work for the city though...
HTML5 applications and SWF applications, sorry if you couldnt understand what was implied :/

Fuckin lol

>HTML5 applications and SWF applications, sorry if you couldnt understand what was implied :/

I got everything you implied you inbred cuck, you're just retarded.

Im an innocent lurker kiddo but i thought thered be more to it than just "oh he might have done it on an old version of IE its possible"

Someone already answered me, there is no such thing im not behind on any crazy feature, the guy was bullshitting me.

IT guy is right to be worried. You were probably hired to replace him because you're younger and cheaper. Now he has to train you, and he feels insecure, so he's trying to make himself look good as a last ditch effort.

No you're not, you're clearly OP or you're as retarded as him.

lol you got me
idiot

but if you got what I implied why did you refer combat html as a "I hope microsoft makes an html clone" instead of "I hope microsoft makes browser ran applications that can perform better than html5"
but never mind :4

Clean bait OP.

>Calling out OP as retarded
>Doesnt know what a web app is

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdgeHTML
Looks like the other IT guy was probably right, fuck everyone here.

that's literally the opposite, its running a web browser engine (Edge) in other programs, for easy imbedded use and such. Nothing strange there.

Now what he could possibly mean is some sort of virtualized program in a web browser, many companies like citrix offer solutions to do this from Software as a Service to even whole Operating Systems as a Service, all accessible through any modern web browser.

embedded rather, scuse my mental hiccup there

I'm assuming you just don't want to move, I don't see why you couldn't get a job with google/amazon if your statements are true and use that vetting as a launch pad for the remainder of your career. There are plenty of people who are afforded great opportunities out of college with less accomplishments than in production software.

if you're really so great, freelance

None of you retards have heard of ActiveX? It launches exes from IE...

Well the IT guy said it was through a vanilla browser.

because it is a made up story you dingus

I have a chemical engineering degree and replenish merchandise in a fulfillment center for $10/hr (i.e. professional box opener).

I think we,
-Suck at marketing ourselves
-Suck at sealing the deal in interviews
-Don't live in the right area
-Don't have enough connections
-Wasted our time in school (this is me to be honest)

if he just said "executables", then yes, you can
javascript, actionscript, and java are common

".exe" isn't the only kind of executable program

my error, I mean .exe strictly.

If you're a US Citizen and have a CS degree email your resume the email listed here pastebin.com/2BKFmkkR

A malicious website can make you download an executable and run it on your computer. You should report him to your boss for being a hacker so you can steal his job.

It's kinda unbelievable. Could you elaborate? What kind of things do you program? Are your contributions central to these projects used by thousands? What languages do you know?

I thought even older ie have activex by default albeit older version ?

pretty much just activex (rather dead, and IE-only) and browser exploits, then

bump

Butthurt shit-tier comp sci degree holder detected
I'll pay you 5 dollars every day to bring me coffee and lunch :^)
>source: IT associates degree at CC

Please define HTML5 in your own words.

Sent from my iPhone