Just bought a Raspberry Pi 3, model b. What should I do with it, Sup Forums?

Just bought a Raspberry Pi 3, model b. What should I do with it, Sup Forums?

Stick it up your ass

RetroPie and wireless controller

Beat Amazon to the drone delivery scene.

Put kodi on it and try unsuccesfully to sell it on ebay and craigslist

INSTALL

Fuck you, you stupid asshole.
I bought an orange pi.
Know what I'm using it for? Like 50 fucking things.
And you need other people's help to come up with just one.

I've done nothing with my Pi since I ordered it. My PC and VPS does everything I need. I couldn't find a use case for it outside of being a fuck-ugly media centre.

fpbp

List them. Everything I put on my pi always ends up on a freenas jail and my pi sits here unused. Honestly I kinda like it as a sandbox for python shit I make.

GENTOO

>I just bought a computer, what should I do with it Sup Forums?
Every retard making one of these threads should look at it this way and shut the fuck up.

Cubic decimeter everything box.
For leaving at work, so I can always get in and keep track of all the machinery without dealing with the sysadmin.
12v in from our solar system, dropped down to 5v for the devices, bumped back up to 12v for others (Stable, unlike the solar voltage). Powers a small OpenWrt router wired through to a female ethernet port on the back. Internal LAN switch port connects to the pi. Router creates a pipe to my VPS, pushes all WLAN traffic through it. The pi gets a direct link to the outside world because it can manage itself.
Pi and router reverse port forward my VPS and home network through autoSSH so I can always get back in.

Pi connected to 2.5" disk through USB to SATA connector, powered from 5V from the regulator through a custom SATA cable. Pi asks VPS to mount the drive through the previously set up reverse port forwarding system with SSHFS.
VPS mounts mega.nz accounts as folders, rsync copies mega folders to the pi.
Whenever the 2.5 gets full, move the contents of the 2.5 to my laptop over the internal wifi network.
Also, throw in a couple 10 amp usb ports on the front for charging shit. And a fan, coz why not?
Couldn't decide on a case for it, so said fuck it and just used the storage box I'm using for carting the bits around in.

Now, let's say I had a RPi 3, I wouldn't even need the router. Ethernet into the pi, it does everything else. I'd be able to get the whole thing fucking tiny without having to route internal ethernet cables.

That's just one little project I'm using my oppai for. What's your excuse?

Can't fucking wait for the rest of the bits to arrive so I can start laser cutting an internal frame for the thing.

Fucking bump.
I posted this shit, I wanna see what other anons are doing with their pi's.
Xebec need not apply.

I'm using retropie with four Xbox 360 wired controllers, hooked up via composite to a CRT TV. Can't beat that lack of input lag.

doesn't it heat?

I have a shitty, old android mini-pc, and want to use it as main OS for my mom AND backup machine, connecting it to an external HDD and a wifi device thought a powered USB hub...

Is it true that a raspberry pi would make an awful file server? Something about the usb and the ethernet sharing the same bus? Does this still apply for the raspberry pi 3?

Create your own cloud storage (hook up router and portable storage to rasberry pi, encrypt it all, floating IP)

Install raspbian on it and SSH into it.

You question basically becomes
>I just rented a cheap vps what should I do with it?

Yeah but a heat sink solves the problem for the most part. A good way to think about it is it's basically an overclocked rpi2 out of the box.
Yeah but apparently the Wi-Fi is good, so maybe just use that instead.

Is it good for emulation? Or should I go with an Odroid or something?
I've been using my Wii U as an emulation station, but something that's a little more comfy, customizable, and supports more would be nice.

Depends what you want to emulate. Everything below SNES/Genesis is good. Most PlayStation is good. Most N64 is shit. Dreamcast or PS2 forget about it.

Check compatibility lists on RetroPie wiki if you have any specific games in mind. If you post on /r/RetroPie (inb4 gb2 reddit) there are people who will sometimes test specific games if you ask nicely.

This and then hang yourself with a HDMi cuck cord when you realize it's a closed source piece shit hardware that is useless unless you know jack shit about mechanics or robotics.

Learn python opencv and make it a motion detection camera. Bonus if it texts you/emails you when a person walks by.

Get a fan with a heat sink since that shit is hot

N64 games looked like shit to begin with

No dickhead, they run poorly. Not at full speed, and emulation is inaccurate.

If you use a good desktop PC with all modern texture smoothing, AA, and high-res texture packs, N64 games look fantastic.

>first thought is using it as a media center
>"look guys i know how to technology I swr I should work for googles!"

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running RetroPie and a Raspberry Pi 2 that I'm currently using as a small cheap Linux machine to practice C++ on, although I want to buy another SSD and install some Linux distro on it to run on my main PC, at which point I don't really know what I'll use my RPi 2 for.

Sonarr & Couchpotatoe

>wireless
Or one of the better third party wired ones
8bitdo and iBuffalo have great third party SNES controllers.

Dreamcast actually works somewhat, but low fps.

N64 has a retard architexture and is a bitch to emulate, unlike the PS1.
A pi is a little bit too weak for a lot of N64 games.

You can also isntall Raspbian and Retropie together.

I've replaced the old computer in the living room with Pi 3. Partly because I want to rebuild the tower with newer stuff,and also because almost everyone (except my father) have smartphones and laptops and my father only use the computer in the living room to read news, open his fb account and watch random youtube videos

So far, he's pretty happy with the setup, so I can afford my sweet time with the old tower

Do people honestly buy these and have no idea what to do with them? I'm buying two, adding a node balancer and running a Gentoo server.

Ambilight

>he still lives with his parents

run pihole and never touch it again

Where do you think you are?

a place were adult peoples with socializing issues congregate to shit on others and the world to displace their aggression all while working in their homes

>he still lives with his parents
Implying you don't while losing all street cred

Pypot

This. It's not some specialized piece of hardware. There isn't anything radically different that it can do vs any other computer

This

>i bought a product and have no idea what to do with it
Why buy it in general???

set up you're own server

Mines sitting on my desk unopened

or his parents are living with him

kill self

Kek, came into the thread to post this.