You’re fucking dead, kiddo

What exactly can you do with someone's ip address?
I got threatened by someone just now that he has my ip address, I know he's full of shit, but it made me thinking.
How hard is to hack in someones pc with only ip and him having some kinds of firewall.

You can SWAT them so that their dog gets shot and they potentially die in the raid.

yeah I'm not from freedomland, so stuff like that don't happen here.

Same as having your home address.

He could show up at the door to grandma... or four dobermans and Chuck Norris. It all depends on your network and setup.

How exactly would you go about getting someones address with an ip, also if you have a dynamic ip, does that change the situation?

afaik it's not possible to get home address from IP address unless police got permission to check because that IP address was used to do something illegal online.

He's saying it's the same as a burglar having a home address. Your IP will be traced back to your ISP. Just because they have it doesn't mean they can do shit. There are a finite number of ip addresses and someone could use something like mass scan to port scan every one.

Really, there's no way, even if you're Mr. Robot?

They could but you aren't worth it.

ITT: Retards trying to scare OP.

The only way he could get your address or personal data if your PC was actually vulnerable, your router is misconfigured or has strange ports forwarded and you have active and vulnerable applications running on your PC that listen to those ports. Then it's theoretically possible he could exploit that software to access your personal data.

He is not going to get your address from the police because he knows your IP, and even if he claimed that you did something illegal the police wouldn't tell HIM the address. There's no way for him to get your address from your IP on his own, except if the ISP is completely incompetent and they somehow hand it out to him without proper reason (huge scandal in the making).

The only thing he could potentially do to you, provided that your PC isn't vulnerable, or it is vulnerable and your router is properly configured, is to claim that you did something illegal/bad and report it to your ISP and get you into temporary trouble.

t. not a retard and someone smarter than people in this thread

Yeah I thought pretty much this, but thought, maybe I learn something new with this thread.
The funnies thing is that he somehow got my ip over FB chat.

maybe he's lying. It is possible to do that tho.

Did you check if it's actually your IP? Did you open any links provided by him? It's really easy to get access to your IP if you open internet resources that he has access to: e.g. own webserver hosting an image or something like that.

I honestly doubt that facebook's chat is peer-to-peer -- actually I am positive it isn't. So unless there's some strange security vulnerability in the chat application or you used some strange facebook app, I find that unlikely.

yeah if he worked in FB

I'm not a complete retard, the thing is the dude is paranoid as fuck, and he tried to scare me this way, but when I started joking about navy seal pasta and shit he blocked me, no he didn't phish me, i didn't click on any links

>didn't click on any links
>got your ip address
literally how?

He might also have gotten your IP through another avenue, but claimed to have done it via Facebook because he didn't want you to know and subsequently take care of the vulnerability.

he said he's a web designer by profession, and he has tools and programs and shit

No, you are at fault for this. There's no way to get your IP address via facebook chat, I'm sure.

Unless it's possible to embed really small images into text messages? Is it possible that he embedded an image from a custom resource in one of his messages that was invisible to you and automatically loaded by the facebook chat software?

that's a load of bullshit
you must have given something up to him
there isn't a tool to find your ip address out of thin air

>Unless it's possible to embed really small images into text messages? Is it possible that he embedded an image from a custom resource in one of his messages that was invisible to you and automatically loaded by the facebook chat software?
I don't think facebook would allow such trivial shit, also even if there was a way to do that, the facebook servers sit in the middle of the chat, so all he got would be facebook's IP.

That would only be the case if facebook actually download the embedded image first to their own servers and then hosted it for the duration of the chat.

I thought more along the lines of linking something random and the JavaScript having something like an "auto-image embed feature", which would have caused his browser to automatically download and display the image inline.

What am I at fault for?

he's full of shit and doesn't have anything

you're fucked op, enjoy the ass rape

and exactly why would I get ass raped?

Hack me you fucking spergs

because you're soft, and that's what happens to soft manlets in prison.

This will of course follow this 1337 haXX0r burying gigs of cp deep inside your hd then routing all your tcp traffic through a known cp server.

fuck you

>implying anyone can handle this ass

I will milk you dry faggot

Hackerman can watch traffic associated with your IP and know what youre up to.

Id rather bang your sister that's using the 1.1 :^)

That's my mom dummy

>SWAT teams can be used as personal armies where the victim will probably get shot and killed
LAND OF THE FREE! HOME OF THE BRAVE!

Is she hot?

She's dead.

what happened?

Car accident.
Someone sped a red light and crashed into her.

The driver was an alcohol

Kill yourself, autistic little europig. Jealous that you come from 3rd world shithole europig? Just die, faggot. SWAT are heroes and that has not happened. Please hang yourself. Fucking die.

fuck user, that sucks

Hacked, expect pizza in 15 minutes :')

>be amerilard dog
>get shot

All that faggot would do is project his insecurities at you.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.