Hey Sup Forums I have a stupid question

Hey Sup Forums I have a stupid question.
How are these things called? It's an amplifier right? Which ones could you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

schiit.com/
coconut-audio.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy schitt stacks and gtfo

excuse me?

>Hey Sup Forums I have a stupid question.

It is called a DAC, or a Digital to Analog Converter. This is used to achieve analog sound, which apparently sounds better. Use the >>>/sqt/ next time, nigger.

Amp

DAC

I realize that this belongs in /sqg/ but can anyone recommend a brand of amplifier?

speaker brand would also be nice, my budget is around $200 to $250, I'm not an audiophile so i'm not trying to spend over $300.

>I saw one of these in a /bst/ thread and now I need one because it looks cool, Sup Forums can you help?

Seriously what the fuck. If you don't even know what it is why on earth would you need a recommendation unless you're just a total nigger.

Because I have 15€ logitech speakers and would like new ones which can't be connected to my computer directly of course.

>This is used to achieve analog sound, which apparently sounds better

>analog apparently sounds better
>literally implying you could hear digital signals
>implying headphones and speakers can output digital signals
You're mentally retarded.

schiit.com/

metal case, couple LM386's/TDA2228's, whatever, few jacks and a few caps'n'isters, and a 10k pot and you're good homie. can even mount in yo desk all cool like.

Even the company name is trolling you audiofags.

You'll need some cables too OP, better get them from here...
coconut-audio.com/

MUST WATCH

>2 mice

AMPS

since this is a /stupid audio question general/, if i were to buy a pair of m-audio bx5 d2 for my pc, would i need an amplifier or something or just 2 mono ->stereo jack and connect this this to pc?

>tfw no Falconpunch Transfer Protocol
pls die!

Buy this shit

Lol hellow

It's a DAC. It essentially is the same thing as your soundcard. Or the sound chip you have on your motherboard. It converts digital signals to analog signals, or in other words, electrical pulses that move the elements on your speakers to produce sound. Digital audio signals can't produce coherent sound, it always has to be converted to analog pulses for it to produce a coherent sound.

The idea is, that when you are using your internal sound card or chip, the conversion is done inside the computer, which is full of electromagnetic signals and other sources for distubance. It will produce minor artefacts in the analog sound or disturb the conversion so the sound you get is not what was intended. High end motherboards have better isolated sound chips and you can buy PCI sound cards that are even better than that, but for the most part, you want the conversion to happen away from all the disturbances to avoid distortion of signal.

A DAC is basically just a sound card housed in a small box. It's insulated from electromagnetic signals and it gets to convert digital signals to analog in peace. It's just a small processor for sound producing.

Most DACs are snake oil, if you have a decent motherboard chances are the digital to analog convertion is good enough to pass. If you have very high end audio it's a different thing, but most shit you see on Sup Forums in bst threads is not good enough to justify a $200 DAC.

Some DACs have a built in amplifier. Most for headphones, but some models are made for actual speakers too.

nice potato.

Typically these have replaced internal soundcards in high end desktop PCs and middle-of-the-road content production rigs.

Fuck you