Tfw still using a 60hz monitor

>tfw still using a 60hz monitor

i want to kill myself

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync#5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're a sad one.

Why? What's wrong with 60hz?

>"OH MY GOD THIS G-SYNC 144HZ MONITOR IS SO SMOOTH I CANT BELIEVE HOW PEOPLE CAN PLAY WITH THEIR SCREEN TEARING AND GHOSTING PLEB 60HZ MONITORS GHEEZ!!!"

I want it too

>falling for the 60hz+ meme
the human eye cant even see above 55fps idiot holy shit nobody fucking understands this.

stop

Do you play fps games?

If no, you don't need high hurtz.

Try lightboost.
Shit's so cash if your backlight can take the brightness hit.

where do you live?
do you want me to buy you one?

Do I need 144hz for programming and web browsing?

depends, how fast are you typing?

I don't play games, so it would be pretty useless for me

Noo progaming requires bettet frequency 200Hz as the code will be too powerfull for such a weak monitor

I play with vsync on because I don't like tearing. I don't care that I'm running at 60fps at all. It's fine.

well i must be half reptile i can spot a level of smoothness at 75 anymore and its hard to

Not him but I'll take one friendo

Close enough.
(Most) videogames don't run above 60fps, so yeah depending on what you play it can be a problem.
My face turned to shit on trying to play command and conquer games on my 144hz monitor.

OP.

I used to have a 120hz monitor. I had it for 5 years. Its quality was mostly shit except for the refresh rate. I upgraded to a monitor with a better resolution and such and I have to tell you that I don't really miss it that much. For a few games sure, but that's a tiny fraction of what I do on my computer. Some games are even framerate locked or don't reach such framerate anyways.

It's okay as I use my iiyama 60hz for console gaming anyway.

do you actually need one though?
what's your current setup?

I overclocked my monitor to 70hz. Thank you based AMD.

whats that got to do with amd?

i have an asus 144hz monitor and i enjoy how smooth it is. there isn't a huge advantage to having one unless you're playing competitively though.

not him but I do. I somehow got my way to an i7 and 980ti but the 1080p 60hz shit is kinda sad by comparison.

the human eye can't even see more than 06 frames per second.

doesn't sound like you really need the help, mate.

>he doesn't use a smooth-scrolling browser
>he doesn't even notice not being
S M O O T H
M
O
O
T
H

I literally traded old furniture and random ass shit plus basically pocket change to get where i am. a few resales of part. and this one dude selling his 980ti for 300 DOLLARS I SHIT YOU NOT. I've been wanting a comp like this for the last 5 years but now that I do this goodwill tn screen makes it all for not.

Just overclock your monitor

Well if you got that hardware a 250 bucks 144hz monitor isnt really out of your reach now is it?

>Tfw nobody making 96hz or 120hz monitors
>it's either $200 for 60hz or $600 for 144hz
I don't play counter strike meme offensive, I just want something better than the bare minimum

see
I mean if I jew around for another 6-8 months(im not gonna settle for 1080p if im gonna bust my ass some more) I can do it but that shit is tedious as fuck. Im gonna do it if I have to but I just want to feel the premium memes of my PC sooner than later.

Find an overclockable 60 hz monitor.

Going to buy overwatch.

amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync#5

>have 120hz monitor
>use retroarch
>black frame interpolation

They're all dvi only Korean garbage

Half of those monitors haven't been released, the other half the specs aren't correct

Right now you have to choose between a 1440p 144hz ips with horrible back light bleed or a great 4k panel stuck at 60hz

I'm waiting for 120hz 4k with displayport 1.3

Man, it sucks to have a monitor that's just almost similar to one of those models, except for the fucking freesync support.

I bet my ass a firmware update or something would work.

notch will you buy me one. I live 5 min from you

You don't even need it for videogames

Iktf

So wait you people are like technology junkies who want to spend hard earned money just to be in [CURRENT YEAR/TREND]. You are no better then liberals.

If you don't buy and use new technology on to have cutting edge advantage over your opposing competition its useless.

Go spend your mommas bux somewhere else.

>overwatch
>shooter

unless you play competitive fps why the fuck would you want a 144hz monitor?

good luck getting 140fps+ in newer games anyway you will need a beastly PC sli 980ti's or two fury's at least

Not to meantion if you want a 2560x1440 or 4k 144hz setup its like 4grand+ for the gpu's alone atm

Even 2 titans can barely get to 2560x1440 120fps let alone 4k 60

Refresh rates for gaming especially high fps over 140hz refresh rate is a fucking meme

>TFW there is no GPU that can handle 4K@60Hz so far

A single gtx 980 runs 1440p 144hz just fine in plenty of recent games and most old games as long as you're not an idiot who wants to max every slider and effect in the game's graphics settings

Except for all the GPUs that handle 4K@60Hz

>he doesn't overclock his 60hz monitor into 75hz or 80hz

144hz truly is worth the price

so
>i got a shitty monitor that happened to be 120hz
>i then got a better monitor that happened to be 60hz
>i have concluded that the difference does not matter because i do not know how to unlock framerate limits in video games

With 60 min FPS? Please show me. Did you steal a Volta GV100 prototype?

>
>well i must be half reptile i can spot a level of smoothness at 75 anymore and its hard to
Does that skill has ever give you any money? How profitable is it?

144hz is definitely nice but I would trade mine for a nice high res screen instead.

I don't mind 60hz monitors, but why the fuck are 100+hz so bullshit priced? IPS is dropping in price, it it's about time 100+hz does too