Gaming Laptops

I travel a lot for work and am looking for a gaming laptop to kill some time on the road with. I know they're usually overpriced but I think it's worth it for my job.

With that being said I've basically narrowed it down to two that I think seem to be good deals.

But as someone who knows nothing about the discreet hardware in these things I was looking for some opinions on the key differences.

ASUS ROG G751JY-VS71
-4th gen i7-4720HQ 2.6ghz
-Nvidia 980M 4gb
-No SSD
-No G-Sync

ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72
-6th gen i7-6700HQ 2.6ghz
-Nvidia 970M 3gb
-G-Sync Display
-128gb SSD

Those are the main differences. They're only 50$ apart from each other so the money isn't an issue.

This will primarily be used for gaming and basic work tasks (MS Office). I've tried finding specific comparisons on the hardware but haven't had much luck. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and any other suggestions for better hardware/laptops.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P506-Clevo-P651RE-Notebook-Review.152021.0.html
xoticpc.com/sager-np8657s-clevo-p650re3-p-8678.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kill time by working, no need for expensive heat machine.

gaming laptops are not performance great on battery power senpai

Wait for 16nm Nvidia GPUs. Mobile GPU improvements are greater than their desktop counterparts because the limiting factor is heat.

Avoid Asus ROGs. Heavy,bulky,shit battery life, very fucking hard to clean and you look like a flaming faggot. Buy some Clevo/Sager/Eurocom/XMG (P650 chassis models are very good) laptop or a MSI from any series other than G7X (since they are also very heavy).

>gayming laptop
>>Sup Forums

I'm a geologist so I only work during the day. There's a lot of time spent in my hotel room twiddling my thumbs. I spend probably 60% of the year on the road so something to do would greatly help.

Battery life isn't much of a concern. It'd mainly just be used in a hotel room.

I really don't need anything super great and I'm not trying to spend a lot of cash. I still have a desktop at home that I use so this wouldn't be my primary PC.

Any specific recommendations?

Wait for the GL502vt if you're in Europe. The damn thing is a thin and light and has similar specifications

notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P506-Clevo-P651RE-Notebook-Review.152021.0.html

Here is a very good one.

What type of games?

>he's a grown man who plays video games

Get one with 980M, gsync doesn't matter jackshit when it's not 100+hz display.

gimme that retarded dog and gaming laptop meme pic pls

Nice try fat neckbeard linux loser

Ah damn. I'm in the US. That looks really good but don't see any US retailers with it.

Mostly just FPS and a lot of older titles that I've never gotten around to playing.

Oh really? Never read that anywhere. Good to know.

>he's a grown man who shitposts on an anonymous otaku imageboard instead of doing something productive with his time.

xoticpc.com/sager-np8657s-clevo-p650re3-p-8678.html

Here f.am.

A Macbook Pro works well for games. Use bootcamp to install Windows.

>gaming
>job
Grow up manchild

Thanks man!

With being so thin it will become oven stone for baking pizzas. You can't fight laws of physics. This is why ROG machines are great, they have better cooling solution plus it doesn't make noise

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233120

Any opinions on this one? Not much out there on it. But seems like a hell of a deal.

I've read it can get hot and loud but if I only intend to use it at a desk is it that big of a deal?