Why are you still using 2010 tier browsers?

Why are you still using 2010 tier browsers?

>They don't even know about Brave...

Oh, don't worry about it, it's just gonna revolutionize browsing, and it was just made by the inventor of JavaScript which basically runs the whole Internet but you know, other than that, nothing special ...

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/253
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Extensions-API-support
cnet.com/news/newspapers-to-brave-browser-dont-mess-with-our-ads-or-else/
flattrplus.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We are well aware about that proprietary piece of shit.

>replaces ads with their own ads
Yeah no, Chrome/Chromium/Canary w/ uBo is God-tier and nothing can beat them.

>proprietary
You say that as if it was a bad thing.

It is.

they replace websites' ads with their own ads, that's the whole scam.

it's pretty much like illegal streams.

That's not true. They give a chance for websites to earn money using the blockchain. Please learn more about it, this could really revolutionize the Net. We need a solution that is not invasive like ads and that rewards content creators.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop

This isn't Shillaldi.

>They give a chance for websites to earn money using the blockchain.

that's called extortion

>non-free
Dropped.

It's open source though

>revolution...blockchain
those words don't belong in the same sentence famicom.

>content creators
FUCK
OFF

Brendan- Youre not thinking through what youre doing and cobbling together disparate ideas with no real cohesive plan. Next time I email you you might want to have a real conversation with me about a business plan instead of blowing me off as someone who wants 'email time'

>no extensions
What's the point?

Was I talking about whether its source code is available? I said its non-free.

It's still very much work-in-progress

github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/253
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/wiki/Extensions-API-support

>The Mozilla Public License (MPL) is a free, open source, and detailed software license developed and maintained by the Mozilla Foundation.[8]

Alright, well, give me a call in four years once it's built up an extension ecosystem that can almost but can't really replicate all the solutions that Chrome's provides.

fuck off richard

>it's just gonna revolutionize browsing
Nigger do you even know what revolutionize means?
Browsing has been pretty much perfected, only improvements can be done but nothing revolutionary.

Did you even read the links? They're implementing Chrome's extension API.

>They give a chance for websites to earn money using the blockchain.
blockchain...mmm, where did that idea come from Brendan?

>replaces ads with their own ads
fuck this peace of shit browser. as a content creater I feel very pissed about this.

if this browser gets any traction, I will check for with javascript and stop page rendering for users who use it.

>as a content creater I feel very pissed about this.
youre not the only one
cnet.com/news/newspapers-to-brave-browser-dont-mess-with-our-ads-or-else/

And literally no one will use your website

>as a _________ *bitch, whine and moan*

You have to admit that hijacking ads is pretty scummy. I couldn't browse without uBlock but there's a huge difference between hiding them and stealing them.

Not him, But couldn't you just tell your users to download chromium or firefox to use the website? If people really wanted too see the content i'm sure they would.

Not him, but no one in their right mind would download a browser just to visit one website. Unless you want CP, of course.

yes you could, but honestly, I think brave will just fail.
>nobody will use it
>big content creators will sue the shit out of them

those developers are fucking retarded if they think they can create a browser and hijack 17% - 100% ad revenue.

if you install brave, this already implies you have at least one other browser (IE, safari or firecucks)

Good point.

what is the brendan meme?

>implying I don't wget the direct download link

Android app is shit, desktop version is ugly, cant into blocking proxy ads.
>uninstall

Brendan Eich, you fucking idiot.

is this the guy that got cucked in Firefox

If websites really cared, they would just block adblock users.

The only one I've encountered so far uses google disk to host their videos and just removes the video tag to prevent you from watching it.
I pretty much just copy the video address and watch it directly.

Problem solved:
flattrplus.com/

And ad replacement is still ads.

some do, I can't remember which ones but I definitely came across a few before
If I made an website I'd at least put a message like "if you enjoy our services please disable adblock" or some shit like that at the top.

lol, another fail project. this is even worse than the fucking browser in OP

why would I want a browser that just replaces ads when I can block ads entirely with every other browser

Brave is a data-collecting botnet that serves you ads, if you use it you should be beheaded.

>You set your budget for great web content. Our smart algorithm automatically distributes the right amounts to the right sites. You don’t have to worry about a thing.
The fucking what?
What?

I'm happy that faggot got kicked out of Mozilla. Also, JavaScript sucks. And because it does so, web "developers" these days load all kinds of shitty libraries (e.g. jQuery) just in order to make it somewhat usable. JavaScript is the reason many websites are bloated and absolute shit.

> he doesn't know about package managers

What can this browser do that Firefox with the right extensions can't?

>it was just made by the inventor of JavaScript
That can't be good...

>with Brave, you can choose whether to see ads that respect your privacy or pay sites directly
>pay sites directly
>basically give us your credit card information
how is this a good thing

Who is using Firefox the wanna be like Chrome clone should be beheaded.

Brave is Open Source, you can deactivate that whitelist ads function, Firefox is more Botnet than Brave.

At least Brave tries to change the recent damaging ads model.

It tries to be an unique product, while Mozilla tries recently so hard to be a Chrome/Edge knock-off browser.

You are a fucking greedy commercial asshole. Go fuck you and your content creation you cunt!

>Firefox is more Botnet than Brave.

m8 Brave displays their own ads on the websites you go. Do you know what this means?

They know exactly what websites you go at all times.

And still you can deactivate that function asshole. If you know about coding, you can even remove it from the browser.

Go back to your Mozilla hell and suck their smelling asshole.

Anyway, before i would use Chrome imitation browser Firefox i rather would use Brave, Vivaldi or Otter-Browser.

Hell, i rather would use crappy old IE before i would touch anything from Rape(Mo)Zilla

He have treetabs like in firefox?
If not, there is not even a chance that i will change.

Is it true that they will pay you in bitcoin to use their browser?