What can somebody do if they know my IP address?

So I was on Sup Forums when someone posted a fake imgur link to an IP logger. Because I'm a dumbass I don't browse Sup Forums with a vpn. I put my IP address into a tracker and it didn't lead to my house but I'm still paranoid as shit.

Anyways so what could this faggot do now that he has my IP address? A ton of other people visited the link too so do I have anything to worry about? Also I have no idea if my IP address is static or just barely changes but I'm gonna turn my modem off for 15 minutes.

Also I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this shit so explain it like I'm a 5 year old.

All sorts of shit.

Like what

like scare you into posting a stupid question on Sup Forums and wasting our time.

i can't think of anything much worse than that.

at worst, I'd expect a ddos

Thats what you get for being an autistic newfag. Now fuck off to 9gag.

I hope you like pizza op :^)

You're fucked. Better move out of the country and stop using Computers altogether.

Check if your IP within private IP range.
Many ISP nowadays only assign private IP to user.
The diclosed public IP might be your ISP IP, so no harm done.

Now he has everything to steal your identity.

>Many ISP nowadays only assign private IP to user.

Best spread your cheeks. You're gonna get forcibly sexed by strange men

Honestly after frantically googling about it I realized there real isn't much he can do with just my IP address

Just had to check with you fags cuz I'm a tech illiterate and I wanted to see if you knew something Google didn't

Depends if you're in a stand-alone dwelling or apartment block.

I live in a house with my [spoiler] girlfriend

you're pretty obviously underaged too

Not OP but my WAN IP is 10.xx.xx.xx and 192.168.X.X for LAN.
I can only get public IPv6 but not IPv4.
So yeah, some ISP already running out of IPv4.

It's the end m8 you're finished, they will come for you, they will rape ypu and your family.

>Because I'm a dumbass I don't browse Sup Forums with a vpn

This is some cringe material

mods, please permaban this faggot.

You're pretty fucked. IP stands for Internet Profile, and basically the number tied to it is your personal IP number. Everything you've done on the internet can be tracked back to your IP number. You know how there's social security numbers in most countries? It's basically the same, and in fact your SSN is also tied to your IP number.

but Sup Forums blocks posting from VPNs...

It's against the rules to post on Sup Forums using proxies or VPNs, Sup Forums also blocks most known VPNs from being usable.

>Sup Forums
>home of the tech illiterate

you're screwed. the hacker is backtracing your IP with a visual basic gui as we speak

They can find out who your ISP is (assuming you are not on a VPN). That's about it.

its easily possible to browse with a vpn you just have to roll your own. pick a vps some where and install openvpn and your done

How are people seriously falling for this bait?

So your ISP has you behind NAT that you can't control? My condolences.

since all these morons on Sup Forums won't give helpful answers, to the point where people actually go to Sup Forums for computer building advice, I'll answer your question:

> can tell (somewhat) what ISP you use
> can tell general location, maybe city
> can tell them some basic browser details from your system (more if they enlist help of some JS and you don't use NoScript)
> can tell if your IP is likely to be temporary
> gives them a chance to start hitting your IP repeatedly with other botnet attacks and penetration testing (sometimes this yields other servers or daemons you have listening, sometimes helps with personal info mining)

Port scan and write a really mean letter to your ISP. Just make sure your firewall is set up and you should be ok.