Thoughts? will it succeed? or will it flop?

Thoughts? will it succeed? or will it flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

bytemedev.com/the-gtx-780-ti-sli-end-of-life-driver-performance-analysis/
gamegpu.com/rpg/rollevye/fallout-4-test-gpu.html
gamegpu.com/rpg/rollevye/fallout-4-beta-patch-1-3-test-gpu.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it'll probably do good. unless AMD pulls something better or they all explode in everyone's computer, it'll probably do good.

> do good
Do well.

A gaymer card for poorfags.

Anyone with self-respect will wait for the Ti.

>10% more powerful 980ti with slightly better async
Overclocking will be impressive but its really nothing new

Wait for volta if you have a 980 or better

>Nvidia GPU
>flop
Did you think you were posting an AMD card or something?

this

If my GPU wasn't six years old I would wait, but I'm done with waiting.

its gonna be weaker than the 980 ti at launch. Nvidia will freak out over it and patchnerf the 980 Ti for awhile till they release more efficient drivers for it, then the 980 ti may or may not be restored and then the 1080 will still only have like a 5-10% lead on the 980 Ti.

the 1080 Ti, if there even will be one (Doubtful) will probably beat the 980 Ti by 15-20% tops.

I guess I really lucked out getting an R9 290 in early 2014 for $215

More than two years later and there still isn't a $200 card that can beat it

Moore's law is coming to an end

>I like making stuff up

Whaaat? Nvidia don't gimp their older generation cards to make their new ones look better than they actually are, right?

Same here, I have a 670 and I want something new already

yet another one of these threads, gotta keep the "awareness" at a high lvl right?

>Will it flop?
yeah, it'll flop.

gflop, that is.

Nvidia doesn't seem to gimp previous card performance despite what conspiritards repeat. bytemedev.com/the-gtx-780-ti-sli-end-of-life-driver-performance-analysis/

As long as it doest have coil whine its fine by me.

780ti in recent driver updates fallout 4 benchmarks show it performs worse than a 390x even though it should easily win at 1080p(even an AMD guy like me knows this)

They have gimped the 780ti over last few driver releases it /is/ a thing and another reason after a decade using nvidia inmay never go back.

gamegpu.com/rpg/rollevye/fallout-4-test-gpu.html
gamegpu.com/rpg/rollevye/fallout-4-beta-patch-1-3-test-gpu.html

The problem is most people don't bother benchmarking games after they've been out for this long.

>A gaymer card for poorfags.

how is that?
simply buy this one, have fun with it for at least 6 months and sell it after 1080TI/Titan announcement

Considering it doesn't have any competition it will succeed.

>280X beating 780 Ti

??? My 670 4gb plays everything on high to ultra still. Youre doing something wrong bud

It'll FLOP
9 x 10^12 times per second, to be precise

>everything on high or ultra

I have a 770. Maybe if you're only playing games like DotA or CSGO.

I average at 45 fps in Witcher 3 with tweaked settings. I get maybe 60 in some caves and that's it.

Hell, even Dragon's Dogma drops to the 50s or less outside of Gransys.

Besides, these new cards are great if you own a 120hz monitor and want to play the majority of your games on a framerate suited for those.

Shit, I meant Gran Soren of course.

>le gimped cards meme

kill yourself tinfoil faggot

>what is the 480

Here it is boys. Benchmark at 2.1 ghz

>if you wait 9 months you will get a better card
But if you wait another 9 months there will be a better card out.
Oh but what about the better card released a year after that?
Better wait forever and never buy any tech product, then.

didn't the same website leak benchmarks shortly before the announcement that claimed it's about the same or even a bit weaker than the 980 ti?

fuck this site and the false information they keep spewing out. I'll wait for a credible source.

I don't think so, no.

>20% OC gives 20% better synthetic results
Surprise!

When will people realize that cherry picked press samples OC a lot better than the cards you can actually buy in stores?

>not arranging your gpus on the wall as trophies'

poorfags confirmed.

4870 x2 was the only card I didnt sell because it looked too good at that time. :(
It's still laying besides my mirror.

Non-poorfags are on the Ti cycle.

should i sell my 390 and save for new gpu's?

Is it really that necessary to wait for the ti? I have a 760 and wanted to upgrade to a 980ti but I've waited until this generation and am dying to upgrade, how much longer is it typically before the ti comes out?

it's not gonna come out for another half a year at least.

super non poor fags upgrade for every incremental increase

>110% faster than a stock 980 with an overclock

Nice. This card has good oc potential with just an 8 pin as well. Can't wait to see how the board partner overclocking cards perform.

If the 1070 gets anything like this performance over a 970 I'm sold.

I'm still on that 670 buzz.

Looks like it could be upgrade time. Although not like there is any game that needs it

>ti cycle
>the poorfags you hate so much will have a faster card than you for at least 9 months

I think I can probably wait that long, the 760 is fine for 1080p at the moment, Ive been a poorfag all my life until now so I want to build the best, i7 and 16gb of ram maybe. It won't just be for gaming, it'll also be my work station for developing games.

>Sup Forumsermin would rather be early adopters and take the nvidia dick when they know full-well that nvidia is going to need to do damage control to the 10XX cards within the month and will release versions a month later that run cooler/faster

Which card should I get for 1440p 144 Hz gaming?

gonna need a powerful rig for developing that sweet retro hipster chip tune game

>unironically buying memevidia cards
what the literal fuck is wrong with you people?

Kek, we have to start somewhere, we are planning on getting a vive between us and developing games for that by the end of summer though

Only morons who have more money than brain cells buy videocards that cost more than $300 for gaming only.

I'm waiting for Polaris or Vega; they'll either have better performance/price, or they'll force a huge pricedrop or a better priced new card in response. Then I can make a proper decision on whichever to buy.

