Best MP3 player?

I've been running an ipod classic (7th gen 160gb) with rockbox for ages now. Use it for mp3/flac files and it's great. I'm worried the battery will eventually die, and replacing it myself looks like a bitch. Should I start looking for a future solution?

Why don't you use a fucking phone you autist.

You can play game/browse Sup Forums while you are using it.

I can, and do. But if I'm listening to flac, or don't want to flatten my phone I use this. What's the problem with having choices?

Just telling you how to save money. Maybe buy something better when the time comes.

Fiio X1

>no PMP
>"Use your personal tracking device user!"

This is neo/g/ , gentlemen.

Highscreen Boost 3 Pro.

I'm considering getting a pmp at some point because I don't have a smartphone because I hate touchscreens (and there aren't any non-touchscreen smartphones these days because it's all shitty touchslabs)

I can understand not liking all touch screen, but it's such a small issue compared to all the benefits of a smart phone.

rockbox 160gb is still the best. Just buy a couple of them so you have backup when one dies.

They take a lot to kill and are pretty easy to fix

>but it's such a small issue compared
Not when every single interaction I have with my device is through a peripheral I hate. That'd be like saying buying a gaming console if I hate using a controller "isn't a big issue".

Also, Android is garbage and despite the fact that iOS is pretty good, iPhone hardware is an absolute fucking joke.

Sailfish is pretty nice, but (a) the Jolla phone isn't available in the US and (b) the Jolla phone is really big and I have tiny hands (3.7" screens are most comfortable for me)

I'm not trying to be a luddite and shun all new technology, it's just that, unfortunately and coincidentally, every new development in mobile is a hindrance to my computing workflow.

You type like a virgin.

*redditor

You posted it. Just replace the battery when it goes and while you're in there, upgrade to an SSD

Fuck off

Sansa clip+ with rockbox

Nice projecting, bud. What's your point?

Isn't it rather difficult to do it with a 160GB model? I'm asking as someone who's done hardly any research into it, but has seen some people say that it's harder with those models than it is with other ones - for some reason.

No

Buy a battery now.
I just bought a new 650mah one since I wanna keep mine slim.
Got a 256 gb sd card in there too and bypassed the built-in amp.

Huh, alright.

Since this is as good a place as any to ask - does putting Rockbox on it allow for easier transfer of music? As in, would it still require using a secondary program like gtkpod in Linux to make it happen? That's actually one of the reasons I was looking at a Clip+ and a microsd card - dead simple process, just pop the card in and drag-and-drop.

Rockbox enables drag and drop transfers

Subsonic & dSub, voila your entire music collection in whatever format streamed from your PC to your phone for £1 a month.

Not to mention all your videos, photos, documents etc.

>listening to flac
>he fell for the meme

Why do I still browse this place, Sup Forums knows more about technology.

there is OPUS 190, why do you even need FLAC?