Newfag

Why does almost everyone on Sup Forums rip on Arch Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_from_existing_Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>almost everyone
it's one (1) morbidly obese shitposter

The dullnormal / retard range of morons around here can't install it, and it makes them pretty mad.

Because it's popular.

it's a meme distro

lol

Its not hard to install. Its really, really, really hard to install it properly. I mean, like, REALLY hard.

if I have it installed does that make me smart?

> almost everyone on Sup Forums

LMAO
it's one fat manchild

there's one obsessed guy who makes regular hate threads about it, the rest just follows along.

But one of the reasons is archuser's sense of superiority they acquire for copy+pasting commands from the wiki.

because the text gui is hard to follo

you do not install arch with a text gui installer

How the fuck do you do it incorrectly?

they've never used it before and/or they like using outdated software

Smarter than the dullnormal / retard range of moron around here.
Congratulations.

With kde/plasma of course.

Because it's broken by default.

>literally 40% of packages broken

But by the time you install those things, Arch is already installed.

Install gvfs and it mouts shit ro, try to make KDE work smoothly but still laggy as fuck, tying to make any applet work on Xfce, bootloaders fucking up (grub and xfs) etc. The list is endless!

Because Arch Linux users are fucking faggots.

Because it's another pointless meme flavour of the month.

Did someone say Arch Hate Thread?

>Why does almost everyone on Sup Forums rip on Arch Linux?
Because of Arch users with a ridiculously distorted cognitive bias, such as this one:
Arch is one of the easiest distributions to understand from top to bottom.

>Arch is one of the easiest distributions to understand from top to bottom.

Thanks for supporting the fact that you are a serious moron if you can't install it.

>one
one
wən/Submit
number
the lowest cardinal number; half of two; 1.
"there's only room for one person"
pronoun
referring to a person or thing previously mentioned or easily identified.
"her mood changed from one of moroseness to one of joy"
a person of a specified kind.
"you're the one who ruined her life"

idk why would you be so bothered with someone with a superiority complex on the net though, get therapy and work on your self-worth senpai

Vocal Arch users are like a train crash, with a conductor who insists there is nothing wrong.
It's hard not to stare

>someone took their time to do this in response to arch users calling em dumb
top kek feels good to not be an insecure wreck

i just installed ubuntu
can i be youre friend?

Why would you want to be friends with a fat, smelly autist?

It's kinda amusing desu desu

Jealousy.

Arch is the distribution of successful engineers and scientists.

Dimwitted children vent their jealousy by bashing the world's most advanced distribution.

OBESE MANLET ALERT

>Implying Arch users had meeting to begin with

>he didn't pacman -Syu

>Bottle pissing smelly fat obese manlet is back again
Why are lifeless people such desperate faggots?

Didn't make the thread but this behaviour appeals to me because it's a perfect example of what not do to. It's hilarious how the average arch user is basically a real life cartoon character, but it's computer related. I used to wonder as a kid how people get like this, ie really smart but so morbidly, catatonically bitter that no matter how great they are at something nobody will ever ever ever want to work with them because they are the biggest autists ever. I've read greek tragedies where a fictional character shot himself in the foot less. Just like every extremist in any field they go much too far with it and it's all just a game on who is the biggest loser and they take technology backwards by a factor of 30 years thinking that thousands of people are seeing their obscure terminal software setup that they spent months on trying to differentiate it from ubuntu users who got the same shit in 15 minutes but nobody fucking cares. Get the same hilarity from slackware and gentoo. The difference between technology autists from losers in other fields is that the scale is so much larger - they had to train for years to dropout and do this, train themselves to hate everything and everyone. Gun fucks and the retarded anti-car mechanics are losers but they eventually find some retarded group to fit in. Arch users and any extreme tech faggot anti-group are just so, so, so fucked on a whole extra level, every opportunity that comes their way is going to be pushed away as hard as possible for the most hyper-nitpick psuedo reasons and I can't get enough of watching it happen.

If you watch carefully the fatball doesn't actually have any arguments against arch but for memes. Arch is hard for some people and they just feel jealous. like

>literally the ONLY """""defense""""" arch users have is "ur fat lol"

TURBO VIRGIN ARCHNIGGER ALERT

this. benchmarks show pacman is nearly 3% faster than dpkg, which more than makes up for having no security team, a non-standard release model, no quality standards, no 3rd party support, a really bad ports system, no management/installation tools, etc.

i use arch as my main OS and have been for years.

TOPKEK Go take your dietpills brain dead you fat sack of shit

Did your sentence structure driver break?

i don't hate on it, I use it on my laptop. Gentoo on desktop.

there's really nothing to hate on it, it isn't that much different than any other distro honestly. It's not hard, its not "l33t hacker" as newfags on here think it is.

the only reason people hate it is its user base is cringey

arch is damned amazing. I wouldn't use it in enterprise, but for a hobbyist/tinkerer it's great.

I'm using Manjaro for some days now, really liking it. My computer is very old and I couldn't open many tabs in my web browser and everything started to get fucked up. With Manjaro netinst, everything is working fine, I just installed the DE and the basic programs I need, no big hassle.
But I'd really like something stable and certified, I won't have many time to fix problems soon. Debian is a no no, I never could get it to work in my computer, the drivers are shit. What do you guys recommend? Fedora? I just want to do the same shit I did with Manjaro, minimal installation and stable.

I use Arch as my host OS and window xp on a VM.

Newfags cry because they are too stupid for Arch. Go to any website and you'll find out Arch is for experienced users.

