Sup Forums-approved ebooks

So I'm like 5 years late to this party, but I just got an e-book reader for free, and I actually like it.

What are some Sup Forums-approved e-books in formats that play well with e-ink readers? In Kindle, epub, mobi, whatever. Preferably not PDF though.

I've found that while it can do PDF, it doesn't work as well as other formats. And Project Gutenberg is filled mostly with old lit., which isn't bad but I'd rather see something Sup Forums-related, whether manuals, history of computing, science fiction, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most people on here like kobo, I too am in the market for an ereader. Something cheap

Kindle keyboard with 3G. Just werks TM

>I'd rather see something Sup Forums-related

you literally just missed the humble hacking book bundle that had some fairly good books

have a look on the wiki for books that suit your interest or something, it'll mostly be related to programming or administration

kobo aura off of amazon warehouse deals for like $50, it's literally perfect

- check their recommended reading list in the wiki

If you're into cyberpunk and old scifi William Gibson is good.

Start with Neuromancer

>3g on eReader
Wasted money

Hyperion and endymion series. Dark tower by King.

>Dan Simmons

You have great taste my heterolifemate

I got an old nook, I like the eink. Don't care about all the other features. Found all the epubs and PDFs I want, all for free. Can't complain.

I know Kindles have had issues with Amazon removing content you bought, is there any way they report or check if any of the ebooks on them seem pirated?

just turn on airplane mode

Ive had multiple kindles with 90% pirated books, never had an issue. You can even email pirated books to your kindle email and sync them between the kindle and kindle apps

Any good repos other than Project Gutenburg?

why they never update dx?

Is it worth it to spend the extra $40 or so for a Paperwhite, or should I just stick go for the basic kindle?

yar, i have no clue where such a thing be found, matey.

sony prs 300 with custom firmware

If you're implying Pirate bay, I've found it to be shit for eBooks.

gen.lib.rus.ec/

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

I was implying piracy in general. Seriously though if you know the right stuff to put into google you can find people's open calibre library folders.

Get the Paperwhite, there is no debate.

I already pulled the trigger on the basic. I hope it's not too bad.

It gonna be horrible m8

How so? Sup Forums thinks reading on tablets is terrible, but I've never once had an issue so I really don't think I'm that hard to please. Is it slow and glitchy?

Regular kindle is fine. Presumably you read regular books and don't have any problems with it. The reading experience on a non-Paperwhite Kindle is similar to that, only better. The only negative I've found is that you don't get the smell of a book, which I always though was nice. But you'll get over it.

Paperwhites are good if you read in low light conditions frequently. But it's not a necessity.

E-Ink is slow, but that doesn't matter for reading typical books. It's only an issue if you're trying to read large format books like textbooks or books where you frequently need to navigate through pages quickly. The former already has other issues (A Kindle is nowhere near large enough for textbooks). The latter is better suited for typical LCD tablets, but even then the experience isn't that great.

It's also worth considering what types of literature you read. Being a grayscale device, if you're planning on reading US comics, a Kindle is obviously right out the window. If you read manga, the black-and-white parts look stunning on an e-Ink display. But I found not having color for covers and the rare color page was pretty disappointing. It's also a bitch and a half to load manga onto a Kindle. These days I just read manga on my Android tablet.

I have the Kindle Touch, the previous-gen version of the current Basic. It's fine.

That said, I'm actually looking to "downgrade" to a eInk reader that doesn't have a touchscreen, because I like the idea of being able to hold it any way I want and use only buttons for scrolling. Are there any readers other than Kindle series that only uses physical buttons, no touchscreen?