Can we talk about the GTX 1070 for a moment? They say 379$ MSRP but is that really true...

Can we talk about the GTX 1070 for a moment? They say 379$ MSRP but is that really true? GPU partners have followed MSRP before with Nvidia, but people here claim that we won't see a gtx 1070 under 450$ this year.
What do you think?

JUST

1070 is just meme

I will use new Zen processors as my graphic card so i need no nvidia

i also use ram instead of hdd ,it is faster

do not fall for meme anime faggots in Sup Forums that buy overpriced shit and then install shity linux on it

No, they're going to cost around 470 USD.

It'll be 379, but you'll only get 379 dollars worth. Every release they all (nVidia, AMD, intel, etc) make big claims and the actual product is never anywhere close.

It's like they compare real life performance of a heavily used old generation card to the best theoretical performance of the new cards. Then when their next gen cards after that come out, they don't use the theoretical performance as a comparison, everyone forgot about that 6 months after the initial disappointment, they compare it to the real life performance of another heavily used card.

It's gunna be

Will the 1070GTX run GTAV at 1080p with all settings maxed? Starting to consider upgrading from my GTX750Ti. The anime conversion mod I'm using adds like a GB of textures and it's starting to choke. I love the look of the game with the settings all maxed but after a few minutes of playing it gets really choppy.

>anime conversion mod
what

Replaces all the bill boards and signs and ads with Anime stuff. Sorta looks like Akihabara.

I think we'll se board partner cards at 400usd and up, you'll always have your lightning or kingpin editions. Then sales and price cuts with time.

>1070 under 450$ this year.
>What do you think?
Its going to be like $900 for the 1070 aftermarket here in aus following 980ti pricing and over $1000+ for the 1080

Count me out

Supply for the new cards is going to be low until late summer while demand will be high. That means you'll have to sell your kidney to be able to afford one.

It's $380. I know it because I can trust Nvidia to always do right for their customers.

I wish I could trust nvidia.

>pay $500 for a fucking gpu
>to play games
>and waste your life

the jews won

>gtx *70

No more chinese oil. Let's get fracking!

Can you stop using "$" as a substitute for AUD when it's nowhere close the value of actual dollars?

Dollar came from the Dutch, '$' came from the Spanish.
USD aren't actual dollars.

What GPU upgrade would match my 3570, so that neither part is a bottleneck

a 390 can do that. not sure if it works with the anime mod and i had some trouble with one of the shadows settings but it plays smooth as hell and my frame times are tighter than a nuns cunt.

A 970/390 can do that already you cuck.

970 sure as hell can't

i have a hd5870 so if i do bite the bullet it will be a serious upgrade

although i'm still curious as to what nvidia has planned for the future tldr

>buy x
>to do x
>and waste your life

White men are cu.cks

6.5 TFLOPS.....

pay less for a crappy gpu have insta-regret

Mine runs it just fine

I sit at about 3.8gb of vram usage with all settings on very high and 2xMSAA

Not even that. The fact is that there isn't a single game out there that justifies building anything even remotely high end. The only demanding game worth a shit is Witcher 3 and only for its writing. Its gameplay is pure fucking ass.

I have a meme card and a ps4 and sometimes I feel like I should have just bought a big ass tv with a nice sound system instead of building my pc. Most of the stuff I play on it are ancient and the games on the ps4 are more interesting anyway.

>pay $500 to have fun and forget about the soul crushing job I have that lets me afford thousands of dollars of tech
Seems like a good trade to me

From what I heard the 3.5GB+0.5GB Problem does not really appear as problematic on certain memory types.
Cards with Samsung memory supposedly have less problems with going over 3.5GB.

Well mine does so you are a fucking idiot.

Nice shitpost.

>7.5 GB