Install arch on laptop

>install arch on laptop
>one year later sshd suddenly stops working
>no physical access to machine
>ask mom to reboot, still nothing
>use teamviewer to connect to mom pc to create a live Pinguy OS usb (come with teamviewer installer)
>get mom to boot live usb and launch teamviewer
>arch partition mounts just fine
well I'm done, arch is a meme distro and will break on you out of nowhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/135350
noahbradley.deviantart.com/art/The-Coming-Darkness-342482698
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No shit

You use a laptop as a server?

Wat.

This is the most made up story I've ever heard.

yep, it's an older laptop that I use as a proxy/seedbox. my mom house got fast cable so it's convenient.
I wish, suddenly no way to connect via ssh, reboot did not help so I was fucked.

Currently backing up and getting ready to install this PinguyOS

Maybe he didn't update for a long while and now is hit by the change is sshd for not allowing root logins anymore.

If it's a server why were you updating it at all really, I mean I'm assuming an update 'broke' sshd and it didn't just break on its own. Which begs the question how because there's been no recent reports.

Lmao, that would be hilarious. I'd laugh at OP for being retarded in that case, failing to authenticate doesn't mean it 'stopped working'. Also,
>logging in as root

yeah sure thing kiddo, actually I typed rm -rf / and suddenly ssh went down ;^)
nope, it did not break with an update, suddenly the connection cut and no way to get it back. I got mom to reboot twice, check network cables but still did not fix the issue.

>using arch on a server

Systems don't just 'break'. If the system suddenly stopped working with no change to the software the hardware fucked up.

yeah sure thing, this is why it works just fine from the live usb, the hardware must be broken.

>it did not break with an update
So, why are you implying it's the distros fault? Since this is the only point where the distro might fuck things up for you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're trolling.

>arch server
>op lying to save face instead of telling what happened so we can't even help him

Sounds like OP failed his server configurations and got hacked by his neighbor's 14 year old son.

because a distro that is unable to launch a sane system on a reboot is a piece of shit.

The distro doesn't launch your system. What do you think a distro is?

don't fucking pacman -Syu your server unless you have a backup you mongoloid

the same advice applies to all distros

>Systems don't just 'break'. I
programmers are not gods
they write shitty software that can and will segfault or cause kernel panics any moment

This wouldn't happen if you'd worship your programmers

could you please post the wallpaper?

in fact it is shit all the way down

from the calculator skin to the wm to the daemons to the drivers to the kernel to the microcode to the architecture

down to the very transistors and caps

it is all shit glued together by bubblegum and neckbear dandruff

alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/135350

bash has to be one of the more ugly 'languages'

Agreed, I much prefer Python for shell scripting -- I really dislike BASH. It's an uncoordinated mess, it works but it has so many strange corner cases and so many things that are part of the syntax instead of being default behavior or part of functions it's just silly

>HTML
>ascii art comments
>binary numbered tabs

what the fuck

:^) complain to "siliconzwords"

>indentation colours

I get that Arch is a muh custum shit meme, but literally why even bother with all this unproductive rice shit? just to make a screenshot to troll Sup Forums?

Yeah and in that case odds are it'll be fine after a reboot, I mean, if it lasted a full year.

>for y in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7....

we /gore/ now

> It's a custom version of seq :^), you do it by hand

>Using Linux kernel
>Using free software

Found your problem Senpai. Install Windows 10 and forget about your PC troubles.

>UNIX
>uses archLINUX
>hostname: hackbox
>hackbox

Topkek

was gonna compliment your desktop and then I saw you're music taste

Been running Arch on a DO VPS for a little over 3 years, and have never had a problem with it.

Terrible background
Great music choice

Too bad my laptop does not work with Linux. The 4.4 kernel fucked up my audio and wireless. Just says 'device is not ready' and very faint audio output.

Pretty sure that has nothing to do with the kernel but your PULSE/ALSA configuration, love.

Unmute all your devices in alsamixer and use pavucontrol to switch through the default sink settings -- see if it helps.

If it does fix those settings in /etc/pulse/default.pa permanently.

When will you linux losers learn? WHEN?

Linux is worst operating system to ever exist. Timesink OS for losers

I did that with Aslamixer raised volume to maximum. Then took it above 100%, still can't hear shit. I can live with headphones but having no wireless is a deal breaker. There is no solution for RT3290 devices, I spent a month compiling drivers and tweaking, it doesn't work.

HP laptops are the worse. From the bios to the shit hardware with custom drivers that only HP can provide. I can't even use drivers from the device manufacturers.

Should have bought a Dell.

Can post the wallpaper?

noahbradley.deviantart.com/art/The-Coming-Darkness-342482698