Had a Moto 360 1st Generation since launch. Shit has been rock solid especially with upgrades...

Had a Moto 360 1st Generation since launch. Shit has been rock solid especially with upgrades. Unfortunately now it hit the shitter and will charge and boot but will not connect to my phone and after awhile will just completely turn off and if you turn it back on, it turns back off again.

So Motorola offers a repair service, but basically by repair they mean give them $100 + tax to give you a new one.

So I'm kind of wondering what to do. I loved the Moto 360 but the 2nd generation one is a laughable upgrade, especially at $300.

Are there any other good offerings out there? I was looking at maybe the Samsung Gear S2. Thoughts?

The Huawei Watch was $250 pretty much everywhere recently, its a great upgrade from my first gen Moto 360.

For $150 the Asus Zenwatch 2 looks good, but I personally don't like square watches.

>Memewatches
n33t here what is the purpose of these?

Moto customer service SUCKS, they botched a software update a few months ago that made it perma force-close.

Took me like 8 calls just to reach a non-pajeet, and get them ship me a replacement. Ended up sending the wrong version after all that.

I sold it and bought a Huawei watch for 259, best decision ever.

Where are you getting the Huawei for $250? is that the one with the black leather band? I'm guessing they're sales that pop up now and then.

to force a new niche market in hopes of making more money.

Yeah black leather, I got it off a random sale sold by Amazon.

Bought the magnetic mesh strap for 20 bucks on pajeetbay, but the leather still looks better IMO.

google io is in a few days, just wait and see if there's anything new
nothing new from huawei though probably since they recently announced new watches (womens versionsl

>not wanting a computer on your wrist
I bought mine because it makes me feel like im wearing pip boy

>
>>not wanting a computer on your wrist
>I bought mine because it makes me feel like im wearing pip boy
Reddit please get out.

I bought mine because I don't like constantly pulling my phone out of my pocket to check notifications. The Huawei Watch is cool because it doesn't instantly make you look like an autist, most people think it's a regular watch until they see it glow or me swiping on it.

It didn't come out until September 2015. I doubt they would release anything new before September 2016.

moto maybe but its not to at least one new google wear product could be announced

Do you get looks of disgust in public?

I get compliments and people asking what it can do almost every time I go out.

Does that bother you?

Yeah it bothers me that someone would just lie on the internet like that

not everyone in life is as autistic as you m8

The huawei watch ( idk the name)
The gear s2 (the one I have) is pretty good

I have one too, surprisingly no one ever called me a dork or a loser. I get compliments or people asking if it's the apple watch.

This tbqh. People think it looks like a real watch until you swipe away something, then they're like oh shit nigga what is that

Also, 99.9% of compliments are women.

Only option is the Pebble Time Steel.

Even with the steel option it still looks like a toy.

Because that's what smartwatches are, user.

I know but my Huawei Watch looks like a real watch, everyone thinks it is until they see me touch the screen.

Your life must be really shitty if you value things based on how boring they are.

Anyway. I have recently bought used Motor 360 2nd and it gets a lot of (unwanted) attention. Practicaly everyone wants touch it or have some question about it.
Currently I am working on home automation, writing some apps that will work with my watch and Python scripts with BT hardware on my RPis that will detect if I am in a room.

But that's my thing, the Moto 360 2nd gen just doesn't seem like THAT big of an upgrade to the 1st gen version. You're basically paying 100-150$+ more for a lousy spec upgrade. Loved my 1st gen Moto 360, just sucks it crapped out because it was pretty much solid.

It's something I wear on my wrist. It needs to look good.

Im not content with wearing anime shirts, cargo shorts, and watch that looks like a toy like you are.

>Huawei Watch
over 300 dollars to view notifications

you must have money to spend nigga.