256GB on microSD

Where's your god now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-64GB-Evo-Plus-micro-SD-SDXC-Class-10-80MB-s-UHS-I-Memory-Card-Galaxy-S5-/161986846902?nav=SEARCH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are the god op

You are the god op

Pretty nice. I can hide my entire anime collection up my ass and not even feel it.

256GB of an unstable kind of storage memory that will kick the bucket and corrupt itself without warning in less than a year.
Oh boy, I'm really excited.

didnt lg say they support 1/2TB sdcards, and everyone was like 'what?'

My dad loves buying big storage for portable devices, so he'll love this.

I'm sure if he knew how to fucking organize his shit he would not even need 128gb but the fucker just doesn't learn

What's the write endurance on micro SD cards like these days? I'm a little weary about buying an expensive 256GB card if it won't last a long long time.

>buy two 128GB microSD cards
>buy a dual microSD-to-USB3.0 adapter
>have the same amount of storage for about half the price in a package not too small to lose, but not too big to be cumbersome
C U C K E D

>Carry around an autistic adapter just to use your storage device

Fuck off retard.

Memory address limits have always been way higher than the amount of memory that's available at the time

>samshit
>not a 256gb shark
not interested

You're thinking of Sandisk. The Samsung ones are actually quite nice.

Update for their small flash drive when?

Have you looked up the price on that Samsung microSD?

Not him but what does it cost

They aren't measured in write endurance because it wouldn't tell you anything. The flash in SD cards is at least 100x more durable than ssd nand flash. As for the actual rating, Samsung rates them at 10,000 mating cycles (aka removing and inserting the card).

Tl;Dr the connectors wear out before the flash

$250 MSRP

>The EVO Plus 256GB raises the bar for capacity and performance of microSD cards thanks to Samsung’s advanced V-NAND technology, offering high read and write speeds of up to 95MB/s and 90MB/s, respectively.
Holy fuck, Samsung just took a giant shit on Sandisk.

They've been killing it for a few years, the pro cards are over 100mb/s

>his anime collection is that small
Pathetic, kouhai. My backlog alone is over 400GB, and I have 3.7TB of shows archived.

Basically they will outlive you. Modern microsd cards have good wear leveling and at least 1,000 write cycles of endurance (ie 128TB for a 128GB mlc nand microsd.

However this new samsung microsd card uses vnand which means it will have more write endurance.

>only 4TB
I have 16TB of files. I'm not even sure how much of it is anime. I've never watched any of them.

Amazing, last I checked Sandisk had issues cramming only 200gb into a micro sd.

The LG G4 take 2TB of expansion. WHERE ARE THEY

No, and I don't care, because I'm not a poorfaggot like you.

spotted the retards

>can't even stuff a few dozen μSD up the bunghole
That's pretty sad, desu. What are you even doing with your life? You otta consider self termination, family.

>having money and spending it wisely
>pretending to have money and spending borrowed money poorly
The price on this microSD will drop by at least 40%. It's dumb to buy one now.

Bullshit. My sansdisk 8gb mSD failed in about 6 months and my 200gb failed in 4 months. My 200gb had like 2gbs of photos on it and was rarely ever used and still failed

Because they were doing it with mlc nand. Samsung used v-nand(tm) for this card. This also means more bad news for Sand dick because 16TB of v-nand have already been crammed in a 2.5" SSD by Samsung so we will soon see 320 and 480 GB microsd cards soon.

Sandisk better step it up if they want to stay relevant.

I wonder why SanDisk products are always too expensive and shoddy.

Then you got a bad chip, sorry to hear that. But generally modern high capacity microsd cards will outlive you.

ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-64GB-Evo-Plus-micro-SD-SDXC-Class-10-80MB-s-UHS-I-Memory-Card-Galaxy-S5-/161986846902?nav=SEARCH

Is this good?

I didnt know I was buying jewish shit. Thank god I bought samsung as my 2nd 128gb. It hurts to buy jewtel already :^)

Get a 64gb Mixza shark instead

No. NEVER buy microsd cards from ebay. You've been warned.

Go away Ivan.
Pretty obvious stuff here.

NEVER buy meme chink shit either unless you want corrupted data after a few weeks either. Stick with trusted name brands like samsung/patriot.

Obviously I'll get it from a safer source but is that actual card worth getting? Is there a better 64gb?

Depends on needs. If you are using it for a nikon camera and want to capture raw 4k footage then uhs-3 is good else get a uhs-1 evo as they're cheaper but still have 20MB/s write speed which is more than enough for phones.

>Stick with trusted name brands like samsung/patriot.
>patriot

pls be a troll

Android M code make it crash if it detects more than 512GB as internal storage. Pray for N to remove that "self-defence".

They've already been confirmed to be working fine for months now and are thoroughly tested by chink shit gen.

O shit whaddup!

Patriot is generally a good microsd card manufacturer. All microsd card manufacturers will have a few bad chips. But generally brands like patriot and samsung will have very few bad cards that make it past quality control. Granted patriot is a cheaper brand than samsung so their cards should be trusted a little less.

nice consumerist meme goy
go buy now :DD

But they let more bad microsd cards purposely make it past quality control simply because they're dumb chink jews. Yes chink cards are cheaper which is enticing but you are gambling your money with them more than you would with name brand microsd manufacturers.

Honestly I view stuff like this as a reward for not getting an iPhone. As long as your android phone supports SDXC 128GB microsd cards then it's pretty much guaranteed to accept this one.

1 year ago I almost bought an iPhone 6 but instead got a Sony Z3. Best fucking decision ever.

