Some dickhead in my school rides around campus in this thing. Why is meme technology so popular with this generation?

Some dickhead in my school rides around campus in this thing. Why is meme technology so popular with this generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

virtuebike.com/product/virtue-pedalist
lowtechmagazine.com/2010/09/the-velomobile-high-tech-bike-or-low-tech-car.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TmoRNMSzHjY
jozztek.com/shop/ebike-motors/158-greyborg-cromotor-hubzilla.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks dope t b h

Glad I graduated UCSD before this became a thing

Looks pretty comfy.

I don't like being looked at when I use a bicycle, and people might think I'm some mass shooter if I'm riding with a cloth over my face in the heat. This product literally solves my main woes with cycling.

Looks more safe than cycling normally, at least your body isn't completely exposed.

Can I add some music player to that shit? I think a diy stereo with a sansa clip and some speakers would be awesome, just run the thing with a 3300 mah battery.

Dope af senpai, I want one.

Hoverboards here were huge earlier this year but I think they're cracking down on them. I only ever saw Asian guys riding them.

Is that a velomobile?
/n/ seems to love them (or hate them depending on time of the day).

good thing it's got a shell around to protect him from the inevitable eggings

Is... Is there a word filter for senpai?

hownew.ru

That doesn't sound safe.

How so?
Looks like the thing in OP even has sidemirrors.

What doesn't?
I ain't going to be cruising with the music at full volume, lipo batteries can be positioned somewhere safe in a small perforated steel box.

virtuebike.com/product/virtue-pedalist

same
I wouldn't ride one around a university campus but it would be pretty neat for grocery runs or some shit where you're traveling along real roads

You can't wear a hat?

>one saddle
>fits two adults and a toddler
Fucking where?
>e-motor and a battery
>$4999++
The hell are the pluses stand for?

>$5000 for a bike

and mericans get surprised when the world call them jewslaves

>hey that actually seems kinda cool, i wonder how much it-
>MSRP $5000

My bike commutes make me break a sweat already, I cant imagine all that air being blocked off

A hat wouldn't cover my face, I like to be anonymous while cycling and jogging.

Hopefully the free market will come up with a much cheaper solution, or even a diy version.

Yet people still drive.

>putting a third wheel onto a two-wheeled device
I hate these people. Just get a fucking car, you degenerate safety-fag.

The only people who should have one are people that can't physically operate a normal bicycle/motorcycle.

>Hopefully the free market will come up with a much cheaper solution, or even a diy version.
Velomobiles exist for over a century AFAIK and they are not all that popular for a reason.

Invented in Japan in the 19th Century.

>weeee someone does something different to me!
>weeee I need my opinions validated!
>weeee stroke my ego and tell me I'm right!

Friendo, why do you feel the need to pontificate what people can and should do? Stop being a weakling.

And what is that reason? Are they more physically demanding than regular bikes?

What the literal fuck? At that price point, you could get a decent used car or a motorcycle/bike

Expensive, takes much more space than a regular bike and yes, you have to carry all that mass (muh grams) with the power of your muscles. Also, not UCI-compatible.
Similar with rectumbents.

>not just getting a mountainbike helmet and goggles
speaking of which, I gotta get my bike in shape and hit some trails

People wear this mountain biking? Looks too dirkbike tier for me

Looks burdensome and it doesn't really cover my whole face, I'd rather just tint the shit out of the windows and ride anonymously without normies pestering the shit out of me because I look suspicious. Might as well light up some high quality ganja while I'm traveling to sweeten the trip even more. You can't do that on a regular bike.

According to a website you can retain the same speed as a bike while using 3.5 times less energy.

lowtechmagazine.com/2010/09/the-velomobile-high-tech-bike-or-low-tech-car.html

Those other faults seem valid but they're not that important in my opinion, except for the price tag, which is kinda rapey.

why in the fuck would you need something like this in la jolla? it's perfect weather year round. unless you're one of those fob asian girls that are trying to keep deathly pale or something

>except for the price tag, which is kinda rapey
Just buy some pipes and canvas and make one yourself. IMO the biggest problem is the sheer size of the thing. A "normal" bike can be stored in a hall of a small ass flat on the top floor of some commie bloc, this thing can't. And coupled with the price tag it becomes even more of a problem.

