/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Old thread: For questions that don't deserve their own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/p/ZZYmf7
stackoverflow.com/q/150033
microcenter.com/product/457260/GQ_750_Watt_80_Gold_Semi_Modular_ATX_Power_Supply
pcpartpicker.com/p/6LdznQ
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anyone running tt-rss on a really shitty vps? does it need lots of cpu for regularly fetching, let's say, 150 feeds?

So I wanna get a monitor that 'converts' anything I watch into smooth 120fps and above. I know on my 120hz TV there's this smooth motion button.
Like I need a 4k monitor 144hz that upscale everything to 4k and make all the videos I watch 'butter' smooth wether it'd be from YouTube or animu or anything basically..
What brand and model is recommendation for my requirements?

You're referring to frame interpolation.

This is not possible without a processor calculating what comes between two frames.

In the case of a television, this means there is a slight lag in the video vs audio, which is not very noticeable from so far away on such an imprecise screen.

You can do things like this with specific programs.

Look up SVP (Smooth Video Project).

It works quite well for what you're doing, but will only apply to movies/shows.

That kind of interpolation is done by a computer with specialized chips inside the tv. I'm not aware of any desktop monitors that do it on their own. You can get a long HDMI cable and connect your pc to your tv, and be sure to set overscan correctly.

I find that stuff jarring and prefer to look at the real frames longer.

Is their a low power mode i can put my desktop in for when im just torrenting on windows? like i want to leave it on over night but dont want to draw that much pwoer

You could easily customize a power settings.

Start => Power Options

got it to work by saving everything as query, and then getting their values from a third query.

does the job :)

But now I have another problem, this is the last one!

the table TRANS – it includes 900 records and only 4 columns from the table REG. Try to produce a table like TRANS_YER:
- it has 4 columns:
= DEG_CODE: scientific codes (only these – 101, 102, 103 and 104)
= Y2007: the year 2007
= Y2006: the year 2006
= Y2007: the year 2005
- and it has 4 rows:
= 101
= 102
= 103
= 104
Xi, Yi and Zi, i = 1,2,3,4, have the following meaning:
X1 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 101 in the year 2007;
Y1 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 101 in the year 2006;
Z1 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 101 in the year 2005;
. . .
X4 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 104 in the year 2007;
Y4 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 104 in the year 2006;
Z4 = the number of persons, received the scientific degree with a code 104 in the year 2005;

with one query I get the first column for the TRANS_YER, but can't insert it with:

UPDATE TRANS_YER, TASK7_Y2005
SET TRANS_YER.Y2005 = [TASK7_Y2005].[COUNT]
WHERE (((TRANS_YER.DEG_CODE)=[TASK7_Y2005].[CODE]));

On android how do I set a text alert sound for a group chat instead of the individual contacts?

I'd like to hear from Google Drive users. In particular, those who've tried to back up their Calibre (ebook) database into their Drive storage.

I saw a lot of complaints and warnings from 2012-2013 talking about how Google Drive breaks Calibre libraries by automatically renaming files that have numeric strings in parentheses at the end of the filename. I don't see any of those complaints from the last two years, though, and my own preliminary tests indicate that it doesn't happen anymore.

Can someone confirm or deny that automatic renaming of files with numeric strings within parentheses at the end of filenames doesn't happen anymore?

Whats a good torrent client to use. I usd to have utorrent but I've heard bad stuff on it.

That depends on your SMS application's capabilities, of course.

I use Deluge on Windows. Used to use uTorrent, and then ads everywhere.

uTorrent 2.3 is still fine, IIRC.

uTorrent 2.2.1, a legacy version, is generally considered acceptable.

I'm assuming you're on Windows? If so, then, well, nothing. I've had so much goddamn trouble with shoddy ports of Linux clients. Transmission, Qbittorrent, Deluge, all had way more issues than they ever should.

If you're on Mac or Linux, though, the world's your oyster. You can pretty much take your pick, they're all good.

That just seems to have a "balanced mode" this is for a desktop. I was thinking like turning the gpu off, powering down hdds that arent in use, and not using as much system resources. Also like turning off all windows processes that arent in use or something like that

Literally click the advanced settings button.

Deluge is good, alyhough its 32 bit so idk if youll want to use it.

Nah its 2.2.1, not 2.3. It potentially has vulnerabilities so its not a good idea to use it

I have mobile broadband through virgin mobile, with a 6 year old 3g modem. Ive had it since 2008, and I have unlimited usage each month, which is grandfathered (they don't offer it anymore). It's the best internet available where I live, so I don't want to give it up.

But my connection has gone to shit in the past six months, and in the past few weeks its barely even connecting. Rain does cause it to go slower, and it's been rainy lately, but its never been this bad before.