More important is the fact that every card you'll buy will inevitably some slow-as-fuck card only capable of 10/MB per second.

Fuck best buy and fuck me for not researching and just using the bonus from buying my phone for that card

>256GB
Didn't some chinks promise 512GB last year?

They couldn't make a functional prototype. Unless you use v-nand like samshit does then abandon all hope of cramming more than 200GB on a microsd card. And because samshit is the only one who can use v-nand they will wipe the floor with a 320/480 GB microsd card next year too.

Fucking finally. Two of those and my Fiio x5 and I can finally carry around all my music.

>Proud of a 400GB backlog

Disgusting

>Only sold by 3rd parties on Amazon

wait a year and it'll be $50 with all the defects ironed out.

Just won't be enough. Way too many tranny vids this will last a few months tops before I need more storage

>54519402
Who are you quoting?

>put 10 in this
>instant 2.5TB SSD

>10*256GB
>10*$250
kek, you can buy 2 2TB 850 PROs and a 2TB 850 EVO for that money

Perfect, now I can use that as my laptops main storage and carry it on board with me, so when I cross the boarder they won't be able to read shit off it.

It has a 10 year warranty.

warranty doesn't protect against failure. it just means you get a freebie when it fails.

Usually still is read only when failing.

SanDisk is notoriously ripped off. Chances are you got a Chinese fake.

>backlog

Amazon, because I don't trust marketplace sellers

>$250 MSRP
Thenk yew.

Did LG chink me?

Don't reply if you are poor, please

Mfw the only micro sd cards to fail on me were transcend(all of 1 year), adata(not even 3 months) and a counterfeit sandisk that sort of worked but didn't keep any data on it(got it through amazon a long as time ago didn't use it for 2 months before i tried it so i got fucked)

Anyways i just don't buy flash memory from shitty sources and test it as soon as it is in my hands

I have multiple sandisk micro sd cards still up and running and I've had some for more than 4 years, a 16gb i got in like 2010 a 32 i got in 2012 and a 200gb i got last year

If you aren't swapping all the data on an off them all the time it's a non issue if you are you need to get ones rated for that kind of usage, chances are you are using the wrong product for your usage if that keeps happening to you and it doesn't matter which brand since all the consumer grade shit will fail with that kind of wear and tear

No, but the chinks might LG-d you.

>256 GB MicroSD
>1 CM X .75 CM X 1 MM
>$250

>1TB SSD
>2.75" X 3.9" X .3"
>$350

This company is full fucking jew or full fucking retard. This shit doesn't add up.

>samshill as fuck

wew lad, enjoy ur shit I/O speeds.

checkmate

I've had 2 MicroSD's from Sandisk and Samsung both die within months. The Samsung died a month after I bought it. The label on my new SD card is corrupted.

All microSD cards have a shit lifespan. You're lucky to get a long lasting one from any manufacturer.

How do you know if your card has died?
I have loads of sd card, even one of those 16 MB ones, but all of them still work

Is there some way i can detect?

Wouldn't it be faster than an HDD if those were in a RAID 0 type of a system?

just wait for the superior 256GB sharks

I care so much that I am leaving this thread and wont come back

Been thinking of grabbing one of these to install a linux distro on it.

Why? I have a netbook with a pretty shitty slow 8gb SSD. I can't just switch it easily. Do you think this could work?

fucking dropped
well that and the last two I got from them went bad
but definitely dropped

If they are no longer detected by anything, are corrupted and unrecoverable, or any time you format them the "files" re-appear instantly (Ran out of write cycles).

Yeah it will work but access times will be slower than the SSD.

Really? It's a real slow SSD. Like last time I checked it read files at 20mb/s or something like that.

every top tech company work in Israel f.am

If you're using any recent Intel CPU then you're using an Israel design

Putting an OS on a mSD card you are simply dumb my friend. Unless you do it on a shark for $10 for bantz, it's not worth it.

Have fun with it dying after 3 days if you plan to use it like you described

Not every tech company's founder is Jewish nor its original incorporation in Israel.

There won't be any chinkshit 200GB microsd cards, at least not real ones. Sandisk could barely cram 200GB of mlc nand on a microsd card, it was sweating bullets.

Nobody has access to to v-nand except samsung so expect samsung to have a monopoly on microsd cards with more than 200GB of capacity.

Also fuck whatever chink brand you're shilling, stop encouraging people to have all of their precious data corrupted after a few weeks.

>he literally buys stuff produced in china also but dosent know about it

>he literally buys the same shit but more expensive because of jewish middle hands

>>he literally buys stuff produced in china also but dosent know about it
They are produced in china but not designed there einstein.

>>he literally buys the same shit but more expensive because of jewish middle hands
I buy them because they're more reliable. Fact is I bought one of those 32GB chinkshit microsd turds for shits and giggles. Guess what? Fucking corrupted microsd card after 2 weeks. kys. None of my samsung evos have ever become corrupted, and I've bought over 4 of them.

this damn evo+ has different voltage and it will not work properly with raspberry pi

Another reason not to buy them. Why not just buy a used chinkpad instead of a raspberry pie? Aren't the i3 variants less than $100 on ebay?

>he didnt do any research

>he keeps shilling for the gooks and jews

>he's wasting a ton of money

Owned at least 20 MicroSD cards over the years and the only ones I've ever had shit out are SanDisk..

Because fuck chinkpads

lack of gpio, size and its loud

Thats a problem with the rPi, not the SD card.

Toshiba also manufactures 3D stacked NAND cells, and they sell it to everybody. They're just using it primarily in enterprise and embedded. All Samsung has done is let it trickle down sooner.