I bought a PS/2 to USB Adapter, but don't work at my laptop. Compaq SK-2800, is the keyboard I want use

I bought a PS/2 to USB Adapter, but don't work at my laptop. Compaq SK-2800, is the keyboard I want use.

Any hint? I need donwload a driver?

More info:
citrusmicro.com/341158-Manhattan-PS-2-to-USB-Adapter-p/341158.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-10934-PS-2-Keyboard-Mouse-to-USB-Converter-Adapter-Black-/371206911330?hash=item566da7f562:g:LYgAAOSwstxVeGh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Adapter in pooper, post pics.

>using a ps/2 keyboard

So?

Pretty sure you need a driver for that keyboard, though I'm not sure one for anything beyond XP exists.
It's not even mechanical though, why bother.

I use a PS/2 keyboard, best keyboard I've ever had.

My model M is a DIM5...

you need an active adapter passive adapters only work if the keyboard has the hardware for usb

>active adapter

Then I just waste my money buying that crap?

>only work if the keyboard has the hardware for usb

This keyboard is from the year 2001.

This looks like a passive adapter for a specific keyboard that can run USB signals over its PS/2 connector.

Though active adapter chips can be pretty small, so it COULD have one in it. Does it show up in device manager / lsusb and not work, or not show up? If it shows up at all, it's an active adapter that isn't working right. If not, it's probably passive and not going to work for you.

So is my model F.

When I put it, my pc tell me this.

You'll need a proper converter, your keyboard doesn't support USB directly.

>saving static image as .gif

why senpai

just buy ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-10934-PS-2-Keyboard-Mouse-to-USB-Converter-Adapter-Black-/371206911330?hash=item566da7f562:g:LYgAAOSwstxVeGh4

Works well, but disconnects/reconnects occasionally. Doesnt fuck up the trackpoint on my rt3200 so i cant really give a shit.

Therefore this fucking shit never gonna work with me????

Is from google.

But I just want use a old keyboard, not a mouse.

Are you sure this is the only way to I can use my old keyboard?

it literally doesnt fucking matter if it has 2 ports.

post this shit on /wsr/ next time

When you attach a ps/2 keyboard or mouse, you need to reboot for it to initialize.

>Using a PS/2 keyboard then plugging it into a USB slot

I did it, but still without work.

Also:
I'm the same guy from weeks ago did that thread asking about how turn off a symbol muslim at a keyboard.

>Then I just waste my money buying that crap?
Those were usually bundled with keyboards sold like 15 years ago. If you spent more than $1 you got ripped off.

Purple is for keyboard.
Green is for mouse.
Yes, it does matter.

uninstall gentoo

what do i win?

Fuck

A zebra's foreskin

This.

>
>>active adapter

>2016
>Not activating your adapter