/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ [Open]

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpvxg0-WChY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ayy.

Second for quartz in space.

It's pretty much Jean-Claude Biver's branding strategy (and personal taste): the watch

Aaand the OP is right back to autistic.
Good job fucking it op, user.

What should I lubricate my replacement (bezel mod) SKX007 bezel gasket with?

cum

you must have some crusty watches faggot

scotch

Personally I would use wd-40.

(Copied from previous thread)

So I'm thinking of getting a Timex Expedition, since the Weekender is apparently so very very loud in its ticking noise. Any suggestions for a specific one? My budget is $50

Nice memesplorer fellow milkbaglander.

Going to bid on a rare tuning fork movement, wish me luck.

Good luck.

Uh, doesn't Buyee have instructions on how to sign up? Once you have a account, search auctions though Buyee using "Seiko (movement number)" sort low to high in price and enjoy the inscrutable pictures, hilarious engerish Google translations and the stupidly cheap prices.

What are some good things to search for to find vintage WW2 military german watches on ebay?
Also interested in WW2 military British watches on ebay.

Going to outbid user on a omega wish me luck.
But srs, hope you get it

gl fampai
I recently won my zenith at incredible low cost :3c

CA-53W is all that matters.

Opinions??
I found one at 70% off.

autism: the watch

Fuck, that's what they did to the ch80? I was looking forward to buying one of these before they put them on the back burner. JCB has a lot to answer for.

Any recommendations on a new band? Measures 24mm at lugs and 18mm for the original Seiko buckle. The one I have is short and I don't have a punch.

If not leather maybe something else.

What about this one then?? It's also 70% off, but 500 dollars more expensive, so it'll cost me 150 more.
Honest opinions pls

Protip:watches aren't just suddenly marked 70% off, they are pulling a fast one on you.

Shit. forgot to add pic

Pic related?

This is a LE btw. I'll probably buy it as an investment too.

see

1/10 trolololol

Look faggots I came here looking for honest opinions, not fucking memes.

I already know this watches are good, so don't try to troll me. I have asked all my friends and they say both are great swiss high-end watches, but I can only afford one. Do you even know how much these watches costs? They are on pair with Rolex and Omega, but with better designs.

I just need to decide which one I buy. I'd love to buy the LE Reserve, but I'm afraid I would never use it if fear of damaging it and loosing my investment.

REAL OPINIONS PLEASE?

>REAL OPINIONS PLEASE?
Urgay
pwned

real opinions?
you should kill yourself
theres the truth you bad troll.

okay, now you're at 0/10. gtfo.

You were doing alright until this one

Ok, gaudy
But some people like overly extravagant baubles of cheap electroplated meme fuel
(I own other memes myself)
Plus like user said 70% is pretty suspect unless they had a huge mark up on it.

Shop around online before making the purchase

I forgot. Never expect real help from Sup Forums.

Finally. Thx
The guy who is selling them got them at a black friday offer, but now needs the money, hence the big discount.
I don't want to buy online, I fear the watch might got lost in mail.

What would you suggest as an option?

pretty much the worst attempt at a troll I've ever seen desu

Turned out okay for my first try, could definitely use a lot of improvement.

Wew lad, this post is some unique bait I haven't seen for a long time. 4/10 for effort

pretty cool, did you put the flap in between them to avoid the buckle-on-crystal issue or did you find that to be unnecessary?

I made the canvas pretty long so there won't really be an issue with the crystal's scratching against each other or against buckles. It's big enough that both watches can sit crystal side to the bottom and not be bulky, and the leather lace tightens so that they sit and stay in place.

Oh, that's one way to address it. I think the w&w one is short enough that it might be necessary for the protective flap because they made it as small as practical to make it compact, which would necessitate alternating the watches in the case. What kind of leather did you use?

I would suggest checking the value of the watch online, then committing to purchase or not, the second one whilst still ghey is less ghey than the first.
It's down to your taste in the two

You'll be let down, I'm not sure what watches if any were standard issue for German military members

There is way better money spent if you were after German military stuff anyway

Check out my sweet NSDAP badge. Ss stamp on the back of it

I like it, i don't like the croc leather but that's my personal taste, the design is solid though bro would buy in a different material

It was my first attempt at it, definitely not as skilled as little Chinese workers, but I do okay. The leather is a patterned lamb skin I think.

The real opinion?
Better off buying a sarb, or halios, or skx

I like it, but the cheap looking leather rope ruins the look a little bit.

It's a piece of lace. Not really anything else I can use. I have elastic rope, kinda looks okay.
I'm going to make another one today. Looking at tutorials for pattern making and other things to see if I can refine it.

Get some metal snaps.

Fair enough.

Using something synthetic instead of leather shouldn't be a bad ideal either.

I do have some snaps. Just trying to think of ways to make it easier to produce. I already have an idea in my head for making the body shape.

Swiss cheese>Japanese cheese

>tfw all on time

A Vostok importer made these pouches. The body of the watch sits beneath the snap while the strap fits down the inside length. I think a detachable cover isn't the best, a strap around the top would work better.

>tfw my sarb, raketa and my face are better looking than your sarb, raketa and face

I've had an idea for a watch cover type thing. I'm gonna play around with some ideas for an hour or two if anyone wants to drop some ideas for useful things.

>why

Did you ever make this ugly strap?

no, I fucked it up.

Ah, weren't those made by some Italian importer along with those straps?

Yes.

>tfw you will only need your ugly watch to check the time of your defunction when a giant Australian tarantula bites you.

>Implying a measly spider could knock me my throne

m8. Every since Howard got rid of our guns there is nothing or no one on this island capable of killing me

They use the same movement, so the Expedition is loud too.
Unless you go for the chronos.

>tiny movement
>huge case

Absolutely disgusting

>tfw when i just sold my WW2 era~ish watch

Mah nigga

Ayy lmao

Also comes with a poem I've written

At his desk writing with vigour
Not much talent, of course go figure
aspirations different to most, much bigger
Slim success, time to reconsider

It'd be nice if you responded to emails.

I'd post the cover but it has seen better days.

My Russian watch made by a child with a Russian book about loving a child

I was going to argue that I could, then I realised Tasmania is another island again, and technically you are correct

apt

whos avshalom

I'd you donate to my watch fund I'll write you a rap song

Ew Tasmania, may as well be New Zealand

Anyone know what the youtube of that 10-20 minute long video of a company building a grand complication is?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpvxg0-WChY

Thats it, thankyou.

>Not using Das Kapital or the Communist Manifesto

Such a missed opportunity.

I don't have those so I picked a meme book to go with my meme watch.

WEW!!

I got a hardon reading that book.

I can't be the only one here that doesn't like Nato straps on pretty much any watch.

Well.

They only really fit well on tool watches.

Wearing one on a dress watch is completely haram.