And on that note, I'd rather buy a new SSD instead... it'd give a way bigger increase in everyday productivity, eg. it would be more worth it.

>poorfag detected

Just kidding. I've never spent more than $240 on a graphics card. The diminishing returns on graphics cards after about $300 has always been way too pronounced for me to justify spending any more.

i like you.

I can't wait to upgrade from my 660

Thats exactly how I felt when I had less money. But now I'm just like fuck diminishing returns I can afford it

It will succeed for the targeted market.

There is no competition.

I am more interested in the GTX1070.

I hope it reaches GTX980 Ti performance.

I can return my 980ti within 23 days, but I need some gameplay benchmarks soon

> i
I

Any word on when partner cards for the 1080 are coming out? Nigabyte in particular, they're the best 3rd party I heard?

are they gonna do an upgrade program? only bought a dang 980ti around christmas

As always the 1070 will be the most important one.

Look at the 970, it is the most used card on steam.

If the 1070 can match the 980ti I might get one to replace my 780ti.

I'm not that interested in the 1080, too expensive for what it probably offers

It'll flop and bankrupt Nvidia.

Of course it's going to do well, you fucking moron.

>2.1 ghz

This can't be fucking real

What is this founders edition jewery?

Also why are they killing 4 way SLI? Is the SLI necessary when you are making a neural network out of four video cards? Is this a way to fuck those people over so Nvidia can jew them more or are they just acknowledging that it has no place in gaming.

It's so that people buy a Quadro card instead of simply getting gaming cards in SLI for workstation loads.

Oh it will flop............

....it will TERAFLOP!

Both pascal and polaris will revolutionise the gpu market once they hit. The jump from 28nm o 1/14 nm FinFET is huge enough to make it a big leap in performance and efficiency. The architecture of these new cards may be complete garbage, but they'll still be strong because of the die shrink and node process.

Know how AMD and nvidia keep talking about how it'll bring 3x performance and 2x lowered wattage compared to previous generation? This is mostly due to FinFET.

>gigabyte

Kek

Nvidia cards shutdown if they notice they are in a virtual machine. I have wondered if that wasnt for the same reason. You can get around it but it costs you like 5% performance.

How is the architecture garbage? Pascal is basically Maxwell with some improvements and Maxwell was a fantastic architecture

I thought the Gigabyte 980 was the best one, no? Anyway, any word on partner cards?

>buying trophies
lmao look at this millennial here, never won anything in his life

When will I be able to buy a bunch of cheap 980ti's used so I can play with my own neural network?

Evga all the way. Partner cards should be out in a month or two from initial release

You misread my post. I was saying if the architectures were garbage, it's still a relatively safe purchase. These cards will dominate anything out in the gpu market right now. The 1080 was shown to have benchmarks similar to the radeon pro duo, which is a dual radeon nano put in one card running in crossfire. That's seriously impressive and is a testament of how amazing FinFET is over 28nm.

Ah I see
>The 1080 was shown to have benchmarks similar to the radeon pro duo
Source?

>tfw might actually buy a NEW gpu for the first time since my 560 ti
the only question is 490 or 1070

no OP, it won't flop unless it literally kills people. its performance may not by 2x980Ti like Nvidia implied, but it's still better and new, so it'll sell well

I'm looking to upgrade my 2gb 7850 in Q4 for battlefield :ww1. Hopefully amd has their selection by then. The card has held up damn well.

I actually can't find the article right now, weird. It released benchmarks of the 1080 OCed to 2.1 gh and it achieved a score of 7300 in firestrike or something like that, while the radeon pro duo got 7500 if I recall.

Nevermind.

490 imo. cheaper, will run anything you want a 1080p, assuming that's the resolution you want to run things at. it's not a high end card by any means, nor is the 1070, bu it'll work perfectly for 1080p.

>490
>for 1080p
I was hoping for 1440p at least. a 390x can destroy most games, if not all, at 1080p

Is it worth waiting? Or is the reference card usually fine?

well amd said that the 490 is aimed at high end gaming laptops and midrange dekstops, so i think 1080p would be the best resolution for this card considering 90% of laptops are 1080p. it'll probably perform decently in 1440p too, but don't try using it in 4k, it'll probably be unplayable.

It's very much worth waiting. The founder's edition is basically the card itself with no added features, but it just has a glossy, metal plate to make it look cooler. You are essentially paying $100 extra for a metallic backplate, which is a complete ripoff. The 3rd party cards will have more features, better coolers, backplates etc and be cheaper.

They already announced that it'd be overclockable to 2.1ghz

What's actually impressive is that according to EVGA's PrecisionX tool, the card only runs at 67°C while overclocked at 2.1ghz. Pic related.

>blurry a shit
>only 61fps
You gotta be kiding me.

R9 390

>no full DX12 featureset
trash, but fanboys will still buy it, so it won't fail financially

>talking out of your ass

>muh directx 12

I'm actually pro AMD but my god, AMD shills are the fucking worst. They never shut up about anything, even if it's something which has happened literal decades ago. I still see AMD fangays go "lel nvidia fermi housefire cards and woodscrews xdXD" when fermi was like what, 10 years ago? Holy fuck.

Wake me up when they've released 1180, I just bought a 970 because I got tired of waiting

The irony in this is that the latest AMD cards are literal house fire tier

it's already known that it only supports 12_1

>AMD shills
I've only ever had 1 ATi card. but I guess criticizing nvidia fuck ups makes me a shill, huh?

source

So the latest and most relevant feature level?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D

No, but criticizing fuck ups made 10 fucking years ago, makes you one.

>10 fucking years ago,
Nvidia cards being crippled by DX12 is 10 years ago?