What does Sup Forums think of some of my recent Hi-Fi finds?

What does Sup Forums think of some of my recent Hi-Fi finds?

NAD 7175 Power Envelope integrated amp (2x75w) - $100
NAD 2155 power amp (2x55w) - $45
Audio Control Richter Scale Series III - $35

I've seen all of this go on eBay for much higher
2155 - $250;
7175PE - $225;
Richter Scale - $430

The Richter Scale is really cool. It's basically a bass controller, it has a crossover stage which cuts over at 90Hz with hi/low/bridged/inverted outputs. Then it's got a separate stage with a 6 half octave step bass EQ, plus a warble tone generator with a VU meter for a calibration mic you can hook up to get the bass in your room super flat. It's got a few other filters too.

I've got it splitting my signal and the bass is going to the NAD 2155 which is running in bridged mono to power a cheapo JBL 10" there.

A better look at the Richter Scale.

split my dick and call my caitlin

>mfw I have that Schiit set up and owned a NAD a long time ago

now I rock one of these

NAD's are always nice, great finds m8

Fucking nice

Nice! I haven't had luck finding anything really. I passed on a Sansui A-3100 for $50 today. About the best thing I've ever seen.

Sansui's where among the best, quite a shame the company went under
I had a AU-919, one of the best amps I ever heard, I still have a TU-919, a shame radio is pretty much kill nowadays

I'm not into hi fi but I did buy a Kenwood KA3020 SE years ago which is still going strong, coupled with a Sony CD player.

I love the NAD styling.

So I have an issue with my 2.1 power speaker set. It is made by Cambridge Soundworks and the satellites will randomly start sounding very scratchy and hissy, however this will persist even after the removal of the audio in wire to the speaker set up. It will stop happening after the speakers enter standby after 30 seconds of no input. When the audio in cable is plugged back in it wont start up again instantly but rather after certain sounds are played that reach certain pitches it seems like. I am fairly sure that the issue therefore resides in the satellites themselves which will necessitate me buying either new satellites or just replacing my entire speaker set up (this is what I am leaning towards). I have been searching for replacement satellites to no avail as of yet so as a result I have also started looking at replacing everything with something else. If I do end up replacing everything what are some good integrated amplifiers to look at? I was thinking of buying a powered sub from Elac as well as a set of Elac Uni-Fi UB5 bookshelf speakers.

tl;dr
Speakers are likely broke, need to either replace them or purchase an entirely new audio system for my computer, if purchasing new what integrated amps should I be looking at?

These kind of setups are pretty much the best bang for the buck you can find. Would lose the EQ though, really has no purpose in these kind of setups.

I have two separates, a Kenwood stereo amp and Sony CD player.

I would like to play mp3s, but hooking up an mp3 player to the AUX in the amp and using the controls on the mp3 player it just fiddly,

Are there better options?

Hook up your PC instead?

Yeah could do, it's on the other side of the room and it means any notification sounds would come through too.

I was thinking of the chromecast audio would be an option.

Perhaps a cheap tablet with SD card would be a good buy, it would also have other uses too.

Did I do good? I received this amplifier brand new unpackaged. It is 4x135w and was free. Manufactured 1983

You could switch outputs depending on where you sit. Use your phone or a tablet to control it of you are in front of your speakers.

um ... no very bad send to me

That's a great find. what do you have connected to it?

Re-purposing an old phone with an micro sd card seems like the best idea to me.

An old blackberry or something with a decent battery life would be ideal

beautiful piece of equipment

I stupidly passed up a NAD amp for $17 in a thrift store. Got the pre-amp for $6, though.

22,95 euro inc shipping. I wanted add some small full range speakers to my collection.
Nice if pointed directly at the old head.

its okay
if you have good speakers, you could do better

I love the through-board construction on old receivers and amps like this. They are such a breeze to work on.

no offense, but those are pretty shitty, and they take up more space than necessary

Overkill for middling speakers but this is what a proper NAD should look like.