Do I need a new modem? Is that likely even my problem?

Or is virgin just being a pile of rotten douchebags because I have unlimited for 40 bucks a month?

>54530366
pretty sure youre on a laptop or all in one

CLICK CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS YOU MONGOLOID

DID YOU EVEN TRY TO CLICK THAT

yes, and it has no settings like i talked about, theyre nothing like what im talking about

Are you on a netbook?

It's just virgin trying to get rid of you

Are you absolutely sure?

You can throttle your CPU from those options, and some GPU drivers allow a Minimum/Maximum performance setting.

no, a desktop. The settings arent specific enough or relating to what im talking about. I already said that though (assuming your the same person)

Is there a private server / crack of clash of clans (infinite gems) idm if its unofficial servers

Is this true?

I'm building my first pc. I haven't decided on a gpu and will get one later in Aug/Sept when the dust settles for Polaris/Pascal. I want to get started on the build now and will just use the igpu for the meantime. Here are my questions:
1. Is this a good build?
2. Will I see any comparability issues with either Polaris or Pascal?
3. Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this is the next few weeks and have it already built in anticipation for the new gpus?

pcpartpicker.com/p/ZZYmf7

Dont build now, wait. Also new gpus wont actually bring a whole lot, see if this gens are ono sale soon

maybe

Ill give duluge a try thanks guys.

What would cause a fixed width font,not be fixed width when it renders?

Why should I wait though? I don't see any of those parts becoming cheaper in the next 8 weeks, and it would be really fun for me to start my build and begin getting the software I need. If you can give me a good reason to I will wait, but I can't see one right now.

I'm almost %100 going to be getting a new gpu though. I'm going to be using it with a vive and the new gpus will see much higher vr performance compared to current ones.

>leave 2nd PC on running a password finding program while out getting gifts
>come back, it's 100C average
>passwords per second was 24, down from 33

And that's how my story ends. My PC finally became so overburden that I could no longer rely on it to run without over heating. I would never find the password for the file my friend gave to me so many years ago. The contents that was so important that my friend gave me will never be known to me, because as far as the rest of the world is concerned, truecrypt is unbreakable until quantum computers become mainstream apparently.

I'm getting random crashes from my gpu when in games or just doing low performance shit like browsing the web or watching movies.
>display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered
I tried a bunch of stuff, (power management settings, remove and clean install of drivers, make sure the physical computer is clean and free of dust) that didn't work and ended up just reinstalling windows. that didn't fix it either. I couldn't find a chipset driver for my motherboard only the audio, lan, usb3.0 and sata drivers(I even tried amd's auto detect utility and it said it didn't find any supported hardware.)
Has amd stopped supporting this mb?
Is my gpu fried?
Am I fucked?
Should I install gentoo onto my raspberry pi and use that in place of a desktop?

How dou block unicode characters in 4chanx?

>a 6 year old modem
>Ive had it since 2008
I've got some bad news for you...
>pic

stackoverflow.com/q/150033

When did the problem start happening? Did you update the nvidia drivers before hand? You might need to downgrade.Your board came out some time in 2014,id imagine its end of life support.
Future reference,asrock is shitty.

>which is not very noticeable from so far away on such an imprecise screen.
the distance and resolution has nothing to do with it, it's not an issue for TV broadcasts or dvd/bluray inputs as latency doesn't affect them

If it isnt encoded in the frame rate you want,there is nothing you can do. You can upscale/downscale.But if it was shot in 24.5/58.5 there is nothing you can do

>When did the problem start happening? Did you update the nvidia drivers before hand?
I think it started a little bit after installing the 365.10 update from nvidia. I'll try downgrading. thanks

it's probably a picture of his penis

How many java programs would use 32gb of ram?

Anybody read "Big Data" by Nathan Marz and James Warren?

Have couple more hours to buy it for 50% price, I could happily increase my knowledge in that subject but I don't know if that book is worth noticing.

Not sure if this fits here, but what userstyle do you guys use for Sup Forums? I can't seem to find any that look good

microcenter.com/product/457260/GQ_750_Watt_80_Gold_Semi_Modular_ATX_Power_Supply

How is this PSU? Am I overpaying or is it fine? (I can get it online for like 20 dollars cheaper but rather just buy it in store so I don't have to wait)

I have an acer switch Aspire 10, and I'm trying to put windows 10 on it (I don't want 10, I just hate W8)

Every time I try to upgrade "something goes wrong" I've tried the normal way, I've tried the media installation tool, I've tried a bunch of other shit, and "Something went wrong" halfway through always.