$4-$7k
yeah no thank you

>Some dickhead
That's an electric wheelchair. don't make fun of disabled people.

> A hat wouldn't cover my face, I like to be anonymous while cycling and jogging

unless you are a celebrity, no one gives a shit.

>I don't like being looked at when I use a bicycle
Literally what the fuck is wrong with being looked at while cycling?

It's a personal thing so you wouldn't understand. People do give a shit when you're using a cloth over your face in the summer, I've been stopped by police before, some neighbors thought I was suspicious.

>Literally what the fuck is wrong with being looked at while cycling?
It's annoying to have people following you with their eyes like you're some sort of peculiar attraction in the street, I don't like being approached and have idiots ask me shit about cycling either.

In general I dislike people paying too much attention to me, they ought to mind their own business.

Have you ever worse a full face on a MTB? Get damn, they are the warmest things in the world.
I used to wear a full face DH riding, I don't anymore just due to the heat. I would rather lose my teeth.

Wear a visored Bike helmet. Would be pretty cool seeing someone wearing one while jogging.

I bet that dickhead leads a way more healthy life than your fat ass.

On the bright side... I bet it's pretty good against rain and helps keep you warmer in the winter.

>It's annoying to have people following you with their eyes like you're some sort of peculiar attraction in the street, I don't like being approached and have idiots ask me shit about cycling either.
And camouflaging yourself, so that you look even more eye catching does help that exactly how…?

I can understand the part of not being to extroverted and not wanting to be the center of attention (I'm posting on Sup Forums, for fucks sake…), but you sound like you have some issues and should find some help.

>essentially, this the classic
>you fucking autist!!!
>insult, but I'd rather have it understood as a helpful hint.

Dude, he's probably a handicap.

>Can I add some music player to that shit?

Just wear headphones and use your phone, like normal people.

>And camouflaging yourself, so that you look even more eye catching does help that exactly how…?
Oh, I'm certain that it is more eye catching, however, they do not know who I am or what I look like, which gives me a feeling of relaxation, like wearing a war mask.

Keeping my identity away from normies is essentially a buffer which is useful to relax while I'm doing something I enjoy, for instance, you wouldn't like to be looked at while you're watching a movie, would you?

The fact they don't know anything about me is reassuring, I can show them my power while cycling anonymously but I also desire to deny them my essence, which is my identity, individuality, or whatever it is that you want to call it.

>I can understand the part of not being to extroverted and not wanting to be the center of attention (I'm posting on Sup Forums, for fucks sake…), but you sound like you have some issues and should find some help.
I think I'm a well adjusted guy, I simply don't like people watching me perform solo activities that I enjoy, I don't want people to remember me as that guy who rides his bike, looks like x or y, and does this or that. They're strangers and they shall remain like that.

I'm glad that we monkeys on the balcans don't have this kind of faggy shit.

>I can show them my power while cycling anonymously but I also desire to deny them my essence

>Not sure if trolling or just really autistic

What is so bad about
> I don't want people to remember me as that guy who rides his bike, looks like x or y, and does this or that.
I'd rather be that guy, instead of being
>that guy that wears a mask, looks like a rapist and watches polish pedophile powerpoints
sure, in the latter case, they might not see your face, but you will be immidiately more "rememberable" than just one of thousands of normal guys, that are normally riding their bike.

Lmao

It was changed to sempai, wasn't it?

test senpai

fucking turbo autism engaged
levels have just reached critical mass

is he a missing limb?

His penis.

do you mean: His feminine penis

His feminine (male) penis.

>What is so bad about
>> I don't want people..
>I'd rather be that guy, instead of being
I don't want strangers to have any type of connection with me if I have the bad luck of running into them in the street when I'm not rising my bike.

Having power over my identity is a priority for me, I don't feel comfortable having interactions with normies even if it's just someone watching me go by in a bike.

I do find it extremely irritating that people don't mind their own business, and as such, I'm forced to do tgis kind of things.
>>that guy that wears a mask, looks like a rapist and watches polish pedophile
First of all I do not indulge in such practices, secondly, these people should be ashamed for thinking so. Why is retaining your anonymity such a big deal?
>sure, in the latter case, they might not see your face, but you will be immidiately more "rememberable" than just one of thousands of normal guys, that are normally riding their bike.
It doesn't matter because all I want is avoiding to show my face, they aren't going to recognize me by anything else.

what the fuck am I reading?

>I think I'm a well adjusted guy

grand jollies fine chap

You could buy a decent road bike and an old Civic at that price point...

That shit is an answer looking for a question.

>I can show them my power while cycling anonymously but I also desire to deny them my essence
I'm fucking crying from the laughter, This is the most real/authentic fedora wearer tier shit I've heard here in a while.

Literally no one cares who you are, you paranoid bag of coleslaw.

by making such a spectacle of yourself, you willingly surrender your anonymity.

>costs more than my motorcycle and 6 months' worth of gas

>I don't want strangers to have any type of connection with me if I have the bad luck of running into them in the street when I'm not rising my bike.
>I do find it extremely irritating that people don't mind their own business,
But they do not connect with you, and they do mind their own business. I never ever had anyone that I did not know or did not have to interact with randomly approaching me, with something like
>LMAO, you are that dude that is riding a bike/walking over campus/eating salad for lunch/whatever
Its just normal to occasionally see people out in public that you have seen before in public.
I can understand that you are anxious about that, but trying to hide yourself is not helping. get professional help!

>First of all I do not indulge in such practices,
>he does not know the burmese cave painting forum meme
>now that is something people should point at laugh at you for.jpg

>It doesn't matter because all I want is avoiding to show my face, they aren't going to recognize me by anything else.
They might not recognize your true you, but they WILL recognize you!
If you want to truly preserve your anonymity in public, just be like the public. Dress normally, do normal things, show your normal face etc. This way, no one will notice you. But if you make an effort to be unnotized, you will stick out!

Tip it over

I was thinking of this sort of road bike, but fuck I didn't even consider a motorcycle.

This fucking thing makes less sense the more you think about it...

You could even get one of these and be set for 2 years

Are you a bike stealing negro, by any chance?

I bike to work, shit like this would be handy as fuck. Don't need to wear a raincoat, not putting myself at such a big risk.

>Justabike™

>hoverboard
>doesn`t even hover

Kek. Guess its better than a hoverboard. But it just looks like someone who has to masturbate nonstop needs that shit

>Spotted the poor person

Why are poor people so jealous?

It's REEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU RETARD

Fuck's that? Suzuki Ratbike RB750?

It's rooo now, get with the times, gramps.

>$5000 for some hard plastic over a bicycle
Consumerists

Our resident underageb&'s Aprilia rs50

It's a shitty concept. This is how an enclosed tricycle should look like.

SHIIIEEEEEEEET

>I think I'm a well adjusted guy, I simply don't like people watching me perform solo activities that I enjoy, I don't want people to remember me as that guy who rides his bike, looks like x or y, and does this or that. They're strangers and they shall remain like that.
dude, just stop

You shouldn't try to ride a bicycle in the winter unless you're prepared to risk breaking bones.

This is why you should send kids to public schools. So that they get beat up if they're incorrect and learn their lesson. This guy was probably homeschooled.

>...in the heat. This product literally solves my main woes with cycling.

yes, because riding around in a black box without AC or even any ventilation during a hot summer day is great.

you can clearly see it has no window in the door

>I don't like being looked at when I use a bicycle
Is this what autism is like?

Its what happens when we stop accepting bullying as natural. We can no longer self correct sociologically.

that won't be enough to keep you cool. it does make a good trash can for other people though.

Yup I can get brand new Ninja 250R witu that price

just don't get a new and good looking bike if you live in a city.

get a 1500W hub motor of ali express, attached to rim

get battery pack, controller

will cost 700-800GBP

based

youtube.com/watch?v=TmoRNMSzHjY

ebikes have come a lon gway

why is the new Sup Forumseneration full of poorfags?

Now I know how the pope gets in his fitness. Must be heavy as shit with all that bulletproof glass.

Pope's legs must be jacked

>1500w
This is nothing

jozztek.com/shop/ebike-motors/158-greyborg-cromotor-hubzilla.html

Trickle down economic theory

that's why he wears the robe, to hide his power

Wow it's a faggier Segway