Anyone hyped for this?

Anyone hyped for this?
indiegogo.com/projects/unaphone-zenith-secure-and-private-smartphone#/

>Smartphone
>Secure and private
Pick one

Same exact smartphone slab as always.

Why should anyone give a shit?

Well this looks like a better alternative then doing all this stuff manually. Basically a chance for normies to get into privacy. But its a smartphone so of course its not perfectly secure.

The only thing I really need from Gapps is push notifications and there are no alternatives unfortunately

>Normies
>Caring about privacy
Pick one

>cares about privacy as much as I do
lmao like I care about that freetard propaganda

This
All they think about when they find out about Jewgle services is "so cool and free. Google are so kind"

>Finally, a phone that values your privacy and data as much as you do
>runs android, an "operating system" made by a fucking advertising company
into the trash it rightfully will go

It's useless for me since I always use the gapps.

EDGY

What's the point of building all of this ``security" into a phone when the hardware is already backdoored?

All they did was customize Android so that all of the vulnerable shit was either thrown out or patched. It's like Kali for phones.

This doesn't do anything to preserve your privacy that you couldn't do yourself.

I'm not a pedophile or drug dealer, so, no

>privacy
>android
pick one.

It doesn't use Google services, so yeah, it can be private

>built on Spyware OS
>closed source
>unsubstantiated claims with no public audit

Who are they trying to fool here? Is this to try and get Sup Forums to switch to something potentially equally or more harmful than stock Android just because some page says it is safe.

I'm also a bit cautious due to the flexible funding. They keep every bit if it fails, but unless it meets the goal, they aren't obligated to release the product (and by gofundme ToS even give phones to the people who pledged for one).

So this could be a honeypot. Could be a scam. Could be 100% legitimate. Unless I can view the source and get a test model, I'll stay skeptical.

>built on an open source phone OS

FTFY

Kek it looks like a shit Nexus 5X rip off

>UnaOS, our proprietary modified Android operating system

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Built on doesn't mean that it is open source. It says proprietary right in the description. There are a few open source libraries and apps, but the whole platform is not open source which defeats the purpose entirely.

But the original comenteer said >built on Spyware OS

by which I assume he meant Android (since this proprietary fork is based on Android)

Which is wrong, since Android is completely open sourced and auditable

Android is not fully open source. Just part of the base software stack.

Android at its very core is open source, licenced under the Apache 2 licence (GPLv2 for the Linux bits)

Google then tacks on their own Google Services stuff and manufacturers add their own shit (all of which is proprietary)

But I could build Android for my Nexus 5 right now completely from source

I fucking died from cringe when he recieved the call.