Programming/Math books

Does anyone know any good references for math/programming books? My school always sucked at math and I never appreciated it until I got to college now.

While I love math, I find the lack of foundation from high school impedes me to appreciate programming (I passed the college application tests with high scores due to weeks of intense self study).

I have read and understood the K&R, and I know how Assembly works. However I cannot call myself a programmer as my math skills are shit. Looking to change that, and would appreciate suggestions and tips.

>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-18-005-highlights-of-calculus-spring-2010/highlights_of_calculus/
math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'd be better off on /sci/. While I do know quite a bit of math due to my course forcing it upon me, I haven't found it very useful in programming. High school math should be good enough for most of what you'll need, unless you're into complex and highly efficient algorithms.

Regarding programming itself, you started the right way, I'd say what you should do is get on GitHub or something of the sorts and start doing projects, sucking at them, being told how bad you are until you get good. Books have a limited reach on that area

who is this testicle molester?

somebody's daughter

Who is this semen demon?

Who is this fluid druid?

Kate Upton you shut-ins

For Calculus 1&2 read the Stewart books
For Algebra both Linear and Non Linear get the Grossman books, those are the only ones I've read but IMHO they're not as good as the Stewart books are for Calculus.

Fuck Maths, anyway.

I wish she was my daughter

So where the fuck am I supposed to buy this shit for under 20 dollars like the info graphic said?

Who is this boner toner?

No it isn't.

Who is this cock dock?

www.thepiratebay.org has some pretty good deals on eBooks

Who is this penis machinist?

Who is this testicle tamer?

K...keep me posted.

Who's this wiener witch?

Who is this same faggot?

>Kate Upton
Literally who?

Who is this sperm summoner?

are you fucking blind?

Who is this ejaculate empress?

private trackers

Who is this jizz jockey?

Learnt the lesson already fag? Don't derail your own threads by posting sluts on a SFW board.

This has been a public service announcement from me to you.

If you like Assembly and C and want to explore some mathematical magic in those field, read Hacker's Delight and thank me later

Easy answer

I don't think he has sufficient mathematical background

not OP but thanks for reminding me of this book familio. An internet for you

Thanks, I ordered those books along with some basic calculus. I'm really nervous as, while I'm ahead coding Assembly and C than other students, I am behind in math. So, this is going to be very interesting indeed.

Thanks for the book suggestions, I did some research on them and I am surely in for a fun ride.

Go to libgen.io

Search for:
Basic Mathematics - Serge Lang
Introductions to Mathematical Reasoning - Eccels

Now go to MIT and watch 'Highlights of Calculus' vids to get an idea of what is going on ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-18-005-highlights-of-calculus-spring-2010/highlights_of_calculus/

After you are done try this, a crash course in honors calc math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf

Then buy the book (pirate copies are shit) The Art of Computer Programming and read the Math preliminaries which is equivalent to Concrete Mathematics and actually quite easy to follow as Knuth explains everything. Since you know assembly you can jump into MIXAL and start analyzing algorithms.

Get up 2hrs early everyday and do this. Daily. Took me 6 months to finish TAOCP Vol 1 doing most of the exercises. I could have easily just picked up CLRS and done the applied route but where I work everybody pretty much comes to me about any kind of complexity problem and they propelled me into management pretty much right away to oversee algorithm development for a betting exchange. Good luck

Thanks for your advice based user, will definitely do this!

>Basic Mathematics - Serge Lang
>Now go to MIT and watch 'Highlights of Calculus' vids to get an idea of what is going on ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-18-005-highlights-of-calculus-spring-2010/highlights_of_calculus/
>After you are done try this, a crash course in honors calc math.uga.edu/~pete/2400full.pdf
or he could just read Lang's First Course in Calculus. it contains most of the content from Basic Mathematics anyway

Depends on how shitty your math level is, Basic Mathematics is a more thorough treatment of all highschool/precalc math than the quick review in his other book. Basically with Eccles and Lang's intro books you can absolutely sail through any undergrad math course.