4K / 60p High speed display in 60 frames per second of 4K video (3,840 x 2,160 pixels - Ultra HD)...

>4K / 60p High speed display in 60 frames per second of 4K video (3,840 x 2,160 pixels - Ultra HD), which has four times the resolution of Full Hi-vision, for highly detailed videos with extremely smooth movement.

>10-bit gradation Previous Blu-ray Discs displayed the colour signals (Y, Cb, Cr) in 8-bit gradation each (256 gradations). By expanding this to 10-bit gradation each (1,024 gradations), even minute signals can be faithfully reproduced to realize richly textured video.

>High Dynamic Range A technology that drastically expands the brightness peak from the previous 100 nit to 1,000-10,000 nit, marking a significant leap in the dynamic range of the picture. Bright light sources (e.g. lights or rays of the sun) and reflected light (from metal or water) that up to now were difficult to display can now be shown in rich textures.

>BT.2020 wide colour gamut Compliant with the ITU-R BT.2020 wide colour gamut signal formulated for 4K/8K broadcasting. Enables vividly rich coloration not previously possible on Blu-ray discs (BT.709 standard).

>HEVC (H.265) / 100Mbps Support for the highest 100Mbps video signal using the latest high-efficiency video compression technology. Compression efficiency and high bit rate far beyond previous Blu-ray discs (MPEG-4/AVC (H.264), maximum 40Mbps) enabling outstanding playback of high quality video with 4K/60p/10bit, High Dynamic Range, BT.2020, etc.

What's the cheapest cpu or cpu/gpu combo that will play the latest bluray spec?

I'll stick wkgh 480p release

probably an 4690K and a GTX 960

>using a computer to play a blu ray

just get a real blu ray player you fucking nerd, but i bet you would watch something like that at a desk on a 4k computer monitor anyways, in which case fuck off

Remember superbit dvds? Normies didn't care and now all we have are rereleases of subpar encoding methods used (compare matrix revolutions Bluray to the hd dvd)

>What's the cheapest cpu or cpu/gpu combo that will play the latest bluray spec?+ 0 post omitted.
anything with hardware h.265, so like a skylake i3

>thanks yify a10 v10

>what are htpcs

htpcs are meant to play digital video stored on a nas or locally, you are better off saving the money spent on buying blu ray software to purchase a dedicated player

You can find a CPU/GPU. But good luck paying for a 10bit 4K BT.2020 monitor.

Tfw 7970 and 8350 so cant into blu ray

Do you need new drives to play 4k?

Get a bd player, bd in pc is dead since ever.

But what about bluray ISO rips?

Doesn't mean you can't put a blu ray drive in it

You need a new BR player to playback to new 4K/UHD stuff.

IIRC the new BR players support HEVC which was pretty much required to fit such a large movie on 25/50gigabyte discs

Right now for PCs the bottteneck is HEVC, it is just too cpu intensive, maybe at at lower bitrates sure, but at higher ones things slow down to a crawl.

>yify

Those are some high-definition titties. I'm popping a 4K chubby.

I didn't expect to kek on g...
Thanks mate.

>movie
>60fps
if only

>there are no bluray drives
wew

>>movie
fps
>if only

This.
I looked on all trackers, and there is nothing besides 24fps.

Hobbit movies were shot at 48fps.. Can't find a true 48fps of it though since current blurays dont support 48fps so nobody would be able to rip it... No web release either.

/thread

works great on my 2500k
and with igpu
wtf