I figure this shouldn't be difficult, but maybe I just have brain problems.

pcpartpicker.com/p/6LdznQ

Any feedback?
Replace the 980 ti with a 1080
If the 1080 Ti comes before Xmas, thats what I gonna buy

Download it and read the first 2 pages of each chapter

Deluge user here, it's brilliant and I won't use anything else.

if you're a waifufag and can't into CSS, minmascot for Sup Forums, replace default miku with your waifu. ezpeezee

But seriously, I use the tomorrow style that Sup Forums has by default. If you browse here late at night, it's not as bad on the eyes since it's a lot darker.

Its over priced there.Get it 40 bucks cheaper if you just fucking google its name

Midnight surfing global dark

What software can I use for saving music from youtube as mp3?

Forgot the name of the software I used until now.

That's actually a great hint.
I can even order it now, keep it in my basket for a day before paying and decide after reading more.

Thanks user.

Literally google the album name + zippyshare
Change zippyshare for another hosts

youtube-dl

Doesn't work so nice for Japanese music from people no one ever heard of or osts from games and anime.

There are Japanese websites that share that.
Mostly on m4a format purchased from iTunes but still better than a youtube rip.

Why is my motherboard hotter than an easy bake oven?

Or just use nya.see

This desu senpai

What's the best way to get a job as a sysadmin or something along those lines? Thinking like CCNA, maybe MCSE. Idk which certs would be good or even if certs are the best way to go about it so looking for some advice.

youtube-dl, but don't convert to mp3, youtube doesn't use mp3, so you'd be doing a lossy-lossy conversion

youtube-dl -f bestaudio

I know it's sad but yesterday I got an Android device for the first time

Does anyone have Android app suggestions?

Bad sensor.Open your case and see if it is molten

>I know it's sad

The only sad thing in your post is your opinion.

Work on your, CCENT, CCT.and find a small job somewhere,while you get educated.

I have an i5-2500k on a H77 board.

Microcenter just put i5-6600ks on sale along with Z170 boards. I can do a 6600k and an AsRock DDR3 board for 325 with state sales tax. Is it worth it? I'm leaning towards yes. But I want a sanity check.

Most people in their mid 20's where I live has owned a cellphone for a long time

I downgraded to 364.72 (it was released a month and a half ago long before I had this problem) and it's still crashing.
might just be time for me to upgrade

Is ftp.installgentoo.com dead or has the new password just not been sent out?

>youtube-dl
Is there an alternative?
Last time I couldn't get this to work, it now crashes in the first second for some reason.

let me guess, you're on windows, and double-clicking it just flashes cmd.exe

It does, and it didn't the last time I tried.

I did a screen though and it says "error you need to provide at least one URL"

Oh I thought you were implying you were switching over from another phone type, and were unhappy about it.

Pls fogive.

Zedge is pretty good if you want custom ringtones / notification sounds and stuff.

oh wait I had to do this via cmd right?

it's a command line program, you need open cmd, and run it from there (or from another program/script)
i recommend using "open with" for firefox, and using that to launch it

trying to delete this missing file what am i doing wrong?

Go buy my album you fucking twat.

ah got it just had to replace rmdir with del thanks senpai

Can you explain me how I get this to work?

mxplayer
quickpic
nova launcher
snap camera(not snapchat,its a picture/video replacement)

Is this bait?

Anyone?
I need to push this project in 3hours

install "open with"
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
go to its' configuration page (about:addons > open with/preferences button)
click "add"
select the youtube-dl.exe file
click "edit" on the new entry, set arguments to "-f bestaudio"
that's all that's needed

Suck my dick with your meme software Sup Forums

Holy shit you fucking neckbeards can you post software that works out of the box for once?

Thanks for nothing again, I'll find something better than that shit.

>Being this mad because you don't know how to open cmd inside a folder.

Can I safely put links to torrents in my Dropbox? It's not illegal to store normal (not magnet) links, right? Seeing how many large "advice sites" write about how you should put even your .torrent files in your Dropbox so you can download them on a remote computer it can't be that bad, right?

You know it would help they would explain what you need to get started anywhere.

They write shit like
>"How do you play the videos you downloaded"
>"just use any video player like vlc or mpv"

But they don't explain how that shit actually works.

.torrent files and magnet links don't contain any part of the files they "link" to, so it should be fine
they only contain infohashes and tracker url's (magnet links) and filenames/chunk hashes (.torrent files)

you dont "store" magnet links.
Knowing dropbox,they will b& for torrents

Thank you, but I noticed you need ffmpeg for it to be mp3.

I know mp3 sucks, but I want to play the music on my ripoff ipod shuffle that can't handle other formats well.

I only want to store the link to the website where I later download the .torrent file from. That's even less risky, right?