It's basically really hard to setup for people who live by a point-and-click lifestyle.

The people who don't want to learn about the operating system they are installing should install Ubuntu instead.

Arch is not for the newcomers, if you have a vision of your system, this is a nice distro to install. All packages are modern.

It has an ABS system to keep packages you care about stable and compiler optimized.

>overzealous autistic fan boys
>"you'll learn how Linux REALLY works!" When it's literally just configuring a package manager and letting scripts do the rest
>offers nothing that minimal net installs already offered for other distros don't
>muh bleeding edge packages!! when you can just install directly from the upstream source in any distro
>only reason to use it is the aur, which is full of broken and unmaintained packages and isn't monitored at all, most "packages" are just a bash script to download the package and it's install script from GitHub
>aur is far worse than Open Build Service, which actually lets you package binaries and programs for multiple distros
It's not the worst distro, but there's nothing it offers that makes it worth using over any other distros and it has the worst fucking user base.

Why does Linus Torvalds use Fedora instead of Arch, the superior distribution for real hackers?

Nice pasta but I will bite.
>>offers nothing that minimal net installs already offered for other distros don't
It's more minimal than Ubuntu mini
> can just install directly from the upstream source in any distro
Yes on Arch you just have to type :#packer atom-editor-git. It's pre set in the AUR
>only reason to use it is the aur, which is full of broken and unmaintained packages
Learn how to use pkgbuild. Nothing is broken
>>aur is far worse than Open Build Service, which actually lets you package binaries and programs for multiple distros
I have a different personal opinion, AUR let's me install precompiled *nix binary very easily

>comparing it to Ubuntu for minimalism

Thanks for proving my thesis, pajeet!

Ubuntu mini is a minimal ubuntu package. Lurk moar, newfag

Because it's the last step before Gentoo.

>It's more minimal than Ubuntu mini
it's not, all the mainstream distros are about 1gb, including arch

Pajeet, please! Shit goes in Loo, not the post!

That is when you install the base-devel group package. It's upto you if you use things like sudo or not.

Arch is not a minimal distro, but minimal enough not to give you autism

Not really, no.

Gentoo is for casuals and dualbooters. I don't think there is anyone who uses gentoo exclusively while not being a closet wincuck

The creator of Gentoo left his distro because it is not practical. He's just a macfag

I use gentoo exclusively. Windows is a fucking mess

>It's more minimal than Ubuntu mini
du -cshx --si --apparent-size archlinux-bootstrap-2016.05.01-x86_64
342M archlinux-bootstrap-2016.05.01-x86_64

debootstrap --variant=minbase --arch amd64 xenial ubuntu-minimal/ archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
du -cshx --si --apparent-size ubuntu-minimal/
136M ubuntu-minimal/

Archfags confirmed delusional

Because it's a hobbyist OS.
Sometime's it's documentaion is LQ, for example:

I decided i was going to setup a chroot Arch Loonix today for fun.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_from_existing_Linux
(I'm on debian BTW)
Followed the instructions untill this:
>Selecting a mirror and downloading basic tools
>
>After selecting a mirror, refresh the package >lists and install what you need: base, base-devel, parted etc.

Now if we backtrack, we can see the following:
>Using the chroot environment
>
>The bootstrap environment is really barebones >(no nano, no ping, no cryptsetup, no lvm). >Therefore, we need to set up pacman in order >to download the rest of the base and, if >needed, base-devel.

How in the fuck am i supposed to select a mirror without vi emacs or nano? Am i supposed to echo into /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist ?

Fuck you. I use gentoo exclusively on 2 machines

Archfag just got #rekt.

I am not talking about the size of bootstrap idiot. Go check many packages ubuntu server comes with. Then compare it with Arch base install

>compare server distribution with base install
debootstrap IS Ubuntu's "base install".

Oh #rekt again. Bend over and take it you little Arch faggot.

If your iq is below 120 points please use something more user friendly.

>aerchboyyo

>Incomplete install = base install
Are you fucking retarded. Ubuntu's most minimal install is the server install and it is more bloated than Arch-base

fuck off clueless fucktard

I'm not familiar with that process, but can't you edit the file outside of your chroot?

>I don't even know how to install Ubuntu
The most minimal install is literally the --variant=minbase bootstrap. 136MB. Add 1 MB for Grub if you want to be anal. That's it.

After reading this post. I now understand why I use arch so much. Dear god.

Bootstrap is not a complete install

>Ubuntu's most minimal install is the server install and it is more bloated than Arch-base
both are about a gig, neither is minimal so stop memeing about bloat

Anyone?

Stability depends on users way of using a system. Did you run into any instability or are you just implying debian stable is free of bugs?

Ubuntu MATE, m8

Nice one. Ubuntu professional devs sure worked hard to magically solve MATE's issues

I just couldn't install my network card, but I didn't try very hard. It's an Atheros AR9285. Should I keep trying? Is Debian my answer?

I never used Ubuntu, jumped straight to Mint. I worked with Ubuntu, but never with my own computer. Is it actually good? I don't want bloated stuff.

>I don't want bloated stuff.
It's less bloated than Arch.

>Nice one. Ubuntu professional devs sure worked hard to magically solve MATE's issues
please senpai report bug desu

Nice meme, I keked

>jpg for text

You can install it by following instructions. It's not hard at all.

And what's your point? Ebin meems?
XD fuck off

hipsterism to the nth degree

it's pronounced "mah-tay"