Air Conditioners

hello, lads

I need an air conditioner but I'm not sure which one to choose

panasonic, mitsubishi or daikin?

also are those technologies like e-ion, nanoe-g purification, motion sensor, 3D circulation airflow, econavi... worth the money?

No one shops for an AC by brand. Just by size of the unit (btu or kw usually).

I bet Sup Forums can install Gentoo on that thing too.

>tfw this style of air conditioner is not common in the US

central air B^)

I think you can get them at home depot now they're pretty awesome if you don't have a window to fit a window ac also if you just want to cool one room in an entire house its pretty nice

>tfw this style of air conditioner is not common in the US

what do you mean? we only have those in yurop

in the US you usually either have central air or a window unit that you put in in the summer and take out in the fall like pic related

ewwww

Not true. There are good brands and not so good brands, and then there is downright shit ones that have 1 or 2 decent series. Think of it like Mercedes - Ford - some random chink car that get 1 star on crash test.

There are brans you can't go wrong with unless the unit is too small for the room.

TL:DR

Mitsubishi Heavy
Daikin that is made in Japan

I personally go with Daikin, little bit more noisy - 2-3 db, little bit less economical but build like a tank. Keep in mind they are expensive. 6 years ago I paid 1100 euro that was ~ 1550$ for 18 btu unit. Looking now at this series price in $ is about the same.

Keep in mind they have some goodies. They have sensor so they wont direct airflow at someone in the room, they are in real world scenarios more economical than lesser brands (don't cheat at specifications you can count on that)

Also unlike the AC on your pic you can be sure that it will run like ak47 for years to come.

Stay away from brands:
Midea
Haier (there are some good ones but most are not)
Panasonic (like Haier)
Hitachi (I have seen one model that is pretty good for 9btu unit is more build like 10 btu but it is old one and you cant find it)

Mid tier brands
Normal Mitsubishi
Toshiba

High tier:
Daikin
Mitsubishi heavy

>Stay away from brands
>Panasonic

w-what

>little bit more noisy - 2-3 db
That's literally twice as noisy

tfw can't use window unit because HOA
just fucking kill me now

in wall air conditioners are also really common in older condos (built in 60s-80s).

shitty thing about the in wall units is that back then virtually all of them were made by fredders and had sleeves 27" wide whereas the standard now is 25.5" wide. the only direct drop in replacement is made by friedrich and costs around a grand. i got lucky when i had to replace my 80s fedders unit and found an open box friedrich for $350 an hour drive away.

pic related 27" wide friedrich wallmaster.

I am fairly sure this is illegal.

Denying a tenant AC falls in the same category as denying them heat or electric.

HOA have virtually full control over the outside appearance of your unit/property. he is most likely only allowed to have central air conditioners.

best part is I bought the AC and put it up and got a complaint about it, only got it because I saw that the neighbors have one up but I guess I'm just not fortunate enough to have a tree blocking mine from view

what did they complain about, the noise or just that you're not allowed to have it?

>"tenant"

HOA stands for Home Owners' Association, not Plebian Tenant Club

OP probably has central air that doesn't evenly distribute in his home, HOA would tell him to get that fixed instead of bandaiding the problem with a window unit like a scrub

From my point of view (a lifetime spent repairing things for a living) the simplest, least gadgety device is the best. Gadgets break much more than the core device does.
Flexibility breeds complexity and complexity is always flawed.

Bro, just get your central air fixed. It's usually a retardedly simple fix unless you have a 40 year old unit.

>Not true. There are good brands and not so good brands,
The issue is not good brands and bad, but most people buy from local stores and you places like home depot don't carry many AC brands in a certain BTU rating. Even if say you go Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes, you might only be able to get 2 brands in that BTU.

I worked for a shitty HOA that allowed window units.

>messes up the windows
>won't buy a vertical one to fit
>removes window and puts wood in
>runs screw through window to install

I can see why a good HOA would ban them.

Daikin inverters. After changing from my old conventional ac, my electricity bill went down by half.

This, although i kinda like this - we have two, one for each floor for our house in greece, keeps shit gud in the summer.

when we saw an advert for this in the US TV we were like surprised cause we never see that shit there