Answer honestly: would you buy an iPhone/Mac if the price range were Redmeme/PC-tier?

Answer honestly: would you buy an iPhone/Mac if the price range were Redmeme/PC-tier?

I don't like iOS or macOS at all.
I also dislike how the latest macbooks are so thin and that their keyboards have no depth, their hinges feel fragile as fuck, and their CPUs have no cooling so they throttle to 800MHz when watching youtube.

You literally couldn't pay me to use apple shit.

Apple products are reasonably priced for what you get, a cheaper product would require inferior components and defeat the whole purpose.

t. mac shill

That wasn't the question.
With the specs they currently have, would Sup Forums buy am iPhone that costed max 300/400$?

Apple products have always been price competitive with offerings from other companies like Samsung, HTC, Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. It's only autistic neckbeards who pride themselves in wasting hours "building" their own computers who think they are overpriced.

No, they're still highly locked-down devices that I can't easily upgrade or perform maintenance on. They're also designed to fail and optimized for looks over functionality.

Price is the least of my concerns.

>You literally couldn't pay me to use apple shit.
This desu senpai.

No I dont need a locked phone with shitty battery life. Also my phone costed 70€. My laptop is more expensive than macbook though so I obviously wouldnt get macbook either for cheaper.

Seconding this. I actually use a shitty HP (and I do mean shitty) supplied by my school as my second laptop in lieu of the macbook option because I hated using the macbook so much.

You've not known rage until during a practical coding exam your whole class gets a mandatory El Capitan update pushed and is unable to do anything at all for the better part of an hour.

Except when you're near to complete with your final xCode-built project and then get a mandatory update to Swift2, where you can't even start xCode without allowing the update through. And then of your days and days of coding... none of it compiles anymore. Hardly anything in the way of documentation by apple for what was changed. I was ready to take a hammer to that macbook.

>tfw forced to use applel shit at ad/media production company
>constant lock ups, crashes, and hangs
>Beach Ball of Death all day doing simplest shit

That recruiter bastard can't get back to me soon enough.

>IPhone
No
>iMac
No
>Mac Pro
Hell no
>Apple TV
Maybe
>iPad
Definitely, I own two already
>Retina Macbook Pro
Fuck yes (the 15" )
>Macbook Air
No
>Macbook Pro
No
>Macbook
No
>iPod
Yes, but only if they ever make one with 128GB storage

>designed to fail
>known market-wide as the computers with the highest resale value
>typing this on a 6+ year old mac with no problems for the entire 6+ years

You're a dumbass, and I'm being serious, look in the mirror and realize that a bunch of your life is being swallowed up by the faggiest of all tech memes: the PC autist who thinks hating what others like is cool.

Just picked up a new 5S for 149 today, comfy as heck

>>known market-wide as the computers with the highest resale value
Because it's extremely rare for any of their shit to last that long, driving down supply.

No, there's just way too many things that I can't do on an iPhone/Mac that I can on my android/GNU.

>1136x640
>$150

No because I have an FM radio tuner app on my Android phone that I love using, not a big fan of streaming.

It doesn't work on iOS, so I'm not interested.

Dunno how you guys can fuck up what's designed to be used and understood simply. Apple does none of that auto-update, paperclip bouncing bullshit windows does, unless you spend like an hour going into your apple computer and fucking shit up. I've been using apple for a decade and I honestly can't think of how I would get it to do all the buggy/updating shit windows does. Also

>For fuck's sake windows, still using the start button? How 1995 can you get

They kept the Start button because people love it.

Nope, sorry brah

I don't think I would.
I like having ports, drivebays and sd card slots.

yeah playing to the lowest common denominator never dulled the experience for anything

Yes because they're great products.

Just bought a rMBP 13, what am I in for lads?

You're talking about OSX desu senpai.

Applel quality.

After how much fucking trouble I went through trying to send an mp4 to someone who owns an iPhone, never.

Not really, Maybe 7-8 years ago I would have bought an Iphone over android, but now I don't like where apple is headed.

Can't think of I time iv said "Boy I sure wish I was on OSX instead of windows".

there's nothing wrong with the start button

That purpose being having a hipster-tier laptop you can go type your screenplay on at $tarbuck$ for all to see while you sip your equally overpiced latte?

I bet you have a Alienware.

yes, because the hardware is nice
but it's still put Windows 10 on it because i dont like OSX

You're such a contrarian, I bet you put window$ on your crapbook.

If he does, good for him.

They make great products and the only people who rage are those who are too poor to afford one, or used to be poor and made having inadequate income an big part of their identity.

To be honest, at release, Mac hardware is usually O-K price, or rather, the premium is less dramatic than a lot of people make out. And some lines of Mac hardware have dropped slightly in price over the generations.

The problem mostly comes when they don't update the hardware for 12 or more months, since unlike other manufactures the prices don't slip as the hardware ages.

Only if it came in the proper (non-trash can) Mac Pro case with a high-end graphics card (980Ti/Fury X) and an i7.

I already have a 2011 MBP and an iPhone 5s, this would only be to replace my desktop so I could play muh games.

I will never go back to iOS.
If a MacBook could compete with muh used thunkpads in terms of price/performance, I might be willing to sacrifice modularity for a nice metal build.

I'd probably still not do it, though. Just because I've been so vocally anti-apple in front of a lot of people. I'd also be worried that the people who look for computer advice in me, would get the impression that I approve of the apple ecosystem.

I'd be tempted to pick up an 9.7" iPad pro & Apple Pencil if they were cheaper.

Tried one out yesterday and it felt pretty amazing in my hands. I guess i like more subjective things like that over MUH SPECS

>imblyign that you need over 800 mhz to watch youtube videos
>imblygin taht normal people use you tube
>iblygimgn

no
all of their shit looks disgusting as fuck
years ago i thought the macbook air was nice then i saw it irl and hell naw

>>imblygin taht normal people use you tube
stop posting

XPS 13 4k with OSX desu

I bet you duel boot into Windows to play your shitty vidiagames

>Actually believing every stupid meme that gets propagated on Sup Forums
You deserve what you get my man

I don't even own a Mac, faggots. I have a 600€ HP laptop with win7/Mint

Nope. They look cheap and lacking in